Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands  (Read 268102 times)

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »
Yep! Would be awsome (although it's pretty new school ;)). I can bring my carts (about 50), too ... if neccessary. If Puzzle Bobble is in there, all other games are obsolete anyway ;)

AND I will bring my ICB then. Hope the 1800 tickets remaining in there are enough to cover the day. I will also prepare some prices. Tickets without prices are like having a party and no drinks and music.

The restauration of my Video Pinball is not really making progress though :( Maybe I will have to exchange that cab with another (yes, I will bring two cabs this year :)). Amidar is ready to go or maybe the most beautiful Universal cab: Cosmic Alien??

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
Neo Geo sounds fine to me....but 50 carts ? :) I don't think we should change carts all the time ;)

Metal Slug is a brill game IMHO and of course Puzzle Bobble.

We are very happy with ANY game brought (as long as it fits into the well-known priority list.... ;D)

A choice between Amidar and Cosmic Alien is pretty hard. On one hand, Cosmic Alien is one of the nicest looking cabs ever with brilliant artwork. On the other Amidar is the better game IMHO. But that is just one opinion and because I initiated Eurocade doesn't mean I call the shots when it comes to the games that are brought, that is of course up to the owners of the machines :)

Speaking of ICB......but actually this is true for any game:

Give your fellow visitors a chance to play the game you are playing too.

No-one has a problem if you do a couple (3 maybe 4) of games in a row, but don't go "hugging" one machine for hours so that others do not get the chance to play it. (Only exception is Aart on the Galaxian ;))
Not everybody is bold enough to keep standing to wait or even ask if they can get a turn now....and that shouldn't be necessary.

I'm not aware of this happening at Eurocade last year but I have seen it at some other parties... IMHO it is simply decent and common sense to share the play-time...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:57:48 PM by Level42 »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2012, 05:09:58 PM »
I vote Amidar  ::)

And crystal castles, my little helper loves "the bear game"  ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 05:11:37 PM by Etienne »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2012, 11:10:04 PM »
We welcome Lazlo as our 32nd person to register for Eurocade, welcome !!!

He promised to bring a machine, which one is not 100% sure yet but will soon be announced.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #229 on: August 05, 2012, 11:23:47 PM »
We thought it was time for some reminders/additional info:

- Remember that the entry price for Eurocade 2012 is €20 per person. The reason why it's so much higher than last year is that we wanted an "all in" price. The price includes attending Eurocade with loads of great classic arcade games, soft and low alcohol drinks in reasonable amounts, lunch (various rolls, also our famous Dutch snacks) and soup, and our "famous" buffet at 18.00 hrs. with something to eat for all.

We felt this was a more fair system than "dragging" with the piggy bank like last year. Yes there STILL will be a Piggy Bank in the form of Etienne's wonderful Pong model, but this is really for those who feel Eurocade needs some extra cash to do even more great stuff in 2013..... ;)

- to be able to give all that for this low price, we do depend on visitors to bring in some soft/low alcohol drinks like last year, this really helped us cover the costs

- please remember to set your game to Free Play BEFORE Eurocade. If your game cannot be set to Freeplay please inform us UPFRONT by mail/PM.  We can hook up a special credit button to your coin door. This is NOT damaging anything and can be removed very easily again. We do NOT want players to have to open up coin doors and find credit switches....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:26:29 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2012, 07:06:53 PM »
Happy we can add Arcadegek, Joeks and Vnera + Friend to the list of visitors, welcome (again :)) !

Arcadegek is not 100% sure yet but I'm sure he'll try everything to make it :)

Got a question about bringing along husbands/wifes/girlfriends/boyfriends/kids/other friends. Of course they are most welcome (within reasonable numbers) !
Naturally, for every adult we have to ask the entry fee of €20,- because of the costs of drinks, food, rent and electricity :).

Kids are free.

One thing about kids (and note I have a son too !!): We love kids and we definitely have the goal to at least TRY to make them want to keep our machines running once we are strolling behind our push-carts (or whatever they are named) but there are two important things to keep in mind:

1) It's no play-ground/kindergarden. No running/shouting etc. please. The machines are extremely valuable and plenty of them have parts that can't be replaced, not for ANY money.....also everyone wants to play in a pleasant and comfy environment
2) We (the Eurocade team) are no guards. We expect parents to keep an eye on their kids at all times (and that's pretty hard when you're intensively playing a game). We really don't want to get in nasty situations where damage happens to any of the machines. So please if the kids are very young and cannot be expected to understand the value of the machines, it's really better to not bring them unless you constantly want to watch them...you know your kid best so we expect you to make a wise decision. I am sure it won't be needed, but should it be necessary we will ask you (and your kid) to leave when they show no respect for the machines, no money returned.

I know this all sounds very strict BUT we feel that we must do everything in our power to prevent any possible damage to the machines !

People will bring their nice (sometimes their most valuable) machines in the trust that they will be handled with respect. Let's not discourage them for the future !

Thanks for understanding :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »
Yessss..just got word that Mr. & Mrs. Atari (Sijmen & Sandra) will be joining us this year !!

Mrs. Atari regretfully couldn't make it last year so I hope she'll have a blast this time ! :)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2012, 01:26:38 AM »
The line up of visitors is getting better and better.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2012, 12:16:19 AM »
We are very proud to be able to announce that Eurocade has found its first sponsor !!

The sponsor is :

ARCADEFIXIT.COM
Amusement Parts & Supply

check out their site at www.arcadefixit.com !
They have over 100,000 NOS parts in stock and ship Worldwide !

We are trying to make Eurocade even better, interesting and especially more fun and by looking for sponsors we will be able to offer the visitors this !

If you own an arcade-related business and would like to support us in one way or the other, please contact Gyruss on this forum for details:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=952

There are many ways to help us, doesn't always need to be straight money...we Will make very sure your company name/website address will get the attention of the visitors.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:31:18 AM by Level42 »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2012, 12:47:53 AM »
Yeah, huge props and kudos to ARCADEFIXIT.COM for being our first sponsor!!!!!

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:49:24 AM by gyruss »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2012, 05:51:43 PM »
Wow, thats great!!!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
Absolutely, and it get's greater and greater !!!

We have found another sponsor !

Beeld & Geluid (Sound & Vision) has kindly offered to use their truck with tail-gate lift to transport cabs from Gyruss and my location to the Eurocade location and back for FREE !!!!

This means that a huge chunk of the available games will not have to be loaded on "scary" micro-trailers or high and toe-breaking HUGE trailers. This will also prevent any rain damage, should the weather be a bit less nice than last year......

The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision ('Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid') is a cultural-historical organization of national interest. It collects, preserves and opens the audiovisual heritage for as many users as possible: media professionals, education, science and the general public. In addition, the institute develops and disseminates knowledge in the area of audiovisual archiving, digitization and media history.

Check out
http://www.beeldengeluid.nl/en/

It's a great building and an awesome place to visit with the entire family as I have experienced in person !!!

A HUGE THANK YOU TO BEELD & GELUID for this awesome support !!!!!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:57:39 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2012, 10:20:15 PM »
....and the third sponsor contacted us today !!!

www.Arcadeforge.de offers a SLG3000 INCLUDING enclosure, a total value of €66 !!!

The SLG3000 is the famous Scanline Generator that will (re)produce the original scanlines that is so typical for classic arcade videogame monitors, but is lacking when using a modern day VGA monitor for f.i. MAME.

Arcadeforge offers a range of custom hardware for the (arcade) videogameplayer and ships worldwide.

More details on www.arcadeforge.de !!!

BIG thank you to Arcadeforge for providing this excellent prize ! Prize ? Yes Prize !!!.....stay tuned !!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:51:29 PM by Level42 »

polderarcade

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »
Oke people whit al the good news at the moment, i am afread i have some bad news :(
Finally have some time to start planning for eurocade
Having some problems whit cabs I should bring.
-----------------------
Konami  jet wave trying to fix the game a idiot :evil:(me) completely destroy the electric motor and it will be a expensive / impossible fix ,for now it’s put in the storage corner.
 So it’s not possible to bring to eurocade
-----------------------
Outruners lost sound completely and not possible to fix at the moment and the weight of the cab is getting a bic problem
-----------------------
Alien 3 same as outruners extremely heavy end hard to load end not realy fiting the eurocade  style to new
-----------------------

But I don’t want to come empty handed so if you guys agree whit it I want to bring:
Atari Bad lands / Atari vindicators ,games in polderarcade condition not looking great (outside of the cab )but good playable
And if the weather is oke I want to bring hang-on dlx on the trailer
Also will bring the pins
Goldwings fix a broken ramp this week is oke now
Jungle lord burned a connector last Saturdays party will be a easy fix and be done before eurocade :)

Sorry for the last minute chances but really busy whit not arcade related stuff so I hope you will not be to much disipointed

And the last thing ,the same like last year’s eurocade it is on the same date as one of the best partys of the year(wilde zwijnen bal) so for us we will leaf the party around nine to pick up the cabs Sunday
Something not clear let me know

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »

The SLG3000 is the famous Scanline Generator that will (re)produce the original scanlines that is so typical for classic arcade videogame monitors, but is lacking when using a modern day VGA monitor for f.i. MAME.

I have one since it came out, and it is awesome.