Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands  (Read 268049 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2012, 10:35:39 PM »
Would make a great picture of course, but the mini-Pong needs to be reachable to play amongst other things....

Would love to see them together though :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:42:44 PM by Level42 »

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »
Hey PRC, I`m fetching end of july my horse trailer. This one has a ramp plus roof plus softened floor ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2012, 11:20:25 PM »
Don't forget to clean out the horse poo before loading cabs !  ;D ;D

Some serious info:

We had a meeting with the Eurocade crew last saturday and discussed a number of things.  

The most practical is that you will NOT get a personalized ticket this year that you need to print at home.
The reason is that we found it too formal and it's simply too much work to create and then e-mail them for every individual.

So, this year you ONLY MUST register (like last year) by sending an e-mail or PM to me.
You can also simply post it in this thread of course but if you are coming for the first time please PM me with your address, e-mail and phone number.

If you were there last year we still have your info, no need for the same info again unless something changed (like e-mail address or phone numbers).  
We will put you on the list.

Once you arrive please look for Pieter (Gyruss), the guy with the longest hair on the arcade crew and "report" to him.
He'll check the list, receive the €20 per person and hand you a badge on which your forum and real name will be written by hand.

Please wear this badge visible. One of the most annoying things IMHO at these meetings is not knowing who is who, while we know each other from the forums already !

Also: you will only get drinks/food if you show your badge !

The reason for this is that we will have people from the band at night time (like last year) and some family/other visitors) who do not pay the 20 Euro so they will have to pay for their drinks/food. They cannot (and will not) join in at the evening meal. Of course bar personnel is excepted from this. Any of those visitors will be "kindly pushed" to drop some money in the "PONGy BANK" if they enjoyed the games...

Again regarding the drinks: please bring some if you can. A nice mix of beer/non alcohol like last year was excellent. It really made it possible to keep thing financially balanced. Remember that Belike will be arriving by plane and thus cannot bring any drinks this time.

That's it for now !
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:35:06 PM by Level42 »

simplesi

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2012, 12:51:15 AM »
Hi,

I would love to come along. What would be the best way to get to Ridderkerk? Fly from Edinburgh to Amsterdam? Don't think I could manage a cab, but is there something else that would worthwhile?

Si

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
Yeah, I will arrive by plane, but already ordered some beer from my brother in Brussels, it will be loaded to our "rented" car from him. ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
Hi,

I would love to come along. What would be the best way to get to Ridderkerk? Fly from Edinburgh to Amsterdam? Don't think I could manage a cab, but is there something else that would worthwhile?

Si

I don't know if there is a flight to "Rotterdam Airport" depending on the day and time, i can pick you from the airport, its very close to Ridderkerk.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2012, 11:22:48 AM »
Yeah, I will arrive by plane, but already ordered some beer from my brother in Brussels, it will be loaded to our "rented" car from him. ;)

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: What a hero!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »
Would be great if you can make it !

There are a couple of options.

The closest airport is The Hague/Rotterdam airport but I'm not sure if there are direct flights from Edinburgh to Rotterdam, and if they are they might be more expensive.

The main Dutch airport is of course Schiphol which has by far the most international connections. Travel from Schiphol to Eurocade is about an hour by car.

The travel by public transport from Schiphol to Eurocade location is a little over 1.5 hours. One way the travel price should be less than 15 euro.
You can plan your trip by public transport here: http://9292.nl/en
It covers ALL public transport, trains, busses etc. Note that you may have to buy fairs for train and bus separatly, I'm not sure about that.

Taxi prices are pretty insane here for a long drive like that, think renting a car is cheaper.

Regretfully the suggested Van Der Valk Hotel is not easy to reach by public transport. If you come I suggest travel to Eurocade location first, you probably can drive to the hotel with one of the people staying there.
You may need to check in for a certain time though, check that with the hotel on reservation please.

Alternatively a taxi from train station Rotterdam-Lombardijen will cost you maximum €11.50. The distance is 3.2 km so you could walk there if you feel like it...

There is a third airport that maybe interesting and that is Eindhoven airport. Ryanair uses it intensely and as you know they are very cheap. However Eindhoven airport doesn't have a train station so you will have to take a bus to the train station and from there by train to Rotterdam-Lombardijen. I think travel to Eurocade would be about 2 hours that way. By car it's 1 hour 15 minutes.

Links:
Schiphol airport: www.schiphol.com
Rotterdam Airport: http://www.rotterdamthehagueairport.nl/en/index.php
Eindhoven Airport: http://www.eindhovenairport.com/
Public transport: http://9292.nl/en

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2012, 12:09:26 PM »
Yes we may be able to arrange some short drives to Rotterdam Lombardijen station or the hotel, but during the Saturday we will really need the entire Eurocade crew on the location. So it's not like a taxi service of course :)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »
Thats why i mentioned
depending on the day and time
  ;)

simplesi

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »
Cheers guys. Appreciate the offer Etienne... will PM you.  ;)

Would it be worth coming on the Friday... will you all be around... or best to arrive on the Saturday and head back on the Sunday?

Si

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2012, 06:40:05 PM »
Friday is set up day and at least the crew will be around (Etienne, CKONG, Gyruss, RobinHolland and I). Further I expect other members to arrive on the Friday already like last year but not sure who. I think it will be worthwhile, we can use all the help available and of course the games need some testing too ;). Althought we don't make it too late Friday night, it's still a load of fun :) You're welcome of course !

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Level42
Once you arrive please look for Pieter (Gyruss), the guy with the longest hair on the arcade crew and "report" to him.
He'll check the list, receive the €20 per person and hand you a badge on which your forum and real name will be written by hand.

What if PRC is all ready there - will he receive €20 and hand you a hand writtin badge? ::) ;D

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »
Or even worse: I am already there, hand over a handwritten 20€ and receive a badge with the longest hair of the arcade crew  :shock: I have to consider to arrive on saturday. Being early in this case is a bad idea.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:42:13 PM by PunkRockCaveman »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
Can anyone who booked a room for the Van Der Valk hotel already please let me know if they charged you "tourist taxes" ? Also if you still have to book, let me know about this please...

I just read an article in the local newspaper that they had an agreement with the city so they did not have to pay the tax to the city (they would subsidize local cultural stuff for 35000 Euro instead....maybe we can get some of it ?) so I am really curious if they _do_ charge it to their customers.....I know it's just a couple of Euro's but as you can see it's a lot of money for them/the city.