Author Topic: best place to buy a switching power supply (aka switcher) 110V (us voltages)?  (Read 12324 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: best place to buy a switching power supply (aka switcher) 110V (us voltages)?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 10:14:23 PM »
because the harness has been converted to include a switcher, it hooks directly into the switcher which then powers the pcb and the monitor. is there something i'm not getting?

You will be running a mains cable from the wall to the cab right ? Inside the cab you could split up the mains voltage towards the step-down converter (if actually needed at all...) and towards the switcher. Then you can use a 230V switcher that you already have....

It's the same as installing a 230V fluorescent fixture...

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: best place to buy a switching power supply (aka switcher) 110V (us voltages)?
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »
the switcher is not only connected to the monitor, but also to a power brick. the easiest (but not cheapest) thing to do is install a 110v switcher and be done with it, i wouldn't have to split up a perfect wiring harness. there's even a space reserved for a switcher on the power supply board itself. i now understand what you guys are trying to tell me, but for the setup i have a 110v switcher is the perfect solution - except for the fact that i don't have one right now ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 09:43:27 PM »
alright, i contacted the german suzo / happ base yesterday asking whether they had any switchers in store - and they do :arrow:

here are the specs (in german):

·         Industrie-Standard
·         AC Eingang 88-132Vac oder 176-264Vac
·         +5V, 3~15 Amp, +15V 4 Amp, -5V 1 Amp
·         CE, TUV und UL Zulassung
·         Hohe Effizienz
·         Einfachen Hochstarten
·         Grüne „Strom Ein“ LED
·         Überlastungsschutz
·         Eingebauter EMI-Filter
·         Max. Geräuschminimierung durch eingebaute Hochgeschwindigkeitsdiode
·         Gewicht 0,8kg / 20 Stück pro V.E.

seems to be nice quality (no CCC) and the price is nice as well: €23.65 per unit (€18.40 if i take 20+ ;)). i'll be ordering three of those soon, so i anyone wants to jump onbard, now is your chance to do so. i'll be seeing a couple of you guys this year, so i could easily bring them along.

so, place your order with me NOW 8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »
I assume +15V must be +12V ? At least that's what you'd expect and also what the picture says...

Sticker also says 220-240VAC. Is it switchable ?

speleo_de

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 08:12:01 AM »
Interested, Ully. Let me check on how many.... great 'find'  :)