Author Topic: A nice add to the Zaccaria collection  (Read 33815 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: A nice add to the Zaccaria collection
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »
great artwork on stratovox - the marquee is even better than the bezel :arrow:

man, if i had the space (and wouldn't live on the top floor), i'd probably be restoring 20 games at once :P

(sorry for derailing your thread, bela!)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 06:46:06 PM »
Congratulations with all your new stuff, you must have the biggest Zaccaria collection on the planet!

@ Ully: Beautiful cabinet! Wanna get rid of it? ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 06:48:53 PM »
I've never heard of this Stratovox thing, but I like that cab. :D
That chassis is yours Ully, I won't need that Wg  anymore, I replaced the whole stuff with a nice Hantarex monitor. ;)

flip971

• View Profile
    • Retrogame
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 06:49:14 PM »
@Bela: Good catch!!!! If You want give away the Lady Bug pcb, let Me know ;) ;) ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »
@Bela: Good catch!!!! If You want give away the Lady Bug pcb, let Me know ;) ;) ;)
I guess my Gf. will love that game until I pull it from the cab, I will let you know if She can let it go. ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »
@ Ully: Beautiful cabinet! Wanna get rid of it? ;)

for now, i'm keeping all my games, but if i'm not able to find a house / shed / whatever large enough to house all of them (which i hopefully will), i will have to sell off parts of my collection eventually. but i'm afraid i'd have to ask you 100 times more than i originally paid for the cab - which was ONE EURO ;D (an ebay auction that obviously noone noticed or seemed to be interested in)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 06:53:35 PM »
That chassis is yours Ully, I won't need that Wg  anymore, I replaced the whole stuff with a nice Hantarex monitor. ;)

thx a lot, bela, i'm missing one and this will come in handy. i'll have to check the condition of my stratovox bezel and if it's worse than yours, i'll have to make you an offer you can't resist. for now, thx again for the chassis offer, please put it aside for eurocade & mark it with a big U ;D.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 06:55:24 PM »

thx a lot, bela, i'm missing one and this will come in handy. i'll have to check the condition of my stratovox bezel and if it's worse than yours, i'll have to make you an offer you can't resist. for now, thx again for the chassis offer, please put it aside for eurocade & mark it with a big U ;D.
Ok my friend, but please note, that this bezel also have some wears, I can send you more detailed pics if you want. ;)

flip971

• View Profile
    • Retrogame
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 06:58:17 PM »
I guess my Gf. will love that game until I pull it from the cab, I will let you know if She can let it go. ;D
Ok, no problem  ;D ;D ;D

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »
Btw. which part is the "yoke" of the monitor? :oops:
I know, I know, I'm a noob. ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 07:18:43 PM »
I actually forgot maybe the most important, the convergence rings :)

Here's a pic:

To get this stuff, in this case because of the broken neck, wear some gloves for your protection.

Unscrew the screw that I indicate with the green arrow. No need to completely remove it, just loosen it a couple of turns to the clamp is fully loose. Try to remove it by sliding it up the neck.
Then do the same with the convergence rings. These may be glued together, which is OK leave that. If they are glued to the neck of the tube, remove the glue.
Be very careful as these rings are very brittle !

Now pull on the rubber wedges. They're glued to the tube (not to the yoke). Wiggle and pull a bit, don't worry the tube is strong at that spot (only the neck is weak).
The should come loose pretty easy.

Now, using both hands try to turn the yoke around a bit while pulling it up.. In theory ( ;) ) it should move up slowly. If anything is really blocking it's movement check for glue or maybe some extra screw (shouldn't be there, but I'm not exactly sure about this yoke...

Once you've got the yoke off, you can pull of the convergence strips. They are also glued with the same stuff as the rubber wedges.

If you don't dare to do it, no problem, it's not that I really need the parts, but they may come in handy for any use in the future (for you...or me, whatever you prefer ;)

These parts are getting harder and harder to find and who knows you may need them one day ;)

Just a shame to throw it all away with the tube :)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:27:17 PM by Level42 »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27:34 PM »
Ok, I will remove everything marked on the pic. ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 07:30:35 PM »
I added some instructions (edit, so maybe you missed it)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
I added some instructions (edit, so maybe you missed it)
Thanks for the detailed tutorial, it's true, these parts could come in handy one day. ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »
Now the only thing I need is a Lady Bug to Konami classic adapter for my Super Cobra pcb. ;D

This looks like a big ass Jamma connector to me..

EDIT:

Here the pinout for a Universal Board:
http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/spies.cgi?action=url&type=pinout&page=LadyBug.txt
I removed the pcb, the Universal logo is present, but seems like a bootleg to me.I'm not sure they used the same pinout as the original. ???

And the oroginal