Author Topic: Galaga Legions DX  (Read 7821 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Galaga Legions DX
« on: April 07, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »
...after the very innovative Galaga Legion game on PS3/360, it's time for the DX edition  :-*

See the introduction trailer right here.

More gameplay right here

:-*

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:18:14 AM by DarthNuno »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: Galaga Legion DX is coming soon...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »
A bit futuristic for my taste. :shock: ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »
seeing those trailers i know why i prefer the old stuff ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 11:15:25 PM »
dont like that one as mutch as i did pacman champion edition delux that game was sooo good.

Also remake/remix for warlords is comming up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcMZvbic8bY

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
dont like that one as mutch as i did pacman champion edition delux that game was sooo good.

Well, I also prefer what they done with PacMan DX, which keeps the original gameplay of the first Pac Man.
But the game play for Galaga Legions is really new and very innovative. It's all about patterns and strategies about how to place your satellites the best to destroy 'legions' of aliens 8).
It's like playing the original Galaga but in many dimensions. The game may looks weird at first sight, but this is something you really have to experiment by yourself. I agree such game is not as accessible as the original shooter, because the game play here needs you to learn patterns, die and retry ... and may looks confuse sometime with billions of bees everywhere  ;D
The musics from the original 'Galaga Legion' are just fabulous (see this post), let's hope that DX edition will kick ass!  :-*

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:20:25 AM by DarthNuno »

Vnera

• View Profile
Galaga Legions DX
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »
Its out now!

I really dident  like galaga legions but i really enjoyed pacman champion edition dx

Here is a quick look at the game.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-galaga-legions-dx/17-4464/

So are you gone buy it? do you think this is a good recantation of a classic? spill your thoughts!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Re: Galaga Legions DX
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 01:37:30 PM »
Got it ... and I really love it!
It's more easy than the first one. You don't have to play with your 2 satellites anymore... instead of that, you control the angle for fire with the right stick, like Geometry wars for example. The game is more playable in that way and more fun too.
After playing it two hours so far, I would say the game is more easy in that way... It's like a huge "Challenge Stages"  ;)
On the negative side, they didn't includes new songs, or just not enough... but they added new vintage graphics  :-*