Author Topic: [flea market find] - What did you find today?  (Read 83819 times)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: Game and Watch flea market find
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 11:26:28 PM »
Nice handhelds, the DK is also one of my all time nintendo favourite along with Green House.
I found a Mario Bros a few years ago for 2€, fully working but without battery covers.
Pretty fun (and confusing) if you try to play it simultaneously with a friend (each one controls a player).

What I've been looking for for years at flea market is a nice Milton Bradley's Simon.

Never found a real one so far  :-\
That's a good thing in a way because it keeps me wanting to wake up early (enough) on sunday mornings...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:40:17 PM by chrischris »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 11:28:21 PM »
Simon is Ralph Baer's "revenge" on Nolan Bushnell  :)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 11:44:41 PM »
Both guys being strong on the "yes I might have seen that somewhere before" syndrome.

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 09:32:38 AM »
Never found a real one so far  :-\
That's a good thing in a way because it keeps me wanting to wake up early (enough) on sunday mornings...
Ok, I won't spoil your sundays then.... ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 10:23:03 AM »
Does that mean you might have one for sale? PMs are always welcome in that case Blanka!  ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: [flea market find] - What did you find today?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
I usually find NOTHING in the flea markets around my 'sector'  :-\  I do not see anything older than PSone  :oops:

But today, I'm happy ... got these two games :

... and here's the best part of the story : I got that Crazy Kong from a girl I know, a little bit older than me, who was in the same school than me... and I'm almost sure I played on THAT game back in the day, in the playground  :-*

Nice SUNday   8)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »
Congrats Bruno, both game look cool, I used to play that led soccer game back in those days, I loved it and I'm officialy jealous for that CK. ;D

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »
Beautiful items and nice story, it's your lucky sunday!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »

... and here's the best part of the story : I got that Crazy Kong from a girl I know, a little bit older than me, who was in the same school than me... and I'm almost sure I played on THAT game back in the day, in the playground  :-*

Nice one's ! About that, that's a really cool feeling...I keep pretending that the SW cockpit I own now, was the one that I used to play in Scheveningen in the 80's :) There's nothing indicating that it is, it's just fun to even think it _could_ be (I _AM_ sure about that the machine has spent it's entire life in The Netherlands so there is at least some chance ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
I know a guy who bought the kiddy ride (a grey rocket) he used to play when he was going on vacation with his parents at the belgian coast in the 60's.
That's priceless...

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »
In the same idea... The Galaxian3 I own IS the one I played back in the days  8)
So many memories inside that 'room'  ::) :P

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 12:37:48 PM »
Great find Bruno. That Crazy Kong is the best DK VFD game ever made! Great deep blue sprites, awesome second level. I like it so much, I've got 2!

Valsimot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 09:07:58 PM »
Congratz on the find DarthNuno  :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »
This weekend we organized (as every year) a flea-market at our marching band clubhouse. One guy said there was a complete NES set somewhere (I always man the "electronics" section of course) so we checked it out. Had to connect it to a really old TV so I could manually dial-in the right channel (most others needed electronic programming, which often requires going through menu's AND the correct remote which is not always included).

We almost NEVER have old game consoles or classic computers on our flea market (people put them on Marktplaats usually) so I was pretty exited to find the NES.

And it worked. There was SM2, SM3, Tetris, Boulderdash, and 2 other games I don't remember, a Game Genie and a 4 player adapter included. Also a box to store the cartridges and the manuals of the games. Also the original box was there and in excellent shape.

Good that I was there as most of the people would have sold that off for a couple of Euro's. Being there I didn't exactly know what the value's on Marktplaats are those days but we put up a price of 35 Euro on it. (We never put prices on stuff, but this was a good exception ;) ). Maybe not enough but I didn't want to go TOO high....

It was getting later and later and I was already determined to either buy it myself or sell it on Marktplaats if there wouldn't be a buyer. But suddenly a guy who had been buying some other stuff (for the prices we asked, no bargaining as usual) said, OK I want that Nintendo. I was a bit disappointed in one way, but on the other hand, we earned some good money for the club. Also, I really don't need yet ANOTHER gaming device, I'm actually thinking of selling some stuff already...(non-arcade I mean).

We also sold an incredible lot of CRT TV's this year. It's so strange, the last couple of years, the "market" for those TV's was getting worse and worse (lower prices, less demand ;)) but this was a VERY good year, and we actually had LOADS of them. One guy (they usually are immigrants who most likely export them to their home country) bought 12 of them for a fixed price per unit....nice guy to deal with compared to some of his "colleagues".....

Next year, I'm going to talk to the guys at our club who organize it and say I will pay a little if I can "operate" on all the remaining TV's for a while. I plan on removing all the rubber wedges, convergence strips and convergence rings. Normally all stuff remaining (except for books and cloths) always end up in this:

but the electronics are not longer allowed to go in there, we have to put those in a separate container for environmentally friendly handling.

Sooooo, what did I buy myself ? Well, a number of very nice 80's 12" vinyl and this:

Yep....another type-writer. Am I starting a new hobby ? No. I've been working on the IBM selectric and I can't get it to print reliably with an even spacing. Also, the IBM's are DAMN heavy and HUGE. Although I now have the perfect letter ball, the spacing of the letters would completely ruin any serial tag repro.
There were of course a number of typewriters at the flea-market, most were the standard mechanical "suitcase" typewriters, and one was actually one with a small CRT and floppy drives, so more a complete text machine from Olivetti. I tried two mechanical machines to see the font. They were very close to what we need. Only the numbers are a bit different. Then I found this electronic one and thought that could be ideal for our job. Checked the font, and while it is NOT 100% perfect, the letters do look identical but again the numbers are slightly different.

I figured that it would be better to have a slightly different font then an unreliable spacing which would ruin stickers.

And I bought it for a pretty good price at 1 Euro  ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's also very portable and light-weight. Some interesting trivia: it's a former DDR product by a company called.....ROBOTRON (http://robotrontechnik.de/) ! :P

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:44:23 AM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 11:46:52 AM »
nice story, andré, thx for sharing!

regarding the typewrite: what do you mean by saying that you can't get the ibm machine print with an even spacing? why not? how about some pics in the appropriate topic?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!