Author Topic: On Sale: Paul 50s Mario Bros. Widebody Cabinets  (Read 21140 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: On Sale: Paul 50s Mario Bros. Widebody Cabinets
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 12:58:14 PM »
no interest if its a virtual fighter. that really isn't my cub of thee

what's the difference between street fighter and virtua fighter? school me please
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

robotype

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »
just out of curiosity...can a super mario vs be converted into a popeye? I remember cab is slightly different but not sure

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »

what's the difference between street fighter and virtua fighter? school me please
The only difference is the manufacturer, otherwise both games sux. :twisted:

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »

Well the bout are a a head to head figting game and thats about it. Sf is a 2d game whit 6 buttons and is based around controlling space and finding a opening in the other players deafens. Also ervy char has crazy moves like trowing fireballs ore very long limbs. So it isnt realistic. Virtual fighter is a 3d game based on real moves and has only 3 buttons. The combat system is based on long juggles that means getting you opponent of the ground so the cant block and the keep them up there.

The are just as  as pacman and crush and roller. bout maze games but totally different.

The only difference is the manufacturer, otherwise both games sux. :twisted:

You think the sux. If you dont like it that doesn't means the game sux. You probably got your ass whipt by a 5 year old 1 time.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »

Street Fighter II is an arcade classic. It was the first important one on one fighting game, with nice drawn characters, and has legendary status till today. It was SF II who paved the way for a lot of one on one fighting arcade games.
Virtua Fighter was a short hype because of the 3D animated fighting characters, but didnt became as big as SF II was.
For 150 I would have bought the SF II immediately.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
I think they suck too.

SF, VF, MK, I'd make a nice campfire out of the wood of those cabs. They were another reason for me to completely loose interest in arcade games....

The weird thing is that I do like Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast.....yes I admit it :

robotype

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 02:29:58 PM »
I think they suck too.

SF, VF, MK, I'd make a nice campfire out of the wood of those cabs. They were another reason for me to completely loose interest in arcade games....

The weird thing is that I do like Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast.....yes I admit it :

you are right, I was planning to convert my new mario wide body into a sfII but now I changed my mind: I will convert it into a neo geo.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 02:57:08 PM »
OKAYYyyyyyy, where's the ;) ?

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »
i understand that some people here hate the fighting games. But i also think the didn't gave the game a fair chance. Fighting games are know for steap learning curves. And when you talk about classic fighting games its just insane. If the people who hate fighting games would take a little bit of time of learning the game mechanics and the strategic behind them i think the wouldn't hate them any more. Maybe say isnt my genre but the hate would be gone.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 03:29:10 PM »
You'll tell that yourself to Jean Claude @ Eurocade in September, you haters !
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:44:02 PM by chrischris »

robotype

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 03:44:51 PM »
I would prefer to expose my opinion to kylie minogue...

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2011, 04:06:27 PM »
SF II is an awesome & classic game for an entire generation, you like it or not, but you can't denied that fact. It defines the style  8)
For few people, our favorite classic  games suck too... but we can live with that, can't we?  ;)
So in a general way, I avoid to say thinks suck... I prefer to say 'I don't like'  ;)
I prefer blue than red!! Who can't prove I'm wrong here? A matter of taste... that's it  8)

Back to topic  :arrow:

Oh nooo.... no more MBWB available?... I'm crying while my wife is laughing while my daughter is crying  :P ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2011, 04:24:53 PM »
i've just forwarded our combined orders to paul, i'll wait for his ok and then let you guys know how to continue. thx to andreas, chris and stefano for being a part of that bulk deal - hopefully everyone's happy now (including paul because he's got some space now). let's get together for the group artwork bulk buy :P

@robo: you already know what to do ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Pauls50s

• Nintendo Cabinet Bulk Buy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
SF II is an awesome & classic game for an entire generation, you like it or not, but you can't denied that fact. It defines the style  8)
For few people, our favorite classic  games suck too... but we can live with that, can't we?  ;)
So in a general way, I avoid to say thinks suck... I prefer to say 'I don't like'  ;)
I prefer blue than red!! Who can't prove I'm wrong here? A matter of taste... that's it  8)

Back to topic  :arrow:

Oh nooo.... no more MBWB available?... I'm crying while my wife is laughing while my daughter is crying  :P ;D

Hi

you can buy 2 mario and you have a extra large wideboooooooooooody

Paul

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2011, 11:33:19 PM »
Just like in Germany, Christmas came earlier in Belgium too this year...

...and Santa had a new kind of snow sled:

few presents but huuuuge ones this year:

mmmh, no beard, no "makes you look superfat" red costume...weird:

As you all can see, I've been VERY good in 2011, hence the gigantic presents:

After some unwrapping in the pure "nintendo sixty-fouuuuuuuur kid" style,
here are the stars of the day:

Centipede, proudly displaying one of the most badass sideart ever made

Mario Bros. Wide Body, I tried the best I could, believe me, but I definitely couldn't pass on this offer:

...and of course as in every Christmas unwrapping there's a (sort of) Christmas tree as you can see on the pic above.

Everything is on temporary location so I couldn't test anything.
(More on the cabs in the background pretty soon as I now have a bit more time on my hands.)

Thanks Ully, Paul and all the DLFers involved in this pretty smooth group buy.
It will sure be fun to restore our Mario cabs on parallel and post the results here.
...yayyy, my first real resto! go go go!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:02:12 AM by chrischris »