Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)  (Read 281538 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2011, 08:09:21 PM »
I have updated the site with info for the Van Der Valk hotel. It's the best option of the three I had up there. The hotel is the most modern, it's the closest to Eurocade and it also turned out to be the cheapest.

PLEASE BOOK YOUR ROOMS YOURSELF ASAP:
http://www.eurocade.eu/Eurocade/Hotel_Info.html

Also please note: In The Netherlands is is not legal to "Wild camp". Sleeping in a car on the road-side is also considered "wild camping". The fine is €100 for this. I am not responsible if you take the gamble....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:16:17 PM by Level42 »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2011, 10:15:22 PM »
I have updated the site with info for the Van Der Valk hotel. It's the best option of the three I had up there. The hotel is the most modern, it's the closest to Eurocade and it also turned out to be the cheapest.

PLEASE BOOK YOUR ROOMS YOURSELF ASAP:
http://www.eurocade.eu/Eurocade/Hotel_Info.html

Also please note: In The Netherlands is is not legal to "Wild camp". Sleeping in a car on the road-side is also considered "wild camping". The fine is €100 for this. I am not responsible if you take the gamble....

;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
OK, reservation done ... 1 night (Saturday to Sunday)  ... Executive suite ...Atrium Room will be fine  ;)

Strange thing... I went for credit card for the payment, but it looks that no payment is required for the reservation? , which is unusual for hotels I use to reserve. So I only have a mail as a 'proof' of reservation  ::) Let's hope they will accept me, or I'll have to sleep between the games  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »

my solution 8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2011, 11:26:18 PM »
Dear Mr. Harcsa,

Thank you very much for visiting our website valk.com.
We are pleased to confirm your last minute reservation.

Booked on Wednesday, June 01, 2011

RESERVATION INFORMATION:
Booking number: RID-141B25984062
Guest name: Mr. Bela Harcsa 
Arrival: Friday, September 02, 2011
Departure: Sunday, September 04, 2011 (2 nights) 
Number of rooms: 1 x Executive Room
Number of adults: 2
Breakfast: Yes
Comments: 

PAYMENT:
Total amount: €159.00
Payment method: CASH

From To Nights Room Breakfast Subtotal
9/2/2011 9/4/2011 2 €79.50 €0.00 €159.00
Subtotal €159.00
Total price including tourist tax €159.00

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
Thanks Bela !

To the guys planning on sleeping in their car, I am going to be honest and very clear about this:

I really do not want you guys to sleep in your cars overnight in my street.

Sorry, but I do not want this to happen, this is a nice and decent area, I will already have to ask a lot of understandment from my neighbors for the busy street with all the cars/trailers/vans arriving, plus imagine what the sound will be around my yard for an entire day....

I will inform them beforehand about the event and I'm sure there will be no problems (as long as we quit at 0.00, this is a strict limit) but I don't want people complaining about people sleeping in their cars in my street.

Sorry, but if you want to do this, you'll have to find a spot somewhere else.

I can understand that driving over here is already a costly matter for most of you guys, but I can't really understand that 40 Euro's is too much for a decent bed and a fresh shower in the morning (and some breakfast)....but that's up to you.

Again, if it would have been possible I would have invited you guys all to sleep over, but fact is that I will already have some of the crew sleeping here and I can only have so much people sleeping here.

I hope this all doesn't sound too unfriendly, but I thought I'd better be clear about it...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:17:00 AM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2011, 01:48:39 AM »
ok andré, understood, no harm done and point taken. i was just talking on the phone with michael yesterday and since he told me he was going to sleep in his car i thought "why not?". but perhaps we should rethink that ...

@michael: wanna share a room in the hotel with me? :)

btw (and this is directed towards andré because he's the only one who understands this): must be around 30+ degrees in my apartment right now, i'm sweating like hell! summer hasn't even started yet, i wanna move out of here ...  :evil:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »
ok andré, understood, no harm done and point taken. i was just talking on the phone with michael yesterday and since he told me he was going to sleep in his car i thought "why not?". but perhaps we should rethink that ...

@michael: wanna share a room in the hotel with me? :)

btw (and this is directed towards andré because he's the only one who understands this): must be around 30+ degrees in my apartment right now, i'm sweating like hell! summer hasn't even started yet, i wanna move out of here ...  :evil:

Ok ully, will you book it??

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »
Thanks for understanding guys. Really, again if it were up to me, you can sleep anywhere you like, but I know how some people here in the area are (they see and hear everything and one of them I know might even call the police, which would render you a more than double as expensive night PLUS a lot of hassle...)

btw (and this is directed towards andré because he's the only one who understands this): must be around 30+ degrees in my apartment right now, i'm sweating like hell! summer hasn't even started yet, i wanna move out of here ...  :evil:
Man....I really really understand !!! And I really feel with you....it's insane, and it's only the start of june !
Temps here are about 23 degr. in the house...I love my home for this, it's always cool in summer...

Gameroom was a bit hotter though yesterday....If I don't have a fixed airco installed yet by the time of Eurocade, I will arrange a mobile unit, because if all the games are running all day AND there are lots of people in there, it will get HOT.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »
OK, reservation done ... 1 night (Saturday to Sunday)  ... Executive suite ...Atrium Room will be fine  ;)

Strange thing... I went for credit card for the payment, but it looks that no payment is required for the reservation? , which is unusual for hotels I use to reserve. So I only have a mail as a 'proof' of reservation  ::) Let's hope they will accept me, or I'll have to sleep between the games  ;D
+1!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »
Mmm, I _think_ that it simply works like that the room is now officially reserved for you and they will not rent it out to anyone else (should there be any customers for it) UNLESS you don't show up (in which case you also do not have to pay of course ;)).

So, you simply pay when you check out I guess. Not an uncommon thing around here.

Very fair to not have to pay 3 months ahead IMHO.

If you feel uncomfortable about it I can call the hotel to confirm this.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2011, 01:34:29 PM »
Polaris has been added to the "Maybe" list !

Kroustibat has moved from "Maybe" to "Attending"  :)

Regretfully he can't bring a cab though....unless someone in the area can help him (ChrisChris, DarthNuno ?)

Would be sad to not have the Outrun here...(I'd prefer that one over PD, I think most of us would as Outrun is clearly the classic)....

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »
Power drift or outrun ?

defenetly Outrun !

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2011, 03:36:45 PM »
Yes I can Help.
Kroustibat has already PM me.
+1 for la Testarossa!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2011, 03:56:42 PM »
Yeah, great, another member will join this great event.  :spaceace: It is going to be awesome.