Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)  (Read 280718 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
>>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)
« on: March 14, 2011, 12:21:11 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is a great honor to present you:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:02:51 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:26:04 AM »
Updated list of people and games that will be at Eurocade 2011.

This will be updated as more machines get "announced"....

What machines will be there ?
- Galaxian (with multi-game kit)
- Ms. Pac Man
- Berzerk
- Centipede
- Mario Bros.
- Star Wars cockpit
- Joust (with Jrok multi-board also plays Robotron 2084)
- Puckman (Italian Bootleg)
- Asterock (Asteroids Bootleg)
- Zero Hour (German Wall Machine)
- Gravitar
- Donkey Kong
- Pac Man
- Q*bert
- Space Pirate (Only known existing cabinet in the world !)
- Space Invaders (Taito !)
- Crazy Kong
- Pole Position II
- Frogger
- Hyper Olympic

- Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
- Missile Command
- Outrun
- Ice Cold Beer
- Space Duel Cocktail
- Consolette 2000 (Breakout)
- Klax
- Nintendo “Red Tent” multi-game (Hyperspin)
- 60in1 cab
- Mame/Jamma cab
- MYSTERY MACHINE (Arcadia Amusements)
- Magical Spot 2 cocktail
- Carnival (German Wall Machine)
- 60in1 custom bartop (maybe)

Pinball:
- Monster Bash
- Tales of the Arabian Nights
- Star Wars
- Judge Dredd
- Black Knight
- Maybe: A VERY SPECIAL MYSTERY PINBALL by Bingovit. Else, he'll take another GREAT pinball machine....

-Level42 (Crew) ETA: always there ;)
-CKONG (Crew) ETA: Friday
-Etienne (Crew) ETA: Friday night
-Robin (Crew) ETA: Friday
-Gyruss (Crew) ETA: Friday
-ChrisChris + 1 ETA: Saturday 10.00/10.30 h.
-Belike + GF
-Arcadegek
-PunkRockCaveman
-Bencao74
-Polderarcade +1
-Superully + Charlotte
-Muerto ETA: Saturday 09.00/10.00 h.
-AtariMania  
-ElPancho + Brother
-Mr. & Mrs. Atari
-Hi
-DarthNuno
-Kroustibat ETA: Saturday 10.00/10.30 h.
-Capt. Kirk
-Luigi
-Speleo_DE (+ family)
-Bingovit
-Polaris
-2-mad
-Ltd. Riker (2-mad's friend)
-Vernimark (+ possible friend)
-Alpha1
-Psykick + friend
-Vnera
-Arcadia Amusements
-Cebulba
-Alligato + brother

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 06:23:12 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 12:32:42 AM »
So here it is: Eurocade 2011. The first edition of an annual European meeting of arcade videogame collectors !

For the first edition, I've "chosen" my gameroom as the location. Of course the goal is to have all the games in there up and running. However, since the date is at the end of summer, the idea is to put up a large tent in my garden so we can house more cabs !! The basic idea is really that of the well-known California Extreme (CAX) meeting, where collectors from across the US come and BRING cabs to share, to play, to meet and to have FUN !

The longer term goal is to make this an annual event (of which the location can change) and hopefully it will grow bigger each year !

The key to the success of this meeting is the collectors who are willing to come over and bring a cab (or two ?) !

Yes it's nuts, yes it's crazy but YES IT'S FUN !!

So far, I have a promise of about 6 cabs to be added for the meeting, being some VERY nice titles indeed !!

While I took the initiative for Eurocade, I found some local arcade friends who are willing to help with the organization:
CKONG (Erik), Etienne, RobinHolland (Robin) & Gyruss (Pieter) have agreed to contribute to the success of the meeting, for which I'm very thankful.

So, for those who don't know where I live, Ridderkerk is a town which is VERY close to Rotterdam, the most important city of The Netherlands (although other opinions differ).
It is at a "cross roads" of two major hi-ways, so very easy to reach by car.

For those who want to fly into here, there is our local Rotterdam-The Hague Airport, but of course Schiphol airport is only 45 minutes drive away by car.

Of course there are lots of hotels around in the area, I will find out if we can strike a deal with a certain (close and very modern) hotel if there is enough interest.

You could easily combine a visit to Rotterdam for a great weekend here. If it's windmills you want to see, the largest "collection" of windmills in Holland is a 15 minute drive from my place.

So details:

What ? Eurocade 2011
When?  3 september 2011, 10.00 - 0.00 h.
Where ? Ridderkerk, The Netherlands
What do I pay ? Bring a cab, entrance FREE. Bring no cab ? You're welcome to spend a free donation in the "piggy bank" at the meeting
What if I bring my cab and it rains ? No worries, the tent is leak-free guaranteed ! There will be heating for the night-time.
What to drink/eat ? I hope everyone can bring some drinks,crisps, cookies you name it. Lunch/dinner is not arranged sorry, we can call some pizza's or whatever, everything is available.
Who is invited ? The primary "target" are the collectors of arcade videogames. However, there are also arcadevideogames enthusiasts who don't have any machines at all for some reason. We're not ruling anybody out but we prefer not to have "joe around the corner" who happens to come along and play some games then leave...
What are the house rules?

1) RESPECT the games. Should be a no-brainer, but I see bottles of beer etc. on or near machines at about every meeting I"ve been to. Sorry but there will be plenty of room for drinking/eating but not where the machines are.
2) No drunks. No problem if people grab a couple of beers, but know your limits. I don't want people sleeping/puking in my SW cockpit !! ;)
3) No smoking.  Not in my gameroom, not in the tent,not in my house. Smoking IS possible in my front yard.
4) No drugs. Yeah yeah we Dutchies are famous for our coffee shops, but I hate them.

What if I have a question ? Mail me or PM me....

What machines will be there ?
See the updated list above...

What to do next ?

1)Please contact me and let me know if you come and with how many people.
It's OK to bring a friend/wife/gf along.
2) Let me know if you can bring a cab and what game
3) Let me know if you need to stay a night (or two) and which night(s)

OK, too long probably but I wanted to "dump" all the info at once.
So, I really hope you guys are feeling like making this a success. I do realize some of you are from very far, but without your contribution it will be impossible to make it a success.

Let's get some of that US  YES WE CAN spirit ! 

Cheers, André

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 07:56:53 AM »
I'm coming! count me in!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:38:11 PM by chrischris »

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
Ridderkerk is a town which is VERY close to Rotterdam, the most important city of The Netherlands (although other opinions differ).
Ha ROFL LMAO!
Maybe in the historic "Boer zoekt vrouw" vision of Holland we currently seem to favor!
The largest labour group in holland is truckdrivers. Well, in that respect Rotterdam is the most important.
Without which region would the WORLD suffer most: exactly: the Eindhoven Area. No more wafersteppers from the high tech region in Brabant means no iPads, no faster internet, no new mobile phones, no new Google TV's, no new car navigation, no new ..... (fill in the blank spot).
The only thing Rotterdam does is move boxes. Quite efficient, but the Greek are about to take over the no 1 position in Europe (thank GOD, I hate trucks on the A15), thanks to our lovely Chinese friends. Moving boxes is important, but not the thing we should be proud of in the Netherlands.

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »
i might come (need to discuss with wife :p)  and depending on my wip i can bring either power drift either outrun.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »
Ik ben der klaar voor, Ik ben der klaar voor, Ik ben der klaar voor  ;D

dutch translation of our famous friend  ;)

ps, 99% sure i will bring my Zaccaria Crazy Kong  :spaceace:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:11:36 AM by Etienne »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 09:57:13 AM »
Ridderkerk is a town which is VERY close to Rotterdam, the most important city of The Netherlands (although other opinions differ).
Ha ROFL LMAO!
Maybe in the historic "Boer zoekt vrouw" vision of Holland we currently seem to favor!
The largest labour group in holland is truckdrivers. Well, in that respect Rotterdam is the most important.
Without which region would the WORLD suffer most: exactly: the Eindhoven Area. No more wafersteppers from the high tech region in Brabant means no iPads, no faster internet, no new mobile phones, no new Google TV's, no new car navigation, no new ..... (fill in the blank spot).
The only thing Rotterdam does is move boxes. Quite efficient, but the Greek are about to take over the no 1 position in Europe (thank GOD, I hate trucks on the A15), thanks to our lovely Chinese friends. Moving boxes is important, but not the thing we should be proud of in the Netherlands.

Sorry but WTF is this doing in this thread ? You sound completely arrogant towards people who are working in the transport business. My father has earned his living and raised a family earning his money in the transport business....

Oh, no he wasn't a truck driver, he was first arranging transports (f.i. moving 1200+ John Deere tractors from Germany to the Middle East) etc. When he retired he was the head of the Dutch branch of this company.

Tell me where do you get your food and cloths from without them ? I hate people who think they are better because they work in a "higher" segment/job.

FYI: Holland's biggest economy is the logistics, like it or not. And who will move your fancy wafer machines to the far-east once they're ready ? (By the way, plenty of competitors in Japan making the same machines). Yes I am damn proud of the Dutch logistics AS I am proud of companies like ASML.(The one you are talking about).

This is rather funny:
No more wafersteppers from the high tech region in Brabant means no iPads, no faster internet, no new mobile phones, no new Google TV's, no new car navigation,

All these things, although nice, are not REALLY that important in the world. They are nice, but some 20 years ago we all got along pretty well without ALL the things you mention there......now, without fresh food in your local Supermarket......that's something else....

The fact is that we all need eachother, from the guy's who are cleaning the toilets at Schiphol, to the smartest tech experts.

Arrogance for me is the ultimate sign of stupidity.

Now, back to business or start another thread about this discussion in "All the rest" please...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:10:43 AM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
i might come (need to discuss with wife :p)  and depending on my wip i can bring either power drift either outrun.
Haha, would be funny to have the Power Drift here again :) I hope you can convince her ! :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »

I'm coming! count me in!

Damn, I knew I forgot one rule: Wear cloths !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 10:07:06 AM »
ps, 99% sure i will bring my Zaccaria Crazy Kong  :spaceace:
List updated !

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 10:12:25 AM »
I'm certainly not listing the cabs I could bring in this thread...
why?
because... ahum...
because I'm really late on my roadtrip reports and I still want to surprise you guys with a nice story whenever I'll have more time in my hands to write and post it here.
(but I already sent a PM with my list to André and he can choose whichever cab he likes better).

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 10:16:29 AM »
Wow! What a cool idea!! I would love to come and could bring my Pole Position II (upright) ... if I'm allowed to come and stuff ;)

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »
I'll try to be there. Great idea though André, thanks for planning this.
Won't bring any plastic, maybe a pinball will possible. Will see if Black Knight is up for being moved again.....
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 10:27:26 AM »
Arrogance for me is the ultimate sign of stupidity.
Good I'm not arrogant. Who stated Rotterdam was the most important city? You invited for off-topic chit-chat with that arrogant statement. Now I'm just  making fun of it. BTW, Japanese wafersteppers are not needed for the cutting edge work, just for bulk-work. ASML has 70% market share, and is the only important supplier for <32nm stuff.
Back on topic: great initiative!