Author Topic: Alu sticker repro run  (Read 265147 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Alu sticker repro run
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 08:49:36 AM »
If things go well I will get this one scanned soon:

Repro as good as done, just need the "serial ABC" and then i can add the requested serial numbers..

I have added it to the first post as "No. 5 (USA Atari Alternative)"

Another Special request was the SEGA Hangon Silver Instruction sticker.
Also added to the first post under "No. 6 Sega Hangon"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:09:20 AM by Etienne »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 09:30:25 AM »

is my eyesight going crazy or is the spacing between the three text lines on the right sticker different?

anyway, i'll go over my machines soon and place my order then ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 09:40:28 AM »
Yes , it is , will correct that.

the source used is a picture, and has a little skewing, so i placed the text straight on top of it, without noticing that the original is a bit tilted because of the picture..
anyway, do you have any other adjustments / suggestions of this , of maybe a straight shot , then i can adjust the nessesary things, and we will have a better result
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:06:05 AM by Etienne »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 10:05:09 AM »
do you have any other adjustments / suggestions of this , of maybe a straight shot , then i can adjust the nessesary things

i'll TRY to get a straight macro shot today, but i can't promise anything. school's starting again tomorrow and i'm behind schedule - again :'(
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 10:07:07 AM »
that would be great, but also dont worry, it is just hobby, so other priorities first my friend  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »
Will we be able to recreate this ?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 07:21:07 PM »
O wait.... something went wrong here....:

Looks like the Irish gravitar that you posted earlier, need measurements and straight shots of that..

AFAIK CKONG's Gravitar is NOT an Irish built cab (Alpha1, can you confirm ??) but a US cab !!

In that case.....I think that sticker combo is actually from my Video Pinball !!! I have to leave for drumband exercise now, will have a look into it tomorrow.... (need to drag away lots of stuff to reach it....)

However Etienne, as you can see, they are not the same. The picture of the Asteroids serial shows an actual (spot for a) serial number. The one in my VP is actually not a real serial number sticker but more a "rating" sticker (Amps, Watt).....geez.....

HOWEVER it could of course be that a serial sticker just like that Asteroids one is also on the back of my VP. As you can see those other stickers are inside the cab.....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:24:31 PM by Level42 »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 08:05:43 PM »
hmm youre right, now i see it too  :)

well, i said it looks like, i did not say that it was it so i am still on the safe side  ;)

anyway, if there are some sort of "sources" i am able to recreate it ofcourse..

so ring all the bells everywhere and get me those scans / straight shots with measurements  8)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
Due to some developments at klov forums, i had no other choise to reduce the quality of the pics here, and added the word "sample" in them.

Sorry for that, The real ones will be super ofcourse  ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 11:05:03 PM »
Due to some developments at klov forums, i had no other choise to reduce the quality of the pics here, and added the word "sample" in them.

what happened?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?p=1553570#post1553570

I think someone took my JPG files from the site and tries to snatch the US "customers" with them.

I dont have proof that that is the case, but if thats the case, its pretty lame..

It must be one of the three answers that andre stated in his "little popquiz" over there  ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:58:03 AM by Etienne »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 08:26:29 AM »
I can hardly believe that assholes like this actually try to take away our US "Customers". Remember that we are doing this on a non-profit basis. The only reason to search for more "customers" is that we can lower the prices for everyone this way...

Most annoying is that no-one ever cared about these. There have been some available in the past from one guy (who has now left the hobby), but only US versions and I saw pics of them and to put it mildly they were only "look alikes".

Anyway, I think we still have everyone "on board" so far and the project will be done anyway.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 09:57:02 AM »
True, we don't have any attention of making profit, thats why i "quoted" the word customers.

Its just the more people join, the more persons i can divide the total amout through, so the more the better.
there are some standard fees involved (starting costs and cutting start costs)  that will be the same if i take 10 stickers of 100.
Also the material comes in a specific size which has a fixed price per sheet.

for example, if the fixed fees are 50€ , then its 5 euro per etiket, if i have the possibillity to devide 50 / 100, the fixed fees are only 50 eurocents per etiket. so imagine at 200 etikets   :wink:

the thing that bothers me is like andre describes, for the rest i dont care it, because i know that the JPG's that i posted are not as good as the vectors that i have here.

Its not that i dont want to share the vectors, because after the run they will be available through Zorgs vectorlib, as ar my other vector files.

Also i will not publish the vectors that are not "done" because i don't want to have crappy vectors made by me to be floating around.
If there are vectors out there that i made which are not "done" i will always notice that and state that they need "cleanup".

Anyway, Back to business  8)  

do you have more scans / orders in the que for me andre ?
if yes, PM please, and i will update the second "status post" of this threat :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:00:40 AM by Etienne »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 02:47:35 PM »
A special request reached me, so i made it and added it to the initial post.

#7: Zippy Race

Also i added the status of the repro files in the first post.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:52:08 PM by Etienne »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
Nice, don't forget to exchange the "8" to "B" in the Zippy Race file. ;)
Thanks my Friend. :D