Author Topic: 1983 Cockpit Star Wars ^¨^  (Read 135071 times)

Hi

• View Profile
Re: 1983 Cockpit Star Wars ^¨^
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2016, 01:02:24 PM »
Hello

this project is not over even if the link are.

Waiting for sidearts from Tod of course, the force is not (enough) strong with him, more than 4 years..

When i have time i still working on it.

The news :

I test last year the PCB on an upright SW and we have picture and the game is working.
We have a sound issue, but not a problem at the moment.

This year, I add the missing part so the cockpit is now complete, a really cockpit not a cabaret  ;D

Here is the status :

And the work for missing part.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:00:52 AM by Hi »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2016, 01:13:26 PM »
Wow, you still are around !

I still have parts from you here......and to be totally honest.....I'm not going to fix them. I have no time/drive to work on my own stuff, let alone on that of others.
I'm really sorry about that but it's better to be clear and honest about it then to keep delaying.....

I'd like to send back your parts if possible, let me know how we can work that out in PM.

Cheers, André.

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2018, 09:44:17 PM »
Hello,

Here is the news -
the bad one.

TOG alias Rich alias the ASSHOLE cancel my 6 years order in december 2017 and by the way two others, he reimburse me, a 6 month order supposed to be shipping next week of course and 4 months for the last.

if you've ever had anything to do with him you know that guy is totally unprofessional, he's lying all the time I've never seen that in my life, and how to explain it took more than 6 years for those arts every month & every years he told to us next month : shame ! shame ! shame !
cheescake, international orders like me was not fullfill 2 months after shipping for the US orders.
At this time i know only one guy in uk among 10 - 9 because as i already said he cancel my order.

The best, he try to scam me 3 month before saying he has already reimburse me, and the order was cancel be me two years before.

if you are skeptical, take a seat and read the folowing.

He sell the art on ebay, I need the art, so I asked a friend to buy one for me, shipping in USA.
Using BIN on ebay, the order was fulfill the next day !! this is the good news

So it means he have stock and the only explanation for me, he don't want to ship international order because of the free shipping he offer after 5 years waiting, and only try to save time and make the international prepaid order canceled. one word ASSHOLE !!

So seven years after find the cab i have at least the art to finish it !

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2018, 10:00:02 PM »
I did not count the time I spent working on this cab, remember a lot of water damage and wood parts missing too, I become more and more comfortable working with wood, but I think it's always too long especially at the end before painting

Finally complete after so long time...

here is the cab at the beginning of this week.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:05:37 PM by Hi »

Franzy21

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2018, 10:03:40 PM »
You sure are persevering in your projects  :lol:
Dreaming of a Namco Galaxian waiting in a barn for me... somewhere! A Nintendo Sheriff would also make me happy. And a SNK Sasuke Vs Commanders or a SEGA Samurai... Argh too many; in fact!

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2018, 10:12:49 PM »
yes no choice it deserves isn't it ?  ;D
after some work - for the future T molding, sanding, and ... sanding of course a lot of dust, cleaning the each time and several time then Primer, and finally black.
If i could have a workshop  :spaceace:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:19:13 PM by Hi »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2018, 08:41:47 AM »
I don't get it, he cancelled your order, but i see art there ???  ???

itruk

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2018, 08:52:58 AM »
I don't get it, he cancelled your order, but i see art there ???  ???

TOG sells the same cockpit art on US eBay as a buynow and ships within a few days.

So the OP got someone he knows from the US to buy it on his behalf :)

Quote from: Hi
He sell the art on ebay, I need the art, so I asked a friend to buy one for me, shipping in USA.
Using BIN on ebay, the order was fulfill the next day !! this is the good news

So it means he have stock and the only explanation for me, he don't want to ship international order because of the free shipping he offer after 5 years waiting, and only try to save time and make the international prepaid order canceled. one word ASSHOLE !!

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »
Well, I remember now - I asked him too for purchasing items and his only answer was he wont ship international.

Well, I have to admit you are following your goals. Nice restore after that long time!!
Especially that remanufactured corner looks really nice!

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2018, 05:25:32 PM »
I fix I think most of the link to have the old pictures on this tread, what an aventure !!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:40:43 PM by Hi »

Rikitiki

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »
Glad you were finally able to get the art and continue your restore.
You do leave out a few things though.
The biggest for why your order was canceled.

YES this project took longer then expected, obviously. There are too many reasons to list in just a single post.
But there is just no pleasing some.
Your order was canceled, yes. You were fully refunded. when the product was in hand and ready to ship
ALL previous cancel/refunded orders were contacted and given a coupon code to reduce the price which couldve in turn by used to cover shipping
There were about 10 or so orders that this was done for. yours included.
This was done so no one was out money while waiting for the project to finish.
This was also probably the biggest, most expensive arcade art project ever done.
which included ALL art pieces for the cockpit not just the sides.

Sorry you feel this way but again just trying to make everyone happy and if that meant refunding some them until the project was complete
and that makes me an asshole so be it.
Like I said glad to see your able to fully restore your cockpit
Look forward to seeing more of your progress and may the force be with you

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2018, 01:13:42 PM »
Totally agree with you Hi, TOG is extremely unprofessional and horrible to deal with. Seldom answers mails, promises to have the order/shipping ready all the time but doesn't follow through etc. etc.

The end result is always great, no mistake about it. But if you buy from them, you have to expect that it will take several months and that you don't get any answers when trying to contact them (and if you get answer, don't expect them to follow through). That's kinda the deal you have to make when ordering something from them, whether you're aware of it or not. Imho.

But it's great to see that you're so determined  :D This hobby is ridiculously expensive for us in Europe compared to in the states so you must be stubborn and not afraid of expenses :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 01:25:12 PM by rogerxy »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2018, 08:36:06 AM »
I think it is drastic to call someone an asshole.

I bought three time from TOG and there was never an issue. When I bought my Journey and I asked TOG if they could send the new Journey artwork to COW within the next 2 weeks so it could be shipped with the container stuff, he obviously did a good job to get the artwork printed and shipped to COW. So I have to disagree that everything TOG does is unprofessional and bad.

Things can go wrong, of course, for different reasons. I don't know the whole story but IMHO it's better when someone cancels orders and refunds the money instead of keeping it for even more time (or forever, like it happened with the Star Wars Projekt at RAM Controls).

Your order was canceled, yes. You were fully refunded. when the product was in hand and ready to ship
ALL previous cancel/refunded orders were contacted and given a coupon code to reduce the price which couldve in turn by used to cover shipping
There were about 10 or so orders that this was done for. yours included.

Did you (Hi) get such an email with a coupon code?

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2018, 08:41:08 AM »
thank you all for your message.

No not drastic and I think it is Under the reality, it is unbeliveable to act like this with a customer, it's too easy to write a message to show compassion while it is not,
And I received nothing from TOG (coupon or nothing else)

Here is the status today before applying the sideart I hope before the end of this week.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:21:32 AM by Hi »

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2018, 05:31:52 PM »
Hate, fear, ANGER they are a path to the dark side  ::) You are doing a great job and you will have a cabinet we all can only dream of. Enjoy it!