Author Topic: 1983 Cockpit Star Wars ^¨^  (Read 135082 times)

Hi

• View Profile
Re: 1983 Cockpit Star Wars ^¨^
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2012, 09:07:02 AM »
just read the whole topic again... very impressive so far!
a little long but we need to be patient with our hobby  ;)

So the first step  - out of the cellar and go through the garage.
we need to be at least two.

then exit through the ramp as cars and go (20 m) through the main door to access the stairs.

not enough space ?

The last time we had stopped there...

this time...

2nd Floor

and finally..

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:46:23 PM by Hi »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »
Tonight, I just place pre-order of my S W Cockpit Side Art Complete Set  on TOD website !!  Yes !!

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

You know......in some strange way I wished my SW had totally missing/completely damaged side art like yours, so that I wouldn't have to think twice about ordering that side art.

I think the side art on mine is still in pretty good condition, even though there are some obvious scrapes and scuffs. lets say its in a 75% condition. That, plus the color difference between the US and Irish side art makes me lean to not getting it. However, talking about the color, those preview pictures look to me like they are actually more colored like the Irish than the US. I have seen the US version cockpits a couple of times (Barcade, Luc), and IMHO the blue is deeper than that on those. But it's just a preview so you never know.

I would love to a real sample of one of the small pieces....

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »

You know......in some strange way I wished my SW had totally missing/completely damaged side art like yours, so that I wouldn't have to think twice about ordering that side art.

I think the side art on mine is still in pretty good condition, even though there are some obvious scrapes and scuffs. lets say its in a 75% condition. That, plus the color difference between the US and Irish side art makes me lean to not getting it. However, talking about the color, those preview pictures look to me like they are actually more colored like the Irish than the US. I have seen the US version cockpits a couple of times (Barcade, Luc), and IMHO the blue is deeper than that on those. But it's just a preview so you never know.

I would love to a real sample of one of the small pieces....

I have not in fact the same problem  ;D but it is clear for me that your cockpit does not require the replacement of the sides and for mine the pictures do not show the reality it is worse ! and with all rebuilt parts and the canopy perspex i have no choice  :P

another good picture after climbing the stairs a moment of game with a lot of imagination for Atarimania ...

few remaining pictures

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:55:31 PM by Hi »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »

Cool pic, Franck and Lord Vader! ;D

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »
still working when I have little time.

A lot of work remaining, more cleaning and other things

Just remember  :o

now

With the power Brick

More..
Sides are cracked in some places. Wood glue + clamp

other things to do the seat.

then a little paint soon

after a phosphoric acid bath

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:12:07 AM by Hi »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
Oh wow, you completely emerged the harness in water ? I never do this because I am afraid that water remains in/ near the pins in the connectors and start corrosion.
I always use paper towel and a spray cleaner like Glassex, spray on the towel and then go around the entire length of the wires. A lot more work but safer I think.

..or are you going to replace the pins in the connectors ?

That SW cockpit of yours has has a hard life, awesome to see it come back to glory step by step........
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:37:22 PM by Level42 »

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2012, 08:46:57 PM »
no, not replacement of connectors, but I immediately dried all harness after that .Logically no problem.

Step by step yes, I must work on the basis of the cockpit as soon as possible (rotten wood) ...

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »
Some shopping this morning..

And...

a small victory in the long road  ;D

I am looking for another marquee but now ...

Edit : More pictures.

work in progress...

Must wait for the moment it's ugly ..  :o

Indeed there is only one fan factory built into the cockpit. Make sure the airflow is UPWARD (note the markings on the fan) when you install it back, mine was upside down (not much use, drawing hot air down.....)

After installing the fan I was surprised  :o
Mine was therefore mounted upside down too ! :ghost:

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:59:04 PM by Hi »

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2012, 09:57:42 PM »
still have 2 connectors to rewire on the harness to go to the AR2 - any of you could give me the wiring please ?  

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:00:15 PM by Hi »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2012, 12:07:39 AM »
Check the manual, the wire colors will tell you..sorry don't have time to have a look right now and not tomorrow either...once you have the correct ones mark both the identical sized connectors on the harness and PCB so you can't make a mistake ever in the future....

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2012, 09:19:03 AM »
Check the manual, the wire colors will tell you..sorry don't have time to have a look right now and not tomorrow either...once you have the correct ones mark both the identical sized connectors on the harness and PCB so you can't make a mistake ever in the future....

Thanks

I had not seen on the manual ...normal in fact they are on the Schematic Package Supplement

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Atari_Kee/Star_Wars/Star_Wars_SP-225_1st_Printing.pdf

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2012, 09:08:31 AM »
Oh wow, you completely emerged the harness in water ? I never do this because I am afraid that water remains in/ near the pins in the connectors and start corrosion.
I always use paper towel and a spray cleaner like Glassex, spray on the towel and then go around the entire length of the wires. A lot more work but safer I think.

..or are you going to replace the pins in the connectors ?

That SW cockpit of yours has has a hard life, awesome to see it come back to glory step by step........

For years I' ve been using a lot of water. I use soap and decreaser to clean the harness then use a lot of really hot water to get rid of all the dirt, soap, chemicals. A bathtub with running hot water is best. Then directly after the water a submerge the whole harness in spiritus (rubbing alcohol). I use a big curverbox with a lit for that. The Spiritus absorbs the water. Just submerge it and take it out, don't leave it in. Then take it out and use a blowdryer to quickly remove the spiritus. Do the last part outside so that you don't inhale the fumes. I also use it for pcb's ...... So far I did not use it on transformers, coils and electric engines because I fear that the laquer used in isolation the windings may disolve in spiritus.... Have to test that one day.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »
Yes I meant the schematics instead of the manual. In case you still need the info or pictures I have some time this evening.

@Laszo: interesting method :)

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »
Yes I meant the schematics instead of the manual. In case you still need the info or pictures I have some time this evening.

@Laszo: interesting method :)

yes of course for the pictures at least to check that I am right.

edit this evening.
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/09/4/1519920664-dsc-0039.jpg

we must see how it goes below..

I almost expected..  worst

ouch !  :evil:

not surprised so far.

this is the best side.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:14:51 PM by Hi »

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2012, 10:20:55 PM »
why the cab was not rolling before ? ...

it was not planned but I will replace it.

I have to straighten it  ::)

Both sides

It's better now

enough for this evening ..

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:21:40 AM by Hi »