Author Topic: Repro arcade stickers  (Read 67651 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Repro arcade stickers
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2011, 12:31:56 PM »
soft bump for chris..  ;) 
would it be possible to scan / straight shot thisone chris ?
thanks !

i would need those stickers that chrischris showed us :arrow:

dimensions are as follows (the size of the two is identical):

- width: 7.45 cm
- height: 8.85 cm

unfortunately, i can't provide any better pictures, but perhaps chris could scan his ... :-*

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2011, 12:38:48 PM »
Okay, after comparing alot with Andre we came to the conclusion that the font i used on the Irish Atari sticker was too thick

now another dilemma..

I thought after creating a perfect USA one, to use that and adjust some texts,
but ofcourse a picture tells more than 1000 words, so i took the USA one, and put the pic from the Irish behind it:
(the magenta is the vector)

I would say, just change the text and make that fit the Irish text with the same font, but as you can see there are som minor differences as well on the logo.
I also noticed that they used dots instead of comma's for the patent numbers, so that i will do too ofcourse.
also the black part with the serialnumber is different and will be adjusted according to the original.

I dont want too be too Anal about it, and i dont have Atari cabs, but since i offered you guys to join in, i want to make sure that you guys are happy with the stickers that will be printed, so any input on this will be appriciated / adjusted in the file.

after that i can start positioning the etikettes on demand, and when the sheet is full enough i can take it to the printer.

Another nice thing about this is that i talked with the owner of the printshop and he offered me to be there and see the complete process in detail (something like a fieldtrip  :D)  which will be documented ofcourse and published here on DLF.

Thanks in advantage for your input guys !  :pac:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:42:28 PM by Etienne »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2011, 11:24:18 PM »
Okay, thanks for all your input  ;)

I have rebuild it with the correct font, repositioned everything, and made a test PDF wich is haning out in Level42's mailbox waiting for some serious checking.

After i get the confirmation that this is correct, ill make the adjustments, and the file is ready to place in the alurun sheet for the people that wants Irish serial plates.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2011, 07:24:26 AM »
soft bump for chris..  ;) 
would it be possible to scan / straight shot thisone chris ?
thanks !

Ooops totally missed that post, sorry guys...
I can't scan it but I can take very precise measurements tonight.
Would it help?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2011, 10:07:03 AM »
That is always good, i have already received a very straight marco shot from SuperUlly, and the creation is in progress.

if you can measure it, i can use that to double check the file i am making from Ully's pic.

Thanks Chris!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »
et voilà!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:07:42 PM by chrischris »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2011, 06:38:46 AM »
This is an example of how a "graphic rebuilder" dreams of getting measurements.

This is the way to go chris !, Thanks  :spaceace:

i have already made a rebuild of the sticker based on Ully's "Hires supermacro perfect picture" and i will compare them.

PS no offence to other guys who also deliver measurements, as long as the data is correct i am very happy with you too ofcourse  ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2011, 08:44:12 AM »
Cool!
I will also print the files you sent me this afternoon and compare it to the original sticker.
Then we're good to go!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2011, 10:58:07 AM »
Very Cool, although i have a question for the people that want the irish atari alternative sticker...

At first i send a repro that i made to ully to compare it to the original, he mentioned that it was way off..

so i asked a straight shot from him and did a rebuild on the base of his file..

now i am looking and comparing the two sources and discover this :

there is a black line on the originals, that look like they where part of a "border" and as you can see in the pic, the two sources have them on opposite sides, which gives me the feeling that they are jus not cutted precise in the past..

now what ?  i think the best option is to take the distance between the letters and the border and apply that on all the sides so it will be correct.

What do you guys think ? (before i start to adjust everything again  :twisted:)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »
i'd say this is badly cut as well - i'd leave out those black lines!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2011, 12:32:34 PM »
I say we cut them badly as well to get the real repro-feel....

....just kidding of course. I agree with Ully ! (O no, not _again_ ) ;) ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2011, 01:17:39 PM »
Okay, i will make an overlay based on the data that chris provided and put that over my repro that i have now, and see if the positioning was done correct by me  ;D

After that ill take the black lines out, and will ajust the size to the "inner part" of the border (that almost dont exist).

Is this making sence what i am saying now ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2011, 03:35:57 PM »
I agree with Ully ! (O no, not _again_ ) ;) ;)

are you feeling alright, andré, i'm a little bit scrared that you might start thinking like me. care for a gumball machine? ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2011, 10:42:44 PM »
I agree with Ully ! (O no, not _again_ ) ;) ;)

are you feeling alright, andré, i'm a little bit scrared that you might start thinking like me. care for a gumball machine? ;)
See that's how easy it is to compensate: total and complete waste of space, money, time :D
And when someone says you're still a kid because of the games, you can always defend yourself. Unless you put up gumball machines....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2011, 10:48:28 PM »
And when someone says you're still a kid because of the games, you can always defend yourself. Unless you put up gumball machines....

the thing is: i don't want and need to defend myself, because I AM still a kid inside. i hate it when people lose their childish side simply because of some stupid number which represents your age or because they think society expects them to behave in a certain way because they are old. i never will! you should see me doing crazy things in summer :P