Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
October 18, 2019, 08:25:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: French ebay and "Le Bon Coin"  (Read 38750 times)
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 09:31:36 PM »

Yeah.....there seems to be bad karma around PP cockpits....

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 09:37:36 PM »

Oh, I almost forgot: Thanks to Liquidx for posting this one, and special thanks to Atarimania who has been translating back and forth between the seller and me.  Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace for Franck !

So, if anyone that is a bit closer is willing to get this PP, it's available !!! I hope it get's rescued by someone, it looks really nice (I got 4 pics if anyone is interested).

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 10:07:48 PM »

Oh, I almost forgot: Thanks to Liquidx for posting this one, and special thanks to Atarimania who has been translating back and forth between the seller and me.  Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace for Franck !

So, if anyone that is a bit closer is willing to get this PP, it's available !!! I hope it get's rescued by someone, it looks really nice (I got 4 pics if anyone is interested).

unfortunately, it's as far out from my place as it is from yours, so too far for my blood (because i'd need a trailer or a van as well). but why not post those pictures here anyway just for archive purposes or to set a trail for someone else  Wink

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Q*ris
ArcadeLifeStyler'

CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 11:56:58 PM »

Sorry to hear that André, I know you really wanted that one  Sad
I will of course post on this forum if I hear anything regarding a PP cab close to NL (or to Germany for Ully).
gyruss
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 09:20:43 AM »

too bad but now you have space for another cabinet.
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »

so my paperpuzzle did not help you any further   Cry
Too bad Andre, but like gyruss says , space for another racer..   outrun Deluxe maybe?   Grin

Or the one from Alpha1, he has two, and only needs one he said  Roll Eyes

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 01:48:55 PM »

Yeah, thanks again for that Etienne !!!!!

Actually, the "puzzle" did help me a lot, and that was preventing a road trip of 1700km and discovering that the PP wouldn't fit in the South of France....!!! Now THAT would have hurt even more !!

About the space: well, I will need some space for the Video Pinball anyway so that's a good thing !

I have to give a lot of credits to the seller too, he was very reasonable about it (although of course also disappointed). We handled it as gentlemen and I paid his E-bay costs, which of course was the least I could do...

About Alpha1's Jap cockpits: Well, apart from probably costing (about) the same for the trip (and I think Olly may want a bit more for it then I had won the French PP for....which makes sense) I'm going to be honest here and say that I think the Namco version is not as nice looking as the Atari is. I really like the shape of the Atari much better. I also like the "cockpit" better, that is the steering wheel (even though the Jap steering wheel is more realistic, I really like the over-sized American styled Atari wheel). But the entire dashboard looks a bit.....I don't know, just not my style....

BUT I am first to admit that they are cool _because_ they are the original Namco version.

About PP: as usual, I do a lot of "homework" when I know that I am going to buy/get a new machine. (I already knew the main problems with SW before I even brought it home Smiley )

If you are a bit interested there is a load of (technical) documentation from the Irish factory right here:
http://www.alsarcade.com/Andy/arc/atari/index.html

Scroll all the way down and there are some great docs about PP there.
Interesting stuff, lot's of problems with the hardware (as we already knew).

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »

so you did actually put the paper puzzle together ?   lol

PICS OF THAT PLEASE !  Grin

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
jcp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 04:48:20 PM »

The PP cockpit is relisted in ebay.fr (120€ for the moment).
André, if you want a Wheels, I know the man for you  Grin.
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »

Yeah I can understand it's relisted..
I just hope somebody saves it !!!

Wheels ? This one: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10423

Nah...sorry...

jcp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »

Yes, that one  Space Ace.
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »

really really sad to see this go to someone else, this should have been saved by someone from "here"

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
atarimania

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2011, 01:15:59 AM »

I'm not very far but I already own one  Grin  Grin

Have You Played Atari Today ?
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »

OK here are the pics:

The machine has been in a medical center for a long time. They moved the machine and then it stopped working.That's when the seller took it home before it got trashed....
It's blowing a fuse on power-up.  (There's some hacked on diode-bridge visible on the power supply, I wouldn't be surprised if there was simply some wires shorting.....)

Replacing the plexi is easy enough, if needed I can help provide a repro.

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2011, 10:48:32 AM »

that seems to be in pretty good condition - really a shame that it is so far away and can't be transported in a normal car!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: