Author Topic: Arcade exposition in Amsterdam  (Read 29481 times)

Psykick

• View Profile
Arcade exposition in Amsterdam
« on: December 19, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »
Hi guys,

Just wanted you to show that we at "Jamma the Hutt" ( Psykick and BeatmasterP ) are proud to say that we delivered some cabs for this exposition in Amsterdam.
It will run to the end of march and it will have a more artsy approach to what the role is of gaming in society and where it came from. Pretty cool thing to do and yesterday we were running towards the deadline and finished up our cabs. Here are some pics. For those interested, you can visit http://www.mediamatic.net/page/166500 for more info.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade exposition in Amsterdam
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 07:27:18 PM »

Hey that looks exactly like my solder station   :D  Great to see you got "real" tools there  ;D

Also great to see that there are not only candies, a mrs pac and galaga and a breakout are good classics !

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 07:58:24 PM »
looks pretty nice afterall
BreakOut, Ms PacMan, Centipede. Quite nice
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 07:59:58 PM »
Nice line up Hasan, I love to see those great looking candy cabs. A real piece of Japanese Arcade History.  ;D

By the way, are all games, not only yours, on freeplay and freely playable? Are there also game consoles.

Psykick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Hi Erik, well the way to play is very cool! These guys are also pretty freekos and have built their own ID Tag protocol that they use for lots of stuff. Also for the cabs they have this communication device attached to the coin connector on JAMMA and when you put your credited "Iktag" next to it you get a credit on the game. Pretty high class shizzle ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 09:16:05 PM »
That looks like Rob's machines there. (Centipede, it's the Italian built one, Ms.Pac. Not sure if that is his Galaga repro too.

That Jet Rocket looks interesting !

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:03 AM »
nice to see some classic games out in the wild again. this is going to be interesting to find out how much they get played in comparison to those plastic boxes cabs
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »
.... those plastic boxes.....

I dont want to flame the candies, but everytime i see one i have this image in my brain  ;D

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 11:34:33 AM »
I dont want to flame the candies, but everytime i see one i have this image in my brain  ;D
;) and the rest of Etienne's link is worth the read too, making fun of ugly mamecabs is always a pleasure!

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 02:36:17 PM »
the iktag integrated to the cabs is interesting, i always wanted to do such kind of thing. How is the cab integration done (communication box, sitting next to the cab)? is it possible to get pictures of the integration on the cab , i suppose it's not destructive.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »
there goes nothing above the feeling of dropping a coin / token through the therefore mented coinslot  ;)
EDIT: (arcade technically speaking)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:59:52 PM by Etienne »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »
there goes nothing above the feeling of dropping a coin / token through the therefore mented coinslot  ;)
Well I can think of a couple of things that do go above that feeling...but you have a point.

However, there could be a lot of problems for a public place (like this) that have these kinds of machines in operation with the coin-doors still intact.

Remember that these machines are still what they were: moneymakers to the eye of the government. You will still need permits normally for them.

I know people who have exhibited their machines in other places (and countries) who got into problems, or at least very lengthy discussions with tax-people, that there was NO need to insert a coin and the machine was on free-play.
I can see why they want to do it this way.
It also adds the (always popular these times) possibility to monitor the machines for statistics.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:50:23 PM by Level42 »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »
WOW, a Sega Jet Rocket  :o :P . Working?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 08:00:59 PM »
Well I can think of a couple of things that do go above that feeling...but you have a point.

You are right LOL , i have corrected myself ...  :lol:

Psykick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
.... those plastic boxes.....

Well I don't really understand why, since the cabs that are gutted and mutilated are always the classic cabs.
That's why you guys always are hard at work restoring them  ;) :D

It will always be a matter of taste but you have got to come with facts and the fact is that the site you refer to doesn't hold one single candy cab in it if I recall correctly.
Wonderful site btw, excellent comms, you gotta love it, especially the way people molest these cabs and transform them into hideous machines  :spaceace: