Author Topic: Ram controls  (Read 11408 times)

jcp

• View Profile
Ram controls
« on: December 04, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »
Hello everybody,

I'm just reading this topic thread  :-[ : did you really have such an experience with David Adams ?
I know that Ully, for example, has preordered a few parts (Missile Command etc ...) : any feedback ?

jean-christophe.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Ram controls
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 11:32:00 PM »
dave's stuff is fabulous, but his communication / management skills aren't. when you order from him, it either arrives instantly or it takes forever - that's what you need to know before ordering!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 12:11:16 AM »
David is one of the GREATEST guys in the hobby in my book.

Without him, no matter what I would have restored on my Star Wars cockpit, it would still look like shit because of the terrible T-molding (well what was left of it).
He made the replacement. And he's the only one. With the original Atari mold.

The yoke parts are brilliant as well.

No-one else will step into these insane adventure of making this stuff because you can NEVER make a dime profit on them.

Yes David is VERY busy with other stuff quite often. I think this is a thing we have to learn with and accept. I have little problem with it because I've gotten used to it.

If we loose a guy like David from the community, we will loose a lot !

And this comes from someone who was very critical the first time I learned about RAM controls.....and even so, David was always friendly in his communications to me...

All just MHO of course....

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:22:10 AM »
If we loose a guy like David from the community, we will loose a lot !

i totally agree, dave has always been friendly and helpful to me as well. i just wanted to point out that it might take a while before you get your parts! that's it, enough said!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 03:23:11 PM »
Ok, thanks to all  ;).

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
This has escalated even more now: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=162144&page=25

I would never buy anything from Dave - he took $1400 of my money via Paypal a few years ago. I forgave him, although he still owes me a MH controller, and it was very hard to get my money back - It took 2 international calls to the USA!

But it appears he really owes people a lot of money, including selling things he doesn't have. Adding the money up it's way over $20,000 USD

I wouldn't send any money to this guy, however the decision ultimately is up to you.

Oliver

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
I saw Oliver (Paypal refound me $125 too!).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:29:03 PM by jcp »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 11:17:25 PM »
Unfortunately I'm also still waiting for a SW part which I paid for back in June. Of course there were several promises for delivery or refund and of course it never happened.

Dave may have golden hands with which he makes beautiful and unique stuff, but business wise he is very unreliable. A bit like a certain Stefan.  :-[ :'(

And he can only blame himself for the fact that people are angry with him.

Edit: I just read through the KLOV thread and it is obvious that he is far worse than Stefan. He owes some people thousands of dollars for non-existing items, which makes him a crook. It is said to see that he has become a black, black sheep in the arcade scene. What a waste.
I sure hope that he get what he deserves, and I don't understand why anyone still can talk good about him. It's surprising to read that people still thank Dave when they get there stuff months after they ordered it and after numerous PM's, e-mails etc.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:19:15 AM by ckong »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 11:51:23 PM »
... If we loose a guy like David from the community, we will loose a lot !

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. David might have made some (very) unique stuff which we will not be able to get anywhere else, but man, he is ripping off a lot of people ..... for serious cash. If you read the KLOV topic, which I'm sure that you did, you can't keep defending this guy. What he does has nothing to do with a bad business attitude, it simply is criminal. People like David make me sick and I feel that if we would 'loose' him, the community would only gain. And this will happen.

Just my two cents.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »
Wow, look at the amount of money he owns people!  :o

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 12:51:44 PM »
yeah, and the list is still far from complete!! It's a shame that this could happen.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 04:10:41 PM »
OMG!

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 10:18:47 PM »
Ok, here is the complete part of the Ram Controls topic threads : :?.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 09:23:16 PM »
The 'scam from RAM' is going into a new stage: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=176040

I wish Steph good luck, nail Dave's ash!  :D

I noticed that I hardly don't see reactions of DLF'ers here or on other forums regarding the Ram Controls scams. I wonder why and I'm curious if there are DLF'ers who are owed by Dave.