Author Topic: Commando final touch  (Read 5066 times)

arcadefever

• View Profile
    • http://www.arcadefever.net
Commando final touch
« on: January 03, 2007, 08:07:34 AM »
I just finish my final touch to my commando cab... just to refresh some memory, it was 2 years ago when i found that cab here in Miami ..it was ready to go to the junk yard  :(

so i decided to give it a try and that what was left after i thraw all the bad parts  :?  

i know....not pretty...

i found out that it was a zaxxon cabinet that was transform into a tank game...i decided to try to convert it in a commando game...

this was after 75% of the job done:

after tha i installed inside a 3in1 multi jamma with remote control...and the 3 pcb choices were:

commando
gunsmoke
gryzor "contra"

last week i decided to finish it...at first i removed the dark plexi and replace it with a clear one:

:shock:  much better, you can finally see the bezel  :wink:

than i found this on ebay a NOS commando cpo:

just one problem  :pirate:  the cpo doesnt fit the panel at all...
i am going to have to do some little collage here....

before:

and after:

:D

well i am very happy with the results... :l: , just thinking about it , the cab went a long way...from almost to the yard to an almost brand new commando with a multi kit  :mat:

more picture:

now HAPPY GAMING   8)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Commando final touch
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 07:25:56 PM »
Good Job Fred.

Commando is a great game...and GunSmoke too  :wink:  What a great combinaison of games for that cab'

But maybe you shoud use the upper part of your original overlay...

... in order to keep the exact graphics regarding the controls, but it would require to make new holes in the panel... not a easy task if it's a metal panel...

Anyway, good job my friend  :o

arcadefever

• View Profile
    • http://www.arcadefever.net
Commando final touch
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:43:57 PM »
the upper part didnt fit at all,  :(  i  spend an hour trying different sitting, that one was the best...the control panel of the cab is from a Zaxxon game...

if i use the upper part, i will have to drill new holes and some of them interfere with the old ones...i didnt wan loose the logo too...

that was the best try ...even if after that i got a major brain storm from the all thinking   :lol: