Author Topic: I need al the encouragement I can get....  (Read 53873 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: I need al the encouragement I can get....
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 06:50:43 AM »
Thanks guys !

Day one successfully completed HAHA !

Congratulations, this calls for a ... beer
Eh-hehehehe.....nope !

God the strawberry flavor shake is AWEFUL tasting this morning.....

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 08:30:01 AM »
Wish you a good luck andre.

A good way to loose weight for me was to work in my house,  So it's gud time to build a shed ;)

flip971

• View Profile
    • Retrogame
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 09:25:51 AM »
Level 42: I have the same problem: I need to lost over 100Kgs.
My dietologist, give me a plan with everithing I can eat or not.
The milkshake isn't a good way to loose weight... is the opposite way: Your organism lost wather not "fat" material
 and, when You eat normally, He re-gains all the weight You lost plus other.
The correct diet is composite from all type of food, not excluding this or that.
The weight lost in a month can vary from 1Kg to a max of 5Kg (for a correct weight lost).
For example: Breakfast: fruit smoothie: apple 150gr pear 150gr semi-skimmed milk 100gr; Lunch: fresh beans in tomato sauce: beans 240gr, tomatoes 80gr, turkey breast grilled 70gr, raw or cooked fennel at will, oil 15gr, bread 40gr, oranges 260gr; Dinner: rice in vegetable broth 30gr, parmesan5gr, poached egg n°2, green beans with olive oil 250gr,oil 10gr, bread 40gr, pears 270gr.
The dietologist say: eat at Your will lot of fruit and vegetables!

Try an let Me know ( if You need I can scan the pages that I have of My diet, but are in Italian ). ;)

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 09:30:31 AM »
Good luck!

You could try adding this simple action to the mix, nothing to lose:

http://www.economist.com/node/16881791
findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 10:00:48 AM »
@Flip: yes you are right and this is also known with the therapists, so , as I already mentioned, the shakes is only a starting point to quickly get under a certain BMI (I think it's 40, I'm at 43 now). After that (probably a couple of weeks) the program is aimed at regaining a normal eating habit. In fact preventing the yo-yo effect is the main point of the program. It's not "dieting" it's about "re-programming" yourself.

Thanks for the tips though and your support, I hope you reach your goal !!! Loosing 100 kgs...wow. My goal for the coming years is 50kg. but we set more short term and realistic goals first. The thing is that if you don't reach the goal you've set for yourself you get frustrated again and you may fall back again because of that... I would be _really_ happy if I would reach my end goal, but I know it's still years away.

Another thing they told us is that at a certain point you will actually stop loosing weight for a longer period of time (maybe even half a year). I have experienced this too and that's the dangerous period because then you think: it doesn't matter what I try, I'm not loosing any more weight so I might just as well take that snack. (and in the first time, you won't notice that snack in your weight either). But then you start to get back in the bad habbits. It's this time period that I fear the most....they explained that your body will reach a certain balance for a while. It _is_ possible however to lose weight after that period again. And then you will probably reach another "flat" period....

Anyway, I am very aware that this is a fight I will have to continue for the rest of my life. I don't have the genes that some people seem to have who can eat all they want and not gain a gram.... :-\
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:03:12 AM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 10:29:17 AM »
I don't have the genes that some people seem to have who can eat all they want and not gain a gram.... :-\

same here - and i really envy those guys!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »
Hahahaha, I guess i'm one of those  ;D

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 10:58:56 AM »
me too haha

I have an aunt who lost a lot of weight, with just walking every single day, for about one hour. She eats a lot, but that walking really helped her losing weight. Anyhow, good luck

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »
Same here, until my 30th birthday i have a weight of 68 kg, and i can eat what i want, and not a gram is added..

for the last 5 years i gained some weight, i have not changed my eating habbits, and now i am at 74 - 76 Kg's (the last time i measured..)

thats a 6 -8 KG more than i always had.
Thanks god it stays around 75 Kg's whatever i eat or drink (at least thats the case when i measured the last time, wich is actualy some time ago)

I do smoke though... maybe this is part of it too ? , and i almost dont drink alcoholical beverages (only a beer with chinese food in the summer  :lol:)

anyway , i have a friend who also was in and out of diets lost a lot of kg's and manages to stay in shape now, so its hard but possible !

Dont give up andre !, we are here with you !  ;)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:53:28 AM by Etienne [NL] »

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 12:03:14 PM »
I lost 1kg a week with the Sonja Bakker program. And the "nice" thing is, you still eat varied and tasty things, albeit small portions. But snacks are permitted between meals.
My weight stays about on target, even though i am not following the program anymore. But I still use a couple of nice salad and pasta recipes from the books. Just watch what you eat a little bit better than before. No second plates and such.. Not to much unhealthy snacks. The simple things.

My dad used a shake-diet way back at the end of the eighties. It didn't seem to help very much. And i can imagine you become a little grumpy from only getting shakes instead of meals.

Good luck!
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

polaris

• veni vidi congai
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »
Andre, good luck my friend, we are all here to support you in this. try not to be negative about yourself now, you are doing something very positive which will need lots of dedication from you. the rewards will be great to you, just think how much harder you'll be dancing in any gigs you may go to ;)
one day at a time andre, this is not a diet but a new healthier (arcade) lifestyle.
try and keep your activity up, it is easy to get lazy when you drop dramatically your calorie intake, i'm sure the diet person will have told you about this, push yourself to do an extra walk a day, you will see the benefits of your new food choices even sooner
just keeping an eye on things

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 11:58:53 PM »
Thanks for all the encouragements, and polaris, you hit the nail on the head as we say over here.... thanks ! :D

So the end of day 3. It's going very well actually.
Only this night I had some hunger and I ate 2 of those extremely light weight (just fibers, they almost float) crackers. Of course with nothing on them.
I'm actually amazing myself.
The only hard moments of the day is when I get home from work (which used to be a regular "snack" moment) and when my wife and son are having their evening meal (I guess the British call it "tea", which I still find very strange, since there's usually no tea at all....).
But I always take the 3rd shake of the day together with them so that that is my "tea"... ;D

This brand of shakes I use also has muesli and puddings. Might add those for a bit of variety (that is, instead of a shake).

To be continued !

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 10:01:36 PM »
So.....one week done (almost, I started on tuesday). Even though my parents-in-law were married 60 years this weekend and we had a dinner on saturday night and today we were out with the whole family (a bus full) with again a dinner I kept to the diet pretty well. There was a UK friend of the family over who stayed with us and we went out to eat an sunday as well. So that's three days of "eating out"....what a torture ;D

The sunday was a "Wok" restaurant though (the best around IMHO) and I LOVE the food there but I managed to instead of a shake eat just three small pieces of salmon that were done on the Tippan yaki (for our Japanese friends, I hope I spelled that correctly). The other night was not too special food so I was much less "teased"....

So, fish is not fat, and it's baked on a plate with very little fat (I think it may be olive oil ?)

Anyway, I'm down at least 5 kg's but I should weigh tomorrow morning to know exactly. I KNOW that the first week it's easy and going fast so I'm not over-exited, but it feels GOOD. It's amazing how only 5kg makes a difference.
So an encouraging prologue, now to keep it up :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:03:09 PM by Level42 »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 10:45:39 PM »
Fish is good, and light

Good that you already loose 5 KGs !

Hold on andre , you can make it !

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 07:34:35 AM »
Just for maximum support, I also started a diet yesterday, I eat only fruits and drink Puridren, which is removing the acid from your body and helps to loose weight.I lost 1 kg. yesterday, but as you said the first week is easy and going fast. ;)
Your first week well done, good luck my friend! ;D