Author Topic: Warehouse Visit(s) - anyone up for some dedicated games?  (Read 54596 times)

JiggyMF

• View Profile
Re: Warehouse Visit(s) - anyone up for some dedicated games?
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2012, 09:43:15 AM »
This never works with operators, they don't have a clue about prices (and if you don't know what something is worth, you don't sell it if someone asks you to sell it), they don't have time, and they just can't be arsed. Operators also rarely sell stuff for a steal, it's possible to get nice prices but just up to a certain extent. Condition of operator machines in general is average at best, so that's what prices should be based on, assuming everything is OK technically.

I mailed you a suggestion Ullrich.
STERN Transformers LE Autobot #43, SEGA Afterburner Climax, SEGA Daytona USA JAP Twin, 2 x SEGA Lindbergh Upright Cabinet VF5/VT3, SEGA Scud Race

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2012, 09:48:38 AM »

thx, just read it, why not post it openly here and we'll discuss it?

the thing with prices for pinballs / videogames is this: most deals are done privately between collectors and those prices are mostly ok, i'd say only a few buy stuff openly from businessman. however, what that guy does when looking for prices is enter the name of a game, companies like paul50s show up and they think: wow, those games are worth that much? in fact, they have no real idea about the value of these machines nowadays!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

JiggyMF

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »

thx, just read it, why not post it openly here and we'll discuss it?

the thing with prices for pinballs / videogames is this: most deals are done privately between collectors and those prices are mostly ok, i'd say only a few buy stuff openly from businessman. however, what that guy does when looking for prices is enter the name of a game, companies like paul50s show up and they think: wow, those games are worth that much? in fact, they have no real idea about the value of these machines nowadays!

Yeah they do that ^^ it's just showing some muscles usually to get a better offer and see how much you really want their stuff.
It's quite simply, everyone should decide what he is comfortable with paying for an unseen machine and then we make an offer with all those people for the seperate machines (but in 1 big offer). If the offer you have in mind is not accepted, then it's not interesting for you anyway.

Here is what i mailed to Ullrich:

-----
Heya Ulrich,

Just saw your post on the forums. I have done Groupbuys from operators like this before (similar situations).
There is 1 rule you should always keep in mind, operators don't want to spend time on pricing. You have to do everything for him.
I usually make a list with prices for individual machines, don't buy to many at once seeing the situation, but make it worth it for him. Offer him prices, don't ask for prices, he probably has no clue about value except some googling and looking on ebay, and if someone doesn't know values and is asked what he wants for something, he simply won't sell it.
This also means that people who were in it to get stuff just for a few bucks are likely out of luck though, it's very possible to get decent prices but it usually never is a steal with operators.

I can help you with making a pricelist if you want, no problem (based on 'average' cosmetic condition of everything, but working technically), but then you need a list of machines for people who are serious, and agree with the proposal prices, so you can immediately seriously negotiate and close a deal (and not let him have to much time to think).

Regards,

Arno
-----

So if we have a complete list of people who want to make an offer (maybe some want out, and some want in) we can go from there.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:04:09 AM by JiggyMF »
STERN Transformers LE Autobot #43, SEGA Afterburner Climax, SEGA Daytona USA JAP Twin, 2 x SEGA Lindbergh Upright Cabinet VF5/VT3, SEGA Scud Race

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »
Theres all ready a list on page 9, i think it was...

JiggyMF

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2012, 10:12:25 AM »
Theres all ready a list on page 9, i think it was...

I saw a list on page 11 (squeezed myself in, if we're making a new offer list anyway):

- superully: jukebox seeburg smc1 disco, super sprint videogame
- darth nuno: jukebox seeburg smc1 disco
- muerto: 2 x gauntlet videogame
- time pilot: adams family or indiana jones pinball
- alpha1: funhouse, pinbot, indiana jones pinballs
- bloodflowers: stargate pinball
- belike: indiana jones pinball
- ravage: indiana jones, corvette, whirlwind, funhouse (maybe x 2), white water pinballs
- ckong: high speed & funhouse, seeburg STD 160 jukebox
- level42: asteroids cocktail
- joeks: funhouse pinball
- jiggymf: batman pinball
- punkrockcaveman: cyclone, funhouse, whirlwind, star Wars, the getaway pinballs
- laschek: cyclone pinball
- purity: indiana jones pinball, tehkan world cup videogame
- chrischris: asteroids cocktail
- jpc: buck rogers, pinbot pinball
- skov: indiana jones, white water, taxi, getaway, funhouse pinballs
- elpancho: funhouse, taxi pinballs
- stefano (pinballs): taxi x 2, pinbot x 2, the machine (if diamond plate), funhouse (if diamond plate), addams family, indiana jones, white water pinballs
- stefano (videogames): tehkan world cup, super sprint, asteroids cocktail x 2, asteroids upright

Question is if everyone in that list is willing to make an offer for an unseen machine and stick with it (i can't judge)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:16:56 AM by JiggyMF »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2012, 10:17:18 AM »
@JiggyMF
Who are you?

JiggyMF

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2012, 10:23:43 AM »
@JiggyMF
Who are you?

I am, ze operator!

Mostly a reader and not a poster in here (wasn;t even registered, shame on me).
Know some people on the above list in person though, i'm just not a very active poster on most forums.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2012, 10:51:37 AM »
I have had excellent deals with an op....I think it has to do with:
a) stick to your promises. Ifyou agree to visit at a certain date and time, be there. ops often have to deal with people who dont stick to their promises
b) be realistic about prices, dont go into doing insanely low offers
c) stay nice even when you disagree about prices etc.

I think your idea of making one offer for the lot is A good idea and may lower the price for the individual cabs but the problem is there is no control if I want it or not. If the op wants 700 for the Asteroids cocktail, I"m out.
With all due respect but you may make a list of prices but who says I agree what you think (f.i.) an Asteroids Cocktail is worth ? And that of course goes for all the others as well.Maybe we should say what our max is...

It depends on condition and completeness of course.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:53:16 AM by Level42 »

JiggyMF

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »
I have had excellent deals with an op....I think it has to do with:
a) stick to your promises. Ifyou agree to visit at a certain date and time, be there. ops often have to deal with people who dont stick to their promises
b) be realistic about prices, dont go into doing insanely low offers
c) stay nice even when you disagree about prices etc.

I think your idea of making one offer for the lot is A good idea and may lower the price for the individual cabs but the problem is there is no control if I want it or not. If the op wants 700 for the Asteroids cocktail, I"m out.
With all due respect but you may make a list of prices but who says I agree what you think (f.i.) an Asteroids Cocktail is worth ? And that of course goes for all the others as well.Maybe we should say what our max is...

It depends on condition and completeness of course.

Maybe i put it wrong, or you misunderstood, I don't make any price (i'm just a participant if possible in the groupbuy for a machine), everyone makes the price/offer for the thing(s) he wants (in case people want the same object, and there is more then one available, then those offers should be the same. In case more people want an object of which just 1 is available, then i guess the highest offer is the offer that will be used). It's just that if people have no clue that we can help eachother to see what an offer could be. Might also save Ullrich alot of hastle if we do some work on the prices ourselves. Also offers should be made for an unseen object, which can be in any state (great state if you're lucky, or very bad shape if you're unlucky), that's likely just a risk people have to take.

The thing with a bulk offer also is that it just takes 2 people to make an insane offending offer and then the whole deal is off, so we all have to agree that prices are realistic seeing the situation. It's also very important that people stick with their offer and don't back out once it's made, that also can lead to the deal being cancelled.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:27:37 AM by JiggyMF »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2012, 11:33:21 AM »
Also offers should be made for an unseen object, which can be in any state (great state if you're lucky, or very bad shape if you're unlucky), that's likely just a risk people have to take.
I absolutely disagree with this, a deal is not about luck if the seller have the chance to make at least more photos about the actual item.
I'm not fancy for buying an empty pinball shell if I'm unlucky. :twisted:

JiggyMF

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2012, 11:41:54 AM »
Also offers should be made for an unseen object, which can be in any state (great state if you're lucky, or very bad shape if you're unlucky), that's likely just a risk people have to take.
I absolutely disagree with this, a deal is not about luck if the seller have the chance to make at least more photos about the actual item.
I'm not fancy for buying an empty pinball shell if I'm unlucky. :twisted:

I don't think anyone wants an empty cab or pinball :P
We can communicate we expect machines to be in fully working order and at least reasonable cosmetic condition.
It's just the exact state of the machines that will remain a question, operators simply don't look at those machines like we do. If it works it works and brings in cash, the rest they don't really care about alot. If we demand pictures of individual machines we're pretty sure the deal will not continue, people like that don't want to put in time and effort (it also works the other way around, if a machine is in top shape and proven by pictures, you will have to put a top offer).

This isn't my groupbuy by the way, i'm just making some suggestions. Heck i'm even new here as a poster, i don't have alot to say anyway ^^
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:49:37 AM by JiggyMF »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:07 AM »
one thing i forgot to mention (and i now remember because it has come up): the machines (pinballs, videogames, jukeboxes) WILL BE complete (but they might be untested), so you are definitely not buying an empty shell! he promised me that!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

JiggyMF

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »
This i think (from the above list) is the complete list of machines people are interested in. I have not looked at what actually is available, i think Ullrich knows this. Maybe we can start from here and see where we get?

2 x jukebox seeburg smc1 disco
Suggested offer:
For: Superully, Darth nuno

1 x seeburg STD 160 jukebox
Suggested offer:
For: Ckong

2 x super sprint videogame
Suggested offer:
For: Superully, Stefano

2 x gauntlet videogame
Suggested offer:
For: Muerto (2x)

2 x adams family
Suggested offer:
For: Time pilot, Stefano

7 x indiana jones pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Time Pilot, Alpha1, Belike, Ravage, Purity, Stefano, Skov

9 x funhouse pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Alpha1, Ravage (2), Ckong, Joeks, Punkrockcaveman, Skov, Elpancho, Stefano

4 x pinbot pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Alpha1, jpc, Stefano (2)

1 x stargate pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Bloodflowers

1 x corvette pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Ravage

2 x whirlwind pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Ravage, Punkrockcaveman

3 x white water pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Ravage, Skov, Stefano

1 x high speed pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Ckong

4 x asteroids cocktail
Suggested offer:
For: Level42, Chrischris, Stefano (2)

1 x batman pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Jiggymf

2 x cyclone pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Punkrockcaveman, Laschek

1 x star Wars pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Punkrockcaveman

2 x the getaway pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Punkrockcaveman, Skov

2 x tehkan world cup videogame
Suggested offer:
For: Purity, Stefano

1 x Buck Rogers
Suggested offer:
For: jpc

3 x taxi pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Elpancho, Stefano (2)

1 x the machine pinball
Suggested offer:
For: Stefano

1 x Asteroids Upright
Suggested offer:
For: Stefano
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:10:01 PM by JiggyMF »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »
Uh sorry dude but uhmmm.....you come rushing in here having about zero posts and it feels like you already want to run the show. I think it should be pretty clear that only one man is doing that and I know him for a very long time and I trust him 110%. You have never bothered posting on this forum before but now this deal comes up and you are all over the place....
I"m sure you have the best intentions but you feel like an "olifant in een porseleinwinkel".

JiggyMF

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2012, 01:39:53 PM »
Uh sorry dude but uhmmm.....you come rushing in here having about zero posts and it feels like you already want to run the show. I think it should be pretty clear that only one man is doing that and I know him for a very long time and I trust him 110%. You have never bothered posting on this forum before but now this deal comes up and you are all over the place....
I"m sure you have the best intentions but you feel like an "olifant in een porseleinwinkel".

Definately agreed, though i just made a complete list derived from the list that already existed...I'm not running anything.
As i said before:
Quote from: JiggyMF
This isn't my groupbuy by the way, i'm just making some suggestions. Heck i'm even new here as a poster, i don't have alot to say anyway ^^

and i was asked to discuss it here, i'm completely fine with not suggesting anything if that's what's wanted.

Quote from: Superully
thx, just read it, why not post it openly here and we'll discuss it
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:45:00 PM by JiggyMF »