Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
August 22, 2019, 02:33:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: GYRUSS CENTURI CAB - Scratch Built Replica -  (Read 79624 times)
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »

Video is around the corner ... see you tomorrow  Tongue

Here the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=157asm7iKxU

This project is officially over !!!

Space Ace Space Ace

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
gyruss
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2010, 07:08:38 PM »

Cool video, I love the Gyruss music, get's me really hyped!
Spyridon

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »

Wow, that turned out nice. I've never seen a Gyruss with the side art in good shape.  Of course, if you want to make it authentic, you need to carve random initials into the side art.

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2010, 09:11:52 PM »

As usual... perfect! You're the master of the scratch built replica! I'm sure this is not your last cabinet  Roll Eyes Tongue
But maybe you should take a break and enjoy your games... wait! no ! Do not play them... I don't want you improve your High scores, especially the Galaga & ...Gyruss ones... (Damn! After the planet Mars, the game is very hard & fast  Twisted)

Of course  arrow

Many thanks for sharing your awesome work with us here  Kiss Kiss Kiss

PS : Do not play Gyruss... just wait for me a little  Roll Eyes Tongue Grin
PPS : Where is the "Scratch Built Replica" cabinets group pictures by the way  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

Belike
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Budapest, Hungary

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2010, 10:01:09 PM »

Outstanding job as always, I also love the music! Grin
Congrats! Wink
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2010, 10:20:03 PM »

great vid!!!
music: Sleeper in Metropolis by Anne Clark  Wink
and
Let me go by Heaven 17
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:21:38 PM by Muerto » Logged

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2010, 01:31:57 PM »

Thanks guys !!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Thanks Bruno for the headline  Space Ace

I'm sure this is not your last cabinet  Roll Eyes Tongue

Really now I'm totally out of space ....  Embarrassed Cry Cry

But maybe you should take a break and enjoy your games... wait! no ! Do not play them... I don't want you improve your High scores, especially the Galaga & ...Gyruss ones... (Damn! After the planet Mars, the game is very hard & fast  Twisted)

lol lol lol Grin

Yep, after Mars the game is very difficult (you must see the planet earth!!!  Shocked)

PPS : Where is the "Scratch Built Replica" cabinets group pictures by the way  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I'm working on this (stay tuned  Roll Eyes) ... and maybe I'll get a small space for another cab   confused roll eyes Lips Sealed

great vid!!!
music: Sleeper in Metropolis by Anne Clark  Wink

Yes Muerto I love this song (I re-discovered it watching the movie 'The solitude of prime numbers')
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:50:18 PM by scr33n » Logged

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2010, 01:38:34 PM »

I'm working on this (stay tuned  Roll Eyes) ... and maybe I'll get a small space for another cab  confused roll eyes Lips Sealed

see!!! Wink

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Sonic 1992
ArcadeLifeStyler'

I Wanna Go Back !

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2010, 07:20:21 PM »

Awesome Work!   Cheesy
Q*ris
ArcadeLifeStyler'

CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2010, 08:13:57 AM »

This is just perfect from A to Z.... I'm really, truly, deeply, madly impressed!!!
robotype

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »

you didn't tell me about this one!!! great job!
forcefulfil

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »

Truely Truely AMAZING!!
You are a THE Master!!was a pleasure to look through yet another scratch built replica.
phil
jomm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2011, 08:40:35 AM »

A verry nice job indeed, loved reading this topic a lot, Gyruss is my all time favourite...

As usual... perfect! You're the master of the scratch built replica! I'm sure this is not your last cabinet  Roll Eyes Tongue
But maybe you should take a break and enjoy your games... wait! no ! Do not play them... I don't want you improve your High scores, especially the Galaga & ...Gyruss ones... (Damn! After the planet Mars, the game is very hard & fast  Twisted)

Talking 'bout high-scores: I've must have been 'round 17 or 18 years old, Gyruss was still a hot game in those days and I was always playing the game back then. One wednesdayafternoon I did set my personal record: after playing the same game for 3 or 4 hours I reached a high score over 8.000.000, was on stage over 300 (the game sets it back to 0 after stage 99) and I still had 11 lives left when I had to go home for dinner. After that day I didn't play the game that much anymore, but even today on my mamecab, it's normal for me to reach earth at least 2 times. But ofcourse, I'm still wondering how long I would have played the game if didn't had to go home that wednesday  Huh? ... .

God must love crazy people, he made so many of them!!
ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »

Just had to dig up this old topic, but what a great one, I didnīt read it before, but since Iīm the proud owner of an original Gyruss cab since yetserday (came with Loveīs container), I am doing some reading of Gyruss related topics.

I am not planning to do a lot of work on my Gyruss, it is in great shape. But I might replace the CPO in the future, so I am wondering how the CPO quality is from Arcadeshop? Can you tell something about it now that you have used it a few years? And is it silkscreened, or inkjet?
R64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2013, 10:36:52 AM »

Hey guys, I'm building a Gyruss from scratch. This info has been crucial so far, but there are some bits and pieces missing from the thread.
Could anyone who has one help me out with some dimensions?

Once I'm done I'd like to put the info together into some jakobud style plans.

Excited though! I only have the control panel and a handful of bits so far.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: