Author Topic: Wonder Eggs - 1992 promotional video ...feature Galaxian³  (Read 23403 times)

Geosword X

• View Profile
    • My Youtube page
Re: Wonder Eggs - 1992 promotional video ...feature Galaxian³
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 02:16:55 AM »
Very interesting! Thx for this  8)

I didn't know Google Earth gives the possibility to go back in time? Amazing!
Yes but can only go as far back as 1997 unless they happen to gather older photos in different locations.

in 2001 or so, Web page in Japan was mostly text.
in the days of analog modem (56k) , could we get a 5MB file from the server easily and quickly? ???
I guess it depends on your connection speed. I had patience with analog modem back then.

Tom#2-JP

• View Profile
    • Tom#2-JP@Twitter
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »
in 2001 or so, Web page in Japan was mostly text.
in the days of analog modem (56k) , could we get a 5MB file from the server easily and quickly? ???
I guess it depends on your connection speed. I had patience with analog modem back then.
This writing style because it was standard at the time, DarthNuno might have been a very page is hard to see?
I wanted to say that, but seemed not able to understand.

It is not a topic done in this topic, but the rebuttal briefly.
Please understand the situation at the time.
1. Time that can be connected in a flat-rate fee was limited. (11PM-8AM)
2. Since most people were using analog modems 56kbps following (graphical) heavy website has not been recommended. example:Yahoo! Japan at the time  I was took about 8 hours to download the data of one floppy disk at the time.
3. Can not be read time it takes to download though it is just a diary It is putting the cart before the horse. So writer is writing a link to a file in images and videos all the way in the link destination DarthNuno is presented.

twitter http://twitter.com/#!/tomsan223 (always using Japanese language)

Geosword X

• View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 03:42:19 AM »
I understand what you mean Tom#2-JP. I, too, had limited time to be online for free (free internet for 20 minutes).
As for images, they didn't take long to download but videos would take a hour or so.
It must be good to have internet that is faster than 56k now would you think?
Although a text dairy can send as much information to the user unlike video and images in the way we use internet today.

Tom#2-JP

• View Profile
    • Tom#2-JP@Twitter
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 05:44:14 AM »
I understand what you mean Tom#2-JP. I, too, had limited time to be online for free (free internet for 20 minutes).
As for images, they didn't take long to download but videos would take a hour or so.
It must be good to have internet that is faster than 56k now would you think?
Although a text dairy can send as much information to the user unlike video and images in the way we use internet today.

You guess what "now" you are it's selfishness, "in Japan at the time" the opinion was mainstream.
I only stated the facts.

Even if there is something opinion on this matter any more, you're not going to answer me.

あまりにもしつこいと来なくなりますぜ。(←重要)
twitter http://twitter.com/#!/tomsan223 (always using Japanese language)

Geosword X

• View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 10:56:22 PM »
You guess what "now" you are it's selfishness, "in Japan at the time" the opinion was mainstream.
I only stated the facts.
Even if there is something opinion on this matter any more, you're not going to answer me.
あまりにもしつこいと来なくなりますぜ。(←重要)

There must be a misunderstanding. I am not being selfish in any way.
I understand what you stated are facts. I am not regarding them as a opinion.

I only described the time when I had internet before it got better. I am not being selfish or offensive in any way.

Toykyle

• We saved GT-6. Now it's time to save GH-16 & GH-28
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 08:50:24 PM »
It's a shame to see it shut down along with galaxian 3. There could be a possibility for the attraction and the 6-player theatre version to come back.

Toykyle

• We saved GT-6. Now it's time to save GH-16 & GH-28
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 06:50:15 PM »
Hope in the future that namco would release the wonder eggs trilogy for ps3. Btw 3 namco spaces are still in japanese ps home. I found out on my japanese account.

Geosword X

• View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 03:19:40 PM »
It's a shame to see it shut down along with galaxian 3. There could be a possibility for the attraction and the 6-player theatre version to come back.

I still fear it may be unlikely since people are playing games in their home rather than going out to the arcades to play. I thought of releasing game on DLC can help bring it back to spotlight or to be reintroduced to a new audience.