Author Topic: It's Burger Time! ...still hungry after 28 years... :: The Restoration ::  (Read 38347 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
So uhm aren't you now feeding +7V into the board ? (2V of the original power supply + 5V of the extra one ?)
Or did you re-adjust the extra one  ?

Good to see the board is working fine !!!!!  :spaceace: :spaceace:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
So uhm aren't you now feeding +7V into the board ? (2V of the original power supply + 5V of the extra one ?)
Or did you re-adjust the extra one  ?

Nope, I now feed 5,28V on every pin supposed to have 5V  ;) I didn't have to adjust the new one   8)

PS : I'm up to buy you your BT board by the way  ;) ... just in case  ::)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
nice job, bruno! you're always great in improvising and know your way around pretty well! good luck iwth the rest of the resto ;D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Thanks  :)... This board was my worst 'fear', now the rest of the restoration should be easy.As you see on the picture, the cabinet is in good condition, no wood repair needed. But I won't scream 'victory' too fast  ::)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Let's check the T-Molding now  8)

On many Burger Time pictures I've seen, I recall an... ORANGE T-molding... but on the other way, the original arcade flyer shows... red T-molding. Well, I know the flyer isn't always the true (best example, the Galaxian flyer shows black T-molding, but most of the production cab' got a green one...). So?
I LOVE that orange color  :P ...and that orange color is so the same than the orange of the cabinet, see my cab  :arrow:

The explanation about the orange should be a matter of red... who became orange with the time (and or sun?)... but the strange thing here is : why that orange T-molding looks so perfect? I mean if the color would have to fade, why the orange color is so homogeneous all along the T-Molding?

Let's investigate further would you? ...

... well  :roll: No more investigation I would say... see this picture  :arrow:

It's red on the other side of the T-molding... problem solved! Let's order RED T-molding (even If I prefer ORANGE color that match so perfectly the overall cabinet color  :'().

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
I usually prefer a contrasting color for the T-molding so I like this :)

WunderCade

• View Profile
Maybe it's just the picture, but that t-molding looks orange on the underside to me, not red. Is it the camera flash making it look orange?

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
The T-mold on the BT on klov looks red....

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
to me the t-molding on both pics is orange!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
on 2nd view..
+1
it´s orange..

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
+10

Orange!!!

Anthony of Quarterarcade writes:

http://www.quarterarcade.com/Game.aspx/2160

I used orange T-molding and I love it  :-*

:arrow:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:35:42 AM by scr33n »
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
OK, let's remove the 'faded' bezel and access the current *non working* monitor...

Mhhhh, this is not the original BT monitor here...

...that explain while the power connector (110) has been modified to fit this one. Let's flip the next picture and see what this monitor was used for before ::)  :arrow:

:arrow: DEVIL ZONE ... and ... Mr DO!?

Anyway, I'll no longer use this one, because :

1. It is dead now!
2. It has been used for many other games, it's time is done  ::)
3. Non 'Burger Time' screen burn! (I love screen burn, but it has to be for the correct game  ;D)

Let's use a second hand TV, with my custom adapter Video BT RGB to SCART connector. For my archive, I've used this TV model  :arrow:

Well, the monitor frame inside the Burger Time is made for a 19" monitor, but the TV tube is a little bit bigger, so a little adaptation is required (I've increase the size of an hole) :arrow:

Done! Ready for a test  :P  :arrow:

A magical moment... the first play  :-* :

Great! I'm in love  :-* The only minor thing with this TV model is a slight convergence default, see  :arrow:

...but I wouldn't mention that as a default... I love when a picture is not 100% perfect, it looks more 'Arcade Realist'  ;D
PS : by the way, I'm still in love with all RGB display  :-* :-* :-*

It's time to replace the bezel with a NOS one  :)  :arrow:

Next steps :

- Capkit "Midway Medium Power Supply"
- New T-molding
- maybe replace the used CPO... even if it's damaged, I love the idea of hundred(thousand?) hands who touched this... and it's still the same  :P
- Wash the cabinet... yes... believe me or not, but I didn't clean the cabinet itself so far  :roll: :oops:  :P
- Move the cabinet into the Nuno's Lair vx
- PLay... Score... and make a nice video of course  ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
well done, bruno! you seem to make those scart-rgb-adapters look like a walk in the park. one day i'll have to ask you for more information about them ...

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Nice job Bruno  :spaceace: :spaceace:

- Move the cabinet into the Nuno's Lair vx

::) :P  ;D  :-* :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Sigh.........I am so happy that I too have a working Burger Time

PCB......  :?