Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
February 26, 2020, 04:30:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Burger Time! ...still hungry after 28 years... :: The Restoration ::  (Read 23635 times)
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 05:42:37 PM »

So uhm aren't you now feeding +7V into the board ? (2V of the original power supply + 5V of the extra one ?)
Or did you re-adjust the extra one  ?

Good to see the board is working fine !!!!!  Space Ace Space Ace

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 06:01:11 PM »

So uhm aren't you now feeding +7V into the board ? (2V of the original power supply + 5V of the extra one ?)
Or did you re-adjust the extra one  ?

Nope, I now feed 5,28V on every pin supposed to have 5V  Wink I didn't have to adjust the new one   Cool

PS : I'm up to buy you your BT board by the way  Wink ... just in case  Roll Eyes

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »

nice job, bruno! you're always great in improvising and know your way around pretty well! good luck iwth the rest of the resto Grin

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2010, 06:26:35 PM »

Thanks  Smiley... This board was my worst 'fear', now the rest of the restoration should be easy.As you see on the picture, the cabinet is in good condition, no wood repair needed. But I won't scream 'victory' too fast  Roll Eyes

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »

Let's check the T-Molding now  Cool

On many Burger Time pictures I've seen, I recall an... ORANGE T-molding... but on the other way, the original arcade flyer shows... red T-molding. Well, I know the flyer isn't always the true (best example, the Galaxian flyer shows black T-molding, but most of the production cab' got a green one...). So?
I LOVE that orange color  Tongue ...and that orange color is so the same than the orange of the cabinet, see my cab  arrow

The explanation about the orange should be a matter of red... who became orange with the time (and or sun?)... but the strange thing here is : why that orange T-molding looks so perfect? I mean if the color would have to fade, why the orange color is so homogeneous all along the T-Molding?

Let's investigate further would you? ...

... well  roll eyes No more investigation I would say... see this picture  arrow

It's red on the other side of the T-molding... problem solved! Let's order RED T-molding (even If I prefer ORANGE color that match so perfectly the overall cabinet color  Cry).

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »

I usually prefer a contrasting color for the T-molding so I like this Smiley

WunderCade

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 08:17:51 PM »

Maybe it's just the picture, but that t-molding looks orange on the underside to me, not red. Is it the camera flash making it look orange?
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »

The T-mold on the BT on klov looks red....

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »

to me the t-molding on both pics is orange!

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 10:20:55 PM »

on 2nd view..
+1
itīs orange..

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 10:32:28 AM »

+10

Orange!!!

Anthony of Quarterarcade writes:

http://www.quarterarcade.com/Game.aspx/2160

I used orange T-molding and I love it  Kiss

arrow

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:35:42 AM by scr33n » Logged

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 11:35:04 PM »

OK, let's remove the 'faded' bezel and access the current *non working* monitor...

Mhhhh, this is not the original BT monitor here...

...that explain while the power connector (110) has been modified to fit this one. Let's flip the next picture and see what this monitor was used for before Roll Eyes  arrow

arrow DEVIL ZONE ... and ... Mr DO!?

Anyway, I'll no longer use this one, because :

1. It is dead now!
2. It has been used for many other games, it's time is done  Roll Eyes
3. Non 'Burger Time' screen burn! (I love screen burn, but it has to be for the correct game  Grin)

Let's use a second hand TV, with my custom adapter Video BT RGB to SCART connector. For my archive, I've used this TV model  arrow

Well, the monitor frame inside the Burger Time is made for a 19" monitor, but the TV tube is a little bit bigger, so a little adaptation is required (I've increase the size of an hole) arrow

Done! Ready for a test  Tongue  arrow

A magical moment... the first play  Kiss :

Great! I'm in love  Kiss The only minor thing with this TV model is a slight convergence default, see  arrow

...but I wouldn't mention that as a default... I love when a picture is not 100% perfect, it looks more 'Arcade Realist'  Grin
PS : by the way, I'm still in love with all RGB display  Kiss Kiss Kiss

It's time to replace the bezel with a NOS one  Smiley  arrow

Next steps :

- Capkit "Midway Medium Power Supply"
- New T-molding
- maybe replace the used CPO... even if it's damaged, I love the idea of hundred(thousand?) hands who touched this... and it's still the same  Tongue
- Wash the cabinet... yes... believe me or not, but I didn't clean the cabinet itself so far  roll eyes oppps  Tongue
- Move the cabinet into the Nuno's Lair vx
- PLay... Score... and make a nice video of course  Wink

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 08:56:51 AM »

well done, bruno! you seem to make those scart-rgb-adapters look like a walk in the park. one day i'll have to ask you for more information about them ...

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 09:47:05 AM »

Nice job Bruno  Space Ace Space Ace

- Move the cabinet into the Nuno's Lair vx

Roll Eyes Tongue  Grin  Kiss Space Ace

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 11:39:21 AM »

Sigh.........I am so happy that I too have a working Burger Time

PCB......  confused

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: