Author Topic: The Storage™  (Read 88650 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: The Storage™
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2012, 12:58:04 PM »
You should open an arcade barn with such a collection.  :)

patrik's asking me all the time if i don't want to build my gameroom in his barn, BUT i want to be able to enter my gameroom whenever i want in whichever clothes i want and not have to drive there for a couple of minutes!

so Ully, how many cab's do you have atm, or are you afraid to talk about it? ;D ;)

why should i be afraid to talk about it? 8) i know it's crazy, i know i'm crazy, but my gigantonormous gameroom vision still stands and as long as i don't know where i'm going to end up, i will hold on to that dream. and my plan of retirement at the age of 50 still stands as well, so i definitely won't get bored then ...

as for the games, there are some conversion kits (e.g. system 1) and convertable cabs (e.g. bubble bobble, arkanoid) included in the count, but i'm coming close to 70 now :o i'm pretty sure i'll have to sell some eventually, but for now who cares? :D. by the way, you can always check my vaps account for an updated list of my games (well, almost updated)!

as long as my house doesn't end up like this i'm fine!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:05:34 PM by Superully »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »
it was located in freaking southern france, in perpignan to be more precise, almost 1200 kilometers from my place. because of that, a roadtrip was out of the question

You disappoint me on that point...  ::)  ;D

i have one coming up in spring / summer which is half that much, but totally worth the trip considering what game it is and the condition it is in ... ;D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
just got back from the freezing storage!

Did you notice the weird place for the "type plate"?
Top left corner in front of the bezel, don't forget to make a macro-shot of that :) Wonder if it says "licensed from" or anything....

bad news first: that plate is no longer there, it must have got lost on the cabinet's long journey from france via england to germany (dave had to unload it at rav's place in between), so unfortunately i'm afraid it is gone, lying alone somewhere on the road ... :'(

BUT let's have a look at the back of the cab. someone screwed a not so original rude metal bar to the top of the cabinet :arrow:

as you can see, it runs right across the license plate

i'm immediately removing it to see what lies beneath - nice! :-*

inside i discover something incredible! remember that inspection sheet and the crossed out country of destination field?

i had a closer look at that field and could make out where the game was supposed to go originally: A-L-E-M-A-N-I-A! i guess the game has finally come home - after more than 30 years!!! :) :-*

as suggested by andré, i also removed the boards for storage in some warmer climate

and here's what i had already suspected - original cinematronics boards!

but there was another surprise inside - a nice plastic bag containing some sheets of paper

let's see what we've got: first, a temporary cinematronics manual along with the schematics

up next, some information about the boards and the monitor

and finally, a complete wiring diagram for the sonic space wars version :spaceace:

as you can see, the diagram "copied itself" from being folded up inside the plastic bag through all those years, but everything is still readable!

i'm more than happy with my decision to bring the game home to germany :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
Hahahah, I was about to say that it was probably Germany !!!

So "Sonic" was Sega, now isnt that coincidence !!!!

I wonder what 's the story behind that !!! Somehow there must be a connection/inspiration....

Man all this stuff makes it even better, love all thise things like original blue print drawings  !!

Dont forget to send in that card to get the full manual ! ;););)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »
Boards look very clean by the way !!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2012, 05:44:35 PM »
I love these kind of hidden treasures, a real pleasure to look inside a cab for the first time. :D

strykr

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2012, 06:54:17 PM »
You should open an arcade barn with such a collection.  :)

patrik's asking me all the time if i don't want to build my gameroom in his barn, BUT i want to be able to enter my gameroom whenever i want in whichever clothes i want and not have to drive there for a couple of minutes!

so Ully, how many cab's do you have atm, or are you afraid to talk about it? ;D ;)

why should i be afraid to talk about it? 8) i know it's crazy, i know i'm crazy, but my gigantonormous gameroom vision still stands and as long as i don't know where i'm going to end up, i will hold on to that dream. and my plan of retirement at the age of 50 still stands as well, so i definitely won't get bored then ...

as for the games, there are some conversion kits (e.g. system 1) and convertable cabs (e.g. bubble bobble, arkanoid) included in the count, but i'm coming close to 70 now :o i'm pretty sure i'll have to sell some eventually, but for now who cares? :D. by the way, you can always check my vaps account for an updated list of my games (well, almost updated)!

as long as my house doesn't end up like this i'm fine!

70 games! epic. think you should probably sell the Galaga to me then  ;)
Its all about the scanlines.....

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »

oh, i forgot to mention that a.p.b. also came with the infamous chair

however, as you can see, it is in horrible condition, artwork totally destroyed, seating area cracked, severe damage to the wood ...

... and the whole thing is falling apart!

at least it is a base to work with, but this needs restoration from the ground up - but I'm happy that I have it, it's like having a Battlezone with the step!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »
Congrats Ully!!

That Space Wars cab is fckng awesome!!  :o

I wonder if you first run out of space or out of money  ;D ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2012, 12:31:09 PM »
I wonder if you first run out of space or out of money  ;D ;)

i'm low on both :D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

The Storage™ had become a dumping ground lately: games were just being dropped off at the front of the shed without filling up the holes in the back! so patrik and i decided to rearrange stuff to make space for new arrivals ... 8)

i'll also be selling / trading a couple of games, for example we moved the german donkey kong to the very front from where it (hopefully) will soon be picked up by its new owner :arrow:

now let's move all those other games down the aisle

a walk amidst giants!

we could have done a little better (wasted around 2 cab spaces), but with the giant harvester still in hibernation in front of the cabs there's only so much working space you have. for now, here's what The Storage™ looks like after shuffling cabinets around for 1 1/2 hours :arrow:

i can't wait for the day to come when all those games will be transported to their final destination: superully's elektro arcade  (aka superully's elektrocade)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
What a nice view! ;)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »
Sooo cool ully!!
Waiting in anticipation for the Canyon Bomber Restoration!! - or even better... sell it to me!!!!!!

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2012, 08:56:29 PM »
Crazy picture ully, it looks like an untouched US warehouse..