Author Topic: The Storage™  (Read 88985 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: The Storage™
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2012, 09:04:53 PM »
Crazy picture ully, it looks like an untouched US warehouse..

+1

...but I thought also to PICSOU! From there  :arrow:

...jump and dive like him  ;D  :arrow:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
Thats a great sight !

[Cannot resist mode on]

I never saw a Canyon bomber converted into mrs pac before...  ;D

[/Cannot resist mode off]

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2012, 03:15:44 PM »

here's an update of what's going on in The Storage™ at the moment!

first up, in an effort to thin out my collection (because i've come to realize i'll never be able to restore / display / maintain all the cabinets i have), i've sold four more games which were picked up yesterday. however, i'm not really crying about those cabinets leaving, because (a) i know they're in good hands with their new owners at for amusement only (b) they will be maintained / played there (c) their location is not too far from my place, so i can go there and play them when i have the urge to do so!

here's a couple of (uncommented) pictures of yesterday's pickup :arrow:

more importantly however are the changes which are about to happen at The Storage™ over the course of the next few days. here are some teaser photos :arrow:

watch this space ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »
Did the Night Driver go too ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2012, 03:52:17 PM »
Did the Night Driver go too ?

yepp, it did, it was the hardest one to let go, because of the way it got into my hands, because you did such a great job getting this for me and because of the rarity of the cabinet, BUT sometimes you have to make tough decisions (like you did with your hard drivin') - this definitely was one. however, i've based my decision (apart from the fact that i sold it for a good price and that it went into good hands) mostly on the criteria that i'm simply no racing game fan (therefore i also sold the PP cockpit) AND that it just isn't a game i wwould play a lot. almost identical reasoning behind video pinball (the name says it all) and breakout - i'd rather have an arkanoid.

hope you're not mad about my decision to sell it ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »
Well, you _could_ have asked if Erik or I was interested in it...which I'm not, but that doesn't matter....it's the idea that counts......
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:01:05 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2012, 06:05:47 PM »
Well, you _could_ have asked if Erik or I was interested in it...which I'm not, but that doesn't matter....it's the idea that counts......

i know that both you and erik are out of space, so i thought "why bother asking?". rest assured, if i EVER decide to sell me WoW, you're the first guy i'm going to ask - i promised you that back then!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2012, 07:11:04 PM »
Hmmm., Storage= Gameroom? :D

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »
Big fan of the Night Driver side arts here... so cool.
Now up to the next level  ;)

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »
Ully, you can use the trade section in the forum too ;).

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2012, 06:27:45 PM »
Ully, you can use the trade section in the forum too ;).

thx for allowing me access ;)

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2012, 07:32:10 PM »
I've got racing cabs : I can do it ;D !
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:22:41 PM by jcp »

atarikid

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2012, 12:52:46 PM »
So basically you are going to buy a lot of new cabs and pile them on several levels?  :wink:
That should be a funny read. :)
Coder of EasyMame
- Pinball Star Trek NG
- Mame cabinet

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2012, 08:22:57 PM »
So basically you are going to buy a lot of new cabs and pile them on several levels?  :wink:
That should be a funny read. :)

not quite, basically i'm going up one level to have them all bunched together and to make them more accessible (without having to move that stupid harvester). but the main "motivation" behind it was my friend patrik who just had his fourth child (to be more precise: his fourth daughter :D). he wants to turn one of the storage rooms into a playroom for his children, therefore he had the idea to move my games somewhere else. although this means some work, the result will be worthwhile all the efforts in the end - hopefully ... :P

anyway, when i arrived at the storage after school, the scaffolding had already been set up!

let's climb up that ladder ...

man at work!

i didn't take a lot of pictures, because my help was needed for the construction, but at the end of the first day we were about 1/3 done

for now, we're only doing half of the upstairs level, because it will be more than enough for my current "storage cab lineup", but it's good to know that we can expend whenever we feel the need to do so! by the way, the games will (probably) be lifted up with the help of a forklift truck once construction is done, later we're going to use a pulley to get the games up and down!

end of day 1

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
Very nice! I'm happy that you don't need to worry about that big harvester anymore.  :)