Author Topic: BURGERTIME BALLY/MIDWAY CAB - Scratch Built Replica  (Read 181867 times)

EvilDindon

• View Profile
Re: BURGERTIME BALLY/MIDWAY CAB - Scratch Built Replica WIP
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2010, 11:40:54 AM »
Hey screen, when you've done those cabs (and when you've found more space for your game room) :

-Moon Patrol
-Q*Bert
-Ghosts'n Goblins
-Ghouls'n Ghosts
-Kung-Fu Master
-Karate Champ
-Marble Madness
-Dig Dug
-Out Run

I'll come to your house on holidays with wife and children for one week of intense geek retro gaming.
 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

slasherman

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2010, 03:35:40 PM »
Hey screen, when you've done those cabs (and when you've found more space for your game room) :

-Marble Madness
-Out Run
yep the thing he needs now are either a trackball game or a steering wheel game (mame'ed with pole position, out run a.s.o). But let him finish of this first  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2010, 12:03:49 AM »
Looking brilliant as always, but I don't really understand that you put that scratched coin-door plate on there....

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »
Hey guys, after some testing I decided that it is not possible to paint the stencils with spray cans inside the house, the stencils are big as the risk of messing up everything, do you remember this  :arrow:

:shock: :? :ghost:

So .... i'm blocked  :-\ ... Do you have any suggestions? It's possible to make stencils with foam rollers? This is my alternative ...

I've found this link:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=125930&highlight=stencils+foam+rollers

... but there were no suggestions on how to  ???

for me stencils are a totally new thing and I wouldn't damage everything  :P

Thanks ...

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2010, 08:07:49 PM »
it could be done, only put also plastic on the floor, and create a "door"

oh, and take your shoes of before you step out of the "paintbooth"  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2010, 08:57:08 PM »
have you tested the spray cans yet? because not all of them are as bad as my blue color, some of them produce almost no overspray - it depends on the type of spray can paint you are using.

if i were you, i'd build some kind of spraying booth with foil and do the paint job inside of it - if the paint is ok, it should work fine. but if it is the same type as my blue, it will be tricky  ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

kid

• Sorry for my poor English.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2010, 10:47:28 PM »
You can use this tool

It has a really low pressure and really good precision !

( In some graffiti art shops you can also found low pressure  cans.

(sorry for my english ;) )
Sorry for my poor English...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
I'm no expert but wouldn't it be _very_ hard to get an even coat with a paint-brush like that ?
Apart from it taking probably ages to do the relative large areas...

That's the BIG problem for me too, I have no place to stencil stuff.... :(

WunderCade

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2010, 02:30:34 AM »
Do you have a hallway in your flat? If so, you can make it into a spray booth. If you decide to use foam rollers make sure you peel off the stencil BEFORE it dries all the way or else the paint will peel off with the stencil like an onion.

slasherman

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2010, 02:45:14 PM »

The only problem I see with this picture is that he has not covered the floor. Find a corner in your apartment and cover the floor and walls...

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »
The only problem I see with this picture is that he has not covered the floor. Find a corner in your apartment and cover the floor and walls...

i didn't cover the floor because the paint i used came out almost dry and it wasn't too difficult to clean up later. however, i'm still finding residues of that blue paint in room faaaaar away and on objects way out of sight, that's why i haven't had the energy to do the red  ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

slasherman

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2010, 08:04:30 PM »
i didn't cover the floor because the paint i used came out almost dry and it wasn't too difficult to clean up later. however, i'm still finding residues of that blue paint in room faaaaar away and on objects way out of sight, that's why i haven't had the energy to do the red  ;)
You also have seal of the back with plastic.  ;D the floor, the walls, the sealing and the back. Create a small room covered with plastic. And the cabinet have to stand on something that lift it up from the floor. The paint on the floor gonna be a mess. When you are finish painting for one day it is nice if the sealed of plastic room has a window (fresh air) behind one of the walls.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:17:00 PM by slasherman »

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2010, 09:29:10 AM »
Thanks guys ...  :-*

I've another problem ...  :evil:

I should use synthetic-based paints, very difficult to find in cans, what do you think about a spray painter?

http://www.valex.it/webvalex/prodotti.nsf/WebScheda/I1554561001?OpenDocument&I|001|10|10|40.0|CASA|SISTEMI%20DI%20VERNICIATURA|1554561|VERNICIATORE%20A%20BASSA%20PRESSIONE%20SUPER%20PAINTER%20BX2000|img|VERNICIATURA%20E%20PITTURA

It's ok the HVLP tenchnology?

So ....

Spray painter or foam rollers? This is the question  ??? :roll:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2010, 10:57:14 AM »
I should use synthetic-based paints, very difficult to find in cans.

why synthetic-based paints? can you find the colors you need for the spray job in "normal" paint cans or are they produced especially for you?

Spray painter or foam rollers? This is the question  ??? :roll:

hmmm, difficult choice you have to make. i haven't had the best experience with those spray painters on my Joust 2. IF i had to do it all over again (which i eventually will with another cab), i'd get a professinal system with a compressor, although i have NO IDEA which one to get. as always, the market is gigantic and you have to look thoroughly.

perhaps someone else around here is better versed in this subject.

of course you could always ask at klov, but the suggestions those guys make are american-based and you will have a hard time finding those items over here, therefore a european suggestion would be better. i'd be interested in this as well!

btw, don't rush it, scr33n. you've spent so much time (and money) into this already, don't ruin your job with a poor choice of "weapons"  ;)

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »
hmmm, difficult choice you have to make. i haven't had the best experience with those spray painters on my Joust 2.

Do you used the spray painter for the stencils on your Joust 2?

Great result IMO :arrow:

It's your spray painter HVLP? High volume low pressure?

??? ??? ??? ::)
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber