Author Topic: look what i test-played tonight ...  (Read 13031 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: look what i test-played tonight ...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 03:43:35 PM »
great looking ully!

look who's talking there from thailand ;)

btw, i DIDN'T get the cab, because for more than 500 euros it simply was too rich for my blood. who knows what's coming around the corner next where i might need the money  ;D. a couple of weeks ago i would have taken it in a heartbeat, but with all the restorations going on right now (parts coming in for championship sprint, death race and a very rare system 1 game) the budget is a little bit tight. it hurts to let it go though ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »
the rare S1 game?? Road Runner?  :wink:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »
the rare S1 game?? Road Runner?  :wink:

yeah, a complete kit (including the original atari system 1 packing box). let's hope that the hall effects joystick is working properly. oh, and by the way: to further my atari system 1 collection i also have an indiana jones kit coming in. now all i need is peter packrat and a couple of system 1 cabinets - more on the latter hopefully later  ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »
btw, i DIDN'T get the cab, because for more than 500 euros it simply was too rich for my blood. who knows what's coming around the corner next where i might need the money  ;D. a couple of weeks ago i would have taken it in a heartbeat, but with all the restorations going on right now (parts coming in for championship sprint, death race and a very rare system 1 game) the budget is a little bit tight. it hurts to let it go though ...

Regarding the cab, it's cool looking, but the game.... got it myself, and it's quite boreing....

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »
Regarding the cab, it's cool looking, but the game.... got it myself, and it's quite boreing....

I can understand that many who not played and lived Xevious in the arcade in 82 when it came out

it can seems "asectic" and extremely minimal if compared to others shooters of that time

But,

as said before Xevious reveal itself only when you play it further

it is more in the game play (and its difficulty) that makes you go crazy for it than for his graphic or music

Maybe seeing it when it came out did not had lot of difference its music (That IMHO it is really japanese: minimal and repetitive (as all jap shooters style) that hang your attention and mind to the game with its hypnotic loop - when I play, it makes feel anxious)

since the gameplay in those days was the first thing to look at

even dragon buster (who implemented for the first time the level bar exploited then on Street Fighter I & II instead of the "usual" 3 life/death) was a innovative for that time in the gameplay

Today it would make a newbie smile..

That's how story goes

Xevious anyway is a great game, and I add extremely diffucult to finish as in the Japan tradition as Sega's Zaxxon

Mav
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 04:58:55 PM by Maverick »