Author Topic: [Roadtrip] First Time on the Road in 2010 (Championship Sprint)  (Read 50232 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: [Roadtrip] First Time on the Road in 2010 (Championship Sprint)
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 08:37:43 PM »
Yep Petieken, I know. I've seen lots of people do it. I still have my reservations though. Just my personal opinion.

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 08:59:05 PM »
I admit I was hesitant the first time I put a pcb in the dishwasher. After the drying and the first test I was very happy that it still worked ;D. The pcb's look brand new when they come out :). Now after I've done all those pcb's I'm not worried about eventual damage anymore. There's of course always the first :), let's hope not ;D.

If anyone ever wants to try this, this is how I do it:

I spray some instanet (window cleaner) on the pcb before starting, that dissolves the heavy grime, crud. Then I turn on the dishwasher at 50°C. Then I stay with the dishwasher to stop it when the dry cycle starts (I've read the dry cycle is too hot sometimes for some components).

The most important thing is to make sure the pcb is bone dry before plugging it in again.
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 06:57:39 PM »

UPDATE: boards cleaned, chips re-seated!

SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010, 07:02:34 PM »
love to hear "Yeah babe !"  :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 07:02:58 PM »
I knew it ! :) Wahoooo ! Let's skip the Berzerk rebuild and any other repair work and just play this (and WOW, and Paperboy and Toobin and.......all weekend  ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, looking forward to try this ! I played this (or a _very_ similar game on my Atari ST in the 90's but nothing beats a proper steering wheel ! :)

Interesting that they put in both Pokey(s) and Yamaha sound chips....guess the POKEYs did the sound effects (explosions etc) and the Yamaha the fancy (music?) stuf...

BIG boards by the way !

Congratulations this is a REAL steal !

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »
Great! That was an easy fix ;D

I love that video:
Noisy Fan......CHECK! ;D
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2010, 07:12:08 PM »
I knew it ! :) Wahoooo ! Let's skip the Berzerk rebuild and any other repair work and just play this (and WOW, and Paperboy and Toobin and.......all weekend  ;D ;D ;D

in order to play WOW you must first fix the monitor, in order to play paperboy i must first try to piece together the 1246 parts of the steering assembly, in order to play toobin we simply have to hit the start buttons  ;)

Seriously, looking forward to try this ! I played this (or a _very_ similar game on my Atari ST in the 90's but nothing beats a proper steering wheel ! :)

in order to play championship sprint, we have to get it up into my apartment first. are you up for it :shock:? the control panel is BEAT and BENT, the left wheel is hard to turn (right one is ok though) and the wheels itself are DIRTY. the entire cp unit will have to be replaced, but i'm already working on that!  ;)

Congratulations this is a REAL steal !

20 euros for a working championship sprint - not too bad  8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Bods

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 11:53:23 AM »
Wow I can't believe the prices you got that and paperboy for, excellent matey ;D

I found the posts whilst looking for info on google as i've been working on both of mine last week

Champ sprint now nearly complete and working, just got some multi coloured text on odd screens but otherwise perfect and waiting for spare wheel to turn up

Paperboy has vert sync fault on monitor, controller needs looking at but board all working now :)

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2010, 09:36:54 PM »
Which monitor your machine is equipped with? I hope you are more lucky than me (mine is a "never-had-spare parts" Zenith WG  :'()

it's a med-res monitor, but i don't know the exact details, because i've only got one key for the machine - but there are three locks. unfortunately, thos one key only opens the coin box door, not the door to the coin mechs and even worse not the back door. i have no idea what's inside that cabinet, but i expect a lot of dirt because the whole machine is damn dirty.

does anyone have a piece of advice on how to get those tubular locks open properly?

Someone showed me this a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLLRb-Jfrd8

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2010, 10:48:16 PM »
lock has already been drilled open!