Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
March 29, 2017, 10:57:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: :: UK Road Trip #14 :: BURGERTIME ...it's time!!!  (Read 17779 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:11:01 PM »

Friday, the 28th of August 2009. Tomorrow will be a very special day... I'll do a new road trip for a very special game.

Ok, let's check my camera, I would like to prepare some pre-road trip pictures with my latest t-shirt   Roll Eyes Tongue

...but ... what happens with my camera  Shocked Huh?  arrow

Jesus! My beloved CANON IXUS v3  shock the one I'm using since maybe 8 years for everything (road trip, restoration, holidays, ...EVERYTHING!)

is ... dead???  Shocked Cry

Arghh! It's now too late for buying a new one  Evil Impossible to do a road trip without taking any picture! And especially for this one! ...OK... I'll have to use my mobile phone, a Siemens sgh-f480 that includes a 5M pixels camera. It's better than nothing  Undecided

Saturday, the 29th of August 2009.... This is it! The D day  Tongue

Very early in the morning... a last check before departure : Dr Pepper? Check! Namco music CD? Check! Pac Man hooded pullover? Check! Food? .... Food? ... no food? OK we will have to buy something for the breakfast on the road!

For my road trip stats'  arrow

Once more... we're going to U.K. ...for the fourteenth time!  Cool  Tongue  arrow

6:09AM ... Ignition!  Cool

After approx. one hour of driving, first stop for buying our breakfast... in this AC Restaurant  arrow

Usual stuff  Cheesy  arrow

...approx two hours later... arriving at the French border...

Since my first UK road trip... now, for this UK #14... I can tell you I know perfectly the road  Grin Cool ...

Do not be afraid regarding the channel tunnel ... just pick up your date via the website, select an hour, pay with your credit card, and try to be here on time. Don't worry, if you're here (at Calais) too early... or too late, you can use an other shuttle... without paying extra if you are less than two hours before or after the hour you got during your reservation. From my experience on this, I NEVER have to pay an extra... and sometime I was very l8te regarding my reservation time  Wink

Here, we put the credit card I've used for the reservation...Greetings Professor Falken, Shall We Play a Game?  Grin  arrow

OK... entering le Shuttle... we are in France...

Less than one hour later... exiting le Shuttle... we are in UK ... The road of the 'Lords'  Cool Wink M20 !!  Kiss  arrow

My navigation car system says : "One hour to go before your final destination". Usually, we eat AFTER picking the game, but this time... let's eat BEFORE...  Tongue ... Hey ... This is a road trip about an hamburgers isn't it?  Roll Eyes Tongue So this is THE road trip for such pictures  arrow

Darth Nunette : "Burger King? Not again?"

...but ... but ... This is THE Burger road trip! Come on  Wink Roll Eyes Tongue  arrow

How to resist to Burger King Roll Eyes ARGHHHH  Grin  arrow

This is ... a tasty Burger!  Kiss  arrow

Listen Nunette... Since 1954...

Yes? ... and? ...what are you looking???  

Ghost  Grin

Mhhh.... ok, let's go back to the story  Wink

Driving in UK is still a little bit dangerous... keeping the left... something it can be frightening  roll eyes

For some reasons... I'm now thinking about the game SPEEDWAY...

... and I don't know why Roll Eyes Tongue  arrow

Grin
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 11:41:15 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 11:22:40 PM »

...and... here we are... here's the pride... I was waiting for this moment a long time... she is there  Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

I cannot believe it... Rav is finally ok to sell me this beautiful cabinet : BURGERTIME  Kiss  arrow

As you can see, the cabinet is in very nice shape  Kiss  arrow

We talk about the arcade scene... the difficulty to maintain these games alive... and many others things... I played some games too  Tongue ....but ... I'm a little bit sad for Rav' ... I know how he likes its games, such this BT, but now he's moving on something else...

Ok, let's load Mr Pepper :

Maximum protection of course  Smiley

Deal is done... Thanks again for selling this cabinet to me, Rav'  Kiss ... you know I'll take care of it  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Ok, it's time to go back to home...

Hey? WHat's this ... definitively not a DeLorean... but maybe a real time machine?  Roll Eyes  arrow

I'm very exited... I'm bringing back a BurgerTime  Kiss ...but I still have to be careful ... Ok Nunette... Keep left... no problem  Grin

Each time I'm in UK... I try to bring back some local drinks & foods  Grin arrow

Still in UK... but not for long... here's the last exit...

Ops... we've missed the shuttle. So we have to wait maybe 25 minutes... So we have some time to watch around... hey! rabbits here Grin  arrow

...Pepper has been 'Dr Peppered' by Darth Nuno  Grin  arrow

Ok, le Shuttle is ready... let's go in...

During the 'under channel' travel : I'm sleeping ... close to my ...  Roll Eyes Tongue Kiss  Grin Grin Grin  arrow

Ghost Ghost Ghost  Grin Grin Grin

Arriving in France...

...and later... in few meters... a new BurgerTime cabinet will enter in Belgium  Tongue  Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace  arrow

During this road trip, a very special moment... see the counter ... what'll happen??? Back to zero  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ?

No!  Grin It's a modern car  Grin Grin Grin arrow

22:35 ... arriving at home ... safe ... and happy  Kiss  arrow

Trip : Belgium > France > UK > France > Belgium
Total length : 16h26min - 1167 km on the road, 100km under water (Eurotunnel)

I'm too tired to unload the cab... I'll do it tomorrow  Cool

ZZZZzzzz....Zzzzzz..zzzzZZZzz  Smiley

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 11:25:02 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 07:03:51 AM »

thanx for another documented roadtrip, BURGERTIME ! , thats a realy nice classic !

take care of your new babe bruno!  congratiolations

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »

WOOOOOOOOWWWWW, BT BT BT !!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

One day I will own one too.

That and Q*bert are my grails now.

Does it work ?

Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:27:07 AM »

Congratulations! that is a thing of beauty!  Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 09:29:59 AM »

Very nice Bruno, burgertime is a real time classic, and the cab is gorgeous. Yours looks still very nice, congratulations.  Space Ace  Space Ace
Ronald Reagan
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 02:14:49 PM »

awesome cabinet and you make nice stories of your roadtrip. Really nice to see, this roadtrip story is one of my favourites.

some weeks ago I played BurgerTime while eating a cheeseburger haha. Only got to level 3 Smiley

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 02:36:55 PM »

wonderful job on that roadtrip report, bruno! and of course a huge CONGRATS for that burgertime game. the cabinet is one of the most beautiful arcade cabinets out there and it's nice to see a wish list completed. once again: congratulations! hope the game is working and you have fun playing it.

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
petieken

Belgium

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »

Congrats & nice roadtrip report! And very nice cab of course Wink

I like the banner you made with the real burger. Cheesy Very appropriate.

Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 10:17:41 PM »

Great Bruno!!!!

Nice roadtrip as always and fantastic Burgertime cab  Kiss Kiss

Ok .... Bruno .... prepared to measure it for my next replica ... just kidding  Grin, it's not easy to find parts for this cab, unfortunately  Undecided Embarrassed

Space Ace

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
logan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 10:29:14 PM »

nice roadtrip, great cab. Thx for sharing!  Cheesy
polaris

veni vidi congai

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 10:49:18 PM »

i see you slipped under the radar again my friend Wink
lovely cab and so appropriate a theme for you.
i think now that v3 of nunos lair must be big enough to include a burger king kiosk, the only one in belgium Cheesy

Space Ace

just keeping an eye on things
baritonomarchetto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 12:11:13 PM »

Incredible roadtrip: more than 1000 Km!!

"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

Golden Axe Myth RELEASED!
Ghost Soldier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 09:50:59 PM »

Congrats on another great roadtrip, and that gal in BK has nothing on Darth Nunette.
EvilDindon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 12:19:27 PM »

I love Burger Time.

Nice catch !

PS : There's a pac-man cab on sale near Evreux (France) 200 . Quite good shape.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: