Author Topic: Importing cabs from the USA  (Read 29490 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Importing cabs from the USA
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2009, 12:00:39 AM »
i would be up for BURGERTIME and MILLIPEDE. if the price is right i might be interested in even more, but those two would be perfect! and of course MOON PATROL (if i don't get it from the person who promised it to me ;))
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

5o0mileS

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2009, 12:36:26 AM »
punch-out and burgertime  :P :-*

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2009, 06:16:19 AM »
I simply almost copy/pasted superullys text:

i would be up for Donkey Kong, R-Type and Play Choice 10. if the price is right i might be interested in even more, but those two would be perfect!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2009, 07:18:58 AM »
No Lunar Lander ?

The other games I would consider getting rid another cab for are:

Burger Time
Q*bert

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2009, 08:26:48 AM »

you are very lucky to live in the netherlands my friend, you can't do such a thing in italy. this is the land of chaos.

robotype,

i agree with you

but i can say for my container experince in the last 6 years that:

Italy is for sure quite problematic for taxes (but if you pay is all OK)

but othe other side the custom relelase almost everything

(not as the north europe:Germany, France, etc.) where the customs are very strict on imports: certification ISO , bills of etc)

I know that because for example many china or old ages toys like mazinga has been block in all europe (but not in Italy!)

Every country has its upside down

Mav

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2009, 08:31:47 AM »
No Lunar Lander ?

The other games I would consider getting rid another cab for are:

Burger Time
Q*bert

One consideration that may be useful for all of you guys

Ebay.com you can find lot of cabs with different prices and different conditions

Quite for sure you'll find the cab you want right there

would not be better that the single person bid(for example: level 42, buy and pay for his game (es: q bert with paypal) and then

only then the person who organize the shipping, provide just the container

Isn't it better and simpler?

just my simple idea

Hope this helps

Mav

Is would even better for ckong who would not have the responsability to guarantee teh functionality and conditions of the single games

1 person:

choose 1 item,

bid on 1 item,

pay 1 item,

deliver 1 item to the container US port through NAVL

and wait for the item chosed and paid :)

Simple, no?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:39:21 AM by Maverick »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2009, 10:56:28 AM »
Hi Mav,

At first I thought that is indeed simple. But after a second thought that could turn out quite expensive and complex. first of all it is a bit expensive because the cabs will have double transport charges, first the national transport costs from the seller to the container location, and then the international container shipping costs. Plus not all sellers will be prepaired to pack and ship the cab ( I see a lot of E-bay cabs which are only pick-up). And there is a greater risk on transport damage (twice loading and unloading, twice transport, insufficient packing). A final disadvantage of this method is that a lot of people are dependent from each other. If one or a few people hesitate or have some problem with there cab in the US, it will effect the situation of all people. And 30+ people would have to make payment arrangements and shipping arrangements.

This would only be very simple and cost efficient if all cabs are bought from a centralized location. However, thanks for your input, you brought me on an idea which I will investigate further.

Edit: Oh, and paperwork for customs, both sides, would be much more complicated as there are more owners for the container content, the risk of differences in taric classification because of differences in supplied information by sellers, etc.

And organizing the insurance would also be more difficult because again there are multiple owners of the conatiner content.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 11:23:02 AM by ckong »

robotype

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 02:52:48 PM »
for example many china or old ages toys like mazinga has been block in all europe (but not in Italy!)

are you talking about soul of chogokin and similar? in italy too it happened they sent them back to china often because they lack of CE mark and certifications, it happens also with original nintendo soft for wii and maybe other games.

btw my container arrived in genova a few days ago but to have it transported here in milano and clear customs etc seems to be very complicate. also, the computer selects the containers for customs inspections and this would add time and costs. hope is not my case.

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2009, 03:31:08 PM »
About Arkanoid : you can find a nice Romstar dedicated cab ?
If you can have one, I'm ok for sure  :spaceace: (no more, two is the limit for me!).

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2009, 03:45:13 PM »
Hi Mav,

not all sellers will be prepaired to pack and ship the cab ( I see a lot of E-bay cabs which are only pick-up)

Hi chong,

they don't need or have to

NAVL will care in a very professional way for the crating, pick and shipping of the game to the US navy port

So no problem at all for my friends

I used to collect in this way and more happy because I know what I'm buying

I buy what I see

and especially what i want at how I want

Edit: Oh, and paperwork for customs, both sides, would be much more complicated as there are more owners for the container content, the risk of differences in taric classification because of differences in supplied information by sellers, etc.

It wouldn't  becuase they will be imported by just 1 person not many

And organizing the insurance would also be more difficult because again there are multiple owners of the conatiner content.

No you just need to send the proofs of payment not other

Customs look for money, so send the real value with paypal payments and everything will work smoothly:)

Proceed in this way,

It is better

Collectors prefer to choose paying something more instead of having the game a little bit cheaper but with some imperfection

Mav

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2009, 03:50:39 PM »

are you talking about soul of chogokin and similar? in italy too it happened they sent them back to china often because they lack of CE mark and certifications, it happens also with original nintendo soft for wii and maybe other games.

Sure, in these cases we are talking about not authorized imports,

So No certification= No import

No authorization= NO import

There can be also a law suit for illegal import due to violation of copyright and trade (even if original items because you exported an item for an another country)

Japanese companies like nintendo are extremely firm on this matter

btw my container arrived in genova a few days ago but to have it transported here in milano and clear customs etc seems to be very complicate. also, the computer selects the containers for customs inspections and this would add time and costs. hope is not my case.

that's because - in my 6 years import experience - probably you don't have a good shipper

About inspection is a duty, custom officers must follow the procedure as you have to either

Hope this helps

Mav
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 03:52:30 PM by Maverick »

skov

• View Profile
    • vudu.dk
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »
As Muerto and Superully (almost) earlier said:

I would be in for Track & Field and Donkey Kong, maybe more depending on price  :)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2009, 12:17:51 PM »
Well, I think my 'must have' list is complete  :P ...no wait... I'm still looking for a PONG!  ::) :P

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2009, 12:37:16 PM »
Do you want a Pong, or would a Ric-o-chet be OK too ?

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=12706

I love the weird set-up with the pinball legs, and the total thing is so ugly that it become beautiful again :)
And it's SOOOOO 70's.....

Oh and it's 4 player !

There's one for sale in your country. And it's supposed to be working. Did we power it up when we were at the warehouse last time guys ? I don't remember !
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:49:01 PM by Level42 »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2009, 06:27:37 PM »
There's one for sale in your country. And it's supposed to be working. Did we power it up when we were at the warehouse last time guys ? I don't remember !

Yes we did, the seller (very nice man btw) said it was working, so when he wasen´t looking we powered it on.... nothing happend..... for like 10 sec......... and then...... still nothing..... but... weeeeh! - picture!!!!! and the game seemed to be working.
couldent get it started cuz we needed a coin to put credit on it....

and to anwser your question short:
It Worked!