Author Topic: Laser Bridge - Status -  (Read 37770 times)

xadhoom

• View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« on: June 07, 2006, 07:18:05 PM »
The Laser Bridge idea was born one day using the dlterm written by Robert DiNapoli, we have modified it to use a pioneer laserdisc player instead of a sony.
So from this test we outline the technical features that we need to project an hardware interface that will do the same job but better :-)
So getting in the deep we study out the pioneer LDV1000 protocol and hardware till the born of the first prototype.
Now the LaserBridge is living !!!!! We are doing test mainly on Super Don Quixote and here's the result:

As you can see we have the command from the SDQ board translated into serial command for pioneer !!!

The next step will be a support for the ATARI Pcb and DVD players like the pioneer DVD-V7400 http://www.cds.com/DVD/dvd7400.htm .

xadhoom

• View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:57:46 PM »
Hi Boys !
We are running out some more news and technicals articles, if you are interested !!! So let us know if our working is good for you.

For now the news are that we are working on Pioneer player ( 4400 and 4300, but of course all the pioneer series will be compatible ) for the LaserBridge support.
We are now going to digitalize from "friends" some of the best titles you know. In the short we'll get a particular DVD version of DL ( the best quality we can get from some Digital Tapes or NOS disc ) , so as soon as we get one of the DVD player 7400 we'll be ready for testing all.

The other news is that will be possible to get the LaserBridge to work with Original PCBs but also to have a self-working version.

What do I mean ? I mean that we are going to realize a firmware version capable to get the whole control of the game so you can put this card in your jamma cab, add a player, the disc, and composite to rgb board and play DL only using this pieces.

LaserBridge Team

Anonymous

Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 05:22:59 PM »
Quote from: "xadhoom"

The other news is that will be possible to get the LaserBridge to work with Original PCBs but also to have a self-working version.

WOOOWW... It's a dream come true  :shock:  If I understand well, it will allows to play the game without the original euro and cinematronics DL or SA pcb ?

Hail to the LaserBridge Team  :D

xadhoom

• View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:06:38 PM »
Hi guest, just log in to check who you are !!

Little news for you all. We have some disc to test, in the next we have Interstellar and on the end of  september we would have a LaserBridge working with DL and SA cinematronics, so you can use the pioneer with rs232 control instead of  ldv1000.

Let us know your interest with a signature down this post.

We would like also to discuss with you all on the on working projects.

Xadhoom
LaserBridge Team

xadhoom

• View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 07:47:01 AM »
Breaking news !!!
Just this night we have added the second serial port to the laserbridge.
Now we translate the commands received from Atari/Sidam pcb into the right commnads to use a pioneer ;-)

LaserBridge Team

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »
FANTASTIC !!!!  :o  :o  :o

Thanks to all the laserbridge team for all the efforts you're putting in that project :o

I can't wait to see it work  :o

Keep the good work  8)

xadhoom

• View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 07:56:13 PM »
I'll send all my work to be tested to Sig. IGOR Von LaserGame ;-) on his cabs in september.
Maybe on the 18th of this month I'll get a DL Sidam in my "lair", so stay tuned ;-), pictures of the whole ( laserbridge test and kits ) are on your way.

We need some effort to the project, if someone ahs the list of  moves, frames of the DL, it would be really appreciate.
I'll need them to get the laserbrige working in STAND ALONE mode to play DL ( I mean to play dl using just LD player, a DL disc and the laserbridge ).
Maybe I can get the info we need from the Software corner version maybe not.

Xad

xadhoom

• View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 03:12:11 PM »
Little bad news ...........
No way to get my first DL sidam, so the project now is going to be tested on DL2.
I mean that now the Laserbridge will brings command from dl2 pcb ( usually connected to sony players ) and translate the command to be used with a pioneer.
In the specific I'll use the the dl2 pcb ( used a pc version ) connected to laserbridge and laserbridge second serial port connected to pioneer ldv4400 and tested also on pionner 2300 ( ntsc/pal).
Next weeks we'll have the project working on dl2/sa91, so wait some pictures.

For the test on sidam I've to wait for the cab............

Xad

xadhoom

• View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 11:43:29 PM »
DL2 port for laserbridge is running !!!
Tonight i'm playing dl2 on pioneer 2300 ntsc/pal.
As soon as possible I'll make some pictures.

Now I'll do some test to increase the performance, but is a REAL TRANSLATION from sony command to pioneer, an it's working great !!!

So get the summary of the projetc:

- Laserbridge is doing sony to pioneer conversion ( I use it to play DL2 on pioneer laserdisc player );

- Laserbridge has 2 rs232 fully working, this means also that we have TTL serial port on it to use with SIDAM/ATARI pcb; ( conversion of the philips command into pioneer in on working );

- Laserbridge is interfacing with game like SDQ, this means conversion of the ldv1000 command into pioneer ones ( on working status );

- Laserbridge StandAlone to play DL without any program pcb ( just studing the project ).

Have fun
 :shock: Xad

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 11:38:39 PM »
Quote from: "xadhoom"
DL2 port for laserbridge is running !!!

FANTASTIC NEW !!!!

A new interface is born !!! Can't wait to see it run with my own eyes  :o  :o  :o  :o

PLease keep your good work  :o  :o  :o

Igorstellar

• View Profile
    • http://www.italian-laser-games.it
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 01:57:51 PM »
ok    
GREAT !!!!
today I have sent you the answers of the tests done with the sony (with the comanado 67)  
and  ... I  fix my Sony 1450 ....  :D  :D
now  it works very well !!!!   :D  
I very  happy
:)
 :D

xadhoom

• View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 09:56:32 AM »
Hi, boys !!! I'm still alive !!
I'm sorry but due to some BIG PROBLEM in my family I can't going on with the projects......
As soon as I get back in the right way I'll go on with the project.

Thanks to all
Xad

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 04:58:40 PM »
Hi Xad,

Happy to hear some news from, as always.

I hope everything will be fine for you. Feel free to contact me for anything.

See you soon.

Bruno

xadhoom

• View Profile
Re: Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »
Hi rookies !!! Hi DL fans !!
I'm back !!! he he he
Without problems and with good news :-)
Me and igor are running out our mods.
As soon as possible we publish some news on DL SIDAM, Laserbridge project and restoration.
Keep tuned.

For the italian people we'll met at pinball fruntz with igor, italiandoh and others.

Xadhoom

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Re: Laser Bridge - Status -
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 09:04:25 PM »
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Welcome back friends  :)

Very happy to hear news like that, thanks  :) Can't wait to see what's news from your side... Arggg... LaserBridge update, DL Sidam  :-* :-* :-* All of that sounds so great  :)

Ok, we stay tuned  ;) :P

ps : Have a lot of fun at the pinball fruntz.. and don't forget to get some pictures  ;) 8)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:08:59 AM by DarthNuno »