Author Topic: Hello to Bruno and All ( need DL help with Monitor replacement )  (Read 4350 times)

Giddygoon

• View Profile
Hello to Bruno and All ( need DL help with Monitor replacement )
« on: September 22, 2009, 12:39:42 AM »
Hi Bruno and All

it's been a while since I have posted on here! Well I moved from London to the midlands with all my machines... Things are place now and I have a nice large clean garage for all my machines.. I have got some new ones too. Just thought I up date you all!!

I just recently got my Dragons lair II machine running Daphne emu connected via arcadevga card and it looks amazing...... Let say that again Amazing!!!

So, that's got me to think about my Atari Dragons Lair cab which is also running Daphne. Many years ago the original monitor died, so I decided to replace the monitor with a TV running via S-video connection to a PC running Daphne. Years later it's still working and looks good but I do have use the TVs remote control to switch to S-video mode...);

so, now that I have been so impressed by arcadevga I now want to find a 19" arcade monitor and get that TV out of there!!!

Question is should I find the original monitor or use any 19" or 20" arcade monitor, will it work from the original psu in the cab. What was the model of the monitor in the Atari version ( I can't remember???)

or can anybody surgest a better more reliable 19" or 20"

if anybody can help!

I'll post some pics of the cabs being moved from London and of the new machines

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Hello to Bruno and All ( need DL help with Monitor replacement )
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 08:42:31 AM »
Why not simply use that same TV and switch to SCART instead of S-VHS. No more need to use the remote control and exactly the same quality picture as any arcade monitor....