Author Topic: Dirk & Daphne alive... at Otakon 2004  (Read 18098 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Dirk & Daphne alive... at Otakon 2004
« on: April 30, 2006, 10:22:28 AM »
A new couple of Dragon's Lair fans (tm) :mrgreen: ... at the OTAKON CosPlay convention in 2004 :

This last picture is my favorite one  :o  The Dirk's face expression is... PERFECT  :lol:

Thanks to Sam for the explanation for the word. 'COSPLAY'  :wink:  :)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »
... found new pictures  :lol:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:37:49 PM »
I'VE FOUND HER !!!

After a lot of google research, I finally found THE GIRL behind  this DAPHNE cosplay  :P  

So, I contact her and invite her to read this topic... and see the pictures  :idea:  8)

As a Dragon's Fans (and Daphne :roll:  :wink: ) , I cannot resist to ask her few questions  :roll:  she kindly accepts to talk about Cosplay, Daphne...and Dragon's Lair  :o

HERE'S THE EXCLUSIVE  KITTY INTERVIEW :

DLFANS : Hi Kitty, can you introduce yourself please ?

KITTY : My name is Christina, though most call me Kitty, I'm a 22 year old geek and very happy to be one

DLFANS : Most of your costume are in the video game univers... Do you play games ?

KITTY : Yes I play a lot of video games. I've been a gamer since I was about 5 years old and have kept up with the hobby. I play on all platforms and play all different genres. FPS, action, platformers, RPG, strategy,fighting, all in all I am pretty well rounded.

DLFANS : Did you try to play the game "Dragon's Lair" by the way ?

KITTY : I certainly have played Dragon's Lair, I use to cheer my dad on when I was too little to play it on my own, and would curse often when I did get to play it later on. I enjoyed the second one better because of the diverse locations, but I love them both. Oh and Space Ace as well.

DLFANS : On the pictures, your are with Dirk... Who had the idea to choose Dragon's Lair theme for a cosplay convention ? You or your friend ?

KITTY : he Dirk in the pictures is my friend Joe and it was a long standing dream of his to do a Dirk costume. At first I refused to be Daphne, I didn't feel prancing around Baltimore in a body suit was something i wanted to do, but after a few "modesty" alterations to her outfit I volunteered. So it was his idea and I jumped hesitantly on board.

DLFANS : Did you use the Princess Daphne costume only one time at that 2004  convention ?

KITTY : Daphne has only appeared at that one convention so far. I haven't really had a chance to wear it again, and I wouldn't want to wear it without a Dirk.

DLFANS : Did you build yourself your costumes ? Is it expensive ?

KITTY : The Daphne costume was very easy to make, the body suit was bought for a pretty decent price, the shoes were cheap, the most expensive thing I had to buy was the wig. The cape was asically a fabric poncho and the crown was painted craft foam. Dirk made his costume, I'm not sure how much it cost him or the process in which it was made but I do know it was easy.

DLFANS : What was the response of peoples at the convention, regarding the Dragon's Lair theme ?

KITTY : Dirk and I expected no one to recognize us (Otakon is an Anime convention after all), but to our surprise we were a hit! People went nuts when they saw us. People would say something like "Wow! Dragon's Lair! I loved that game! Can I take your picture?" There was even one person who confessed that he had become poor pumping quarters into Dragon's Lair at the arcade. :D So we had an excellent reception and it was great to find some DL fans.

DLFANS : Any chance to see you in Princess Daphne costume again ? What are your other project to come ?

KITTY : I might wear the costume again, I'd never rule that out. But as it looks for now she's still in hibernation. I'm currently working on an Advent Children Tifa (Final Fantasy VII Advent Children), and Sheik (legend of zelda) costumes, but Daphne could always be worn again.

DLFANS : Thanks again for this little interview Princess Daphne ;-) Please now make a costume of THE other laser disc favorite game icon "Kimberley" from the game " Space Ace" :-)

KITTY : No problem, and i always did like Kimmy, she wasn't as much as a damsel in distress that Daphne was and I liked that. I might add to her to my "to do list" but only time will tell.

DLFANS : Thanks to you to let me share all your pictures on my website, and hope to have more pictures :roll:

KITTY : I'll see if I can find anymore pictures, the only ones I have been able to find so far are the ones you already have. And thank you for sharing our love of Dragon's Lair with your DL/SA community.

Others characters 'COSPLAYED' by Kitty :

KOSMOS from the game XENOSAGA :

Link from the game ZELDA :

More 'bout Cosplay (and Kitty named 'Icequeenkitty) here : http://images.cosplay.com