Author Topic: Thinking of selling  (Read 5796 times)

Dexter

• View Profile
Thinking of selling
« on: August 19, 2009, 01:20:22 PM »
Just wanted to know what it's worth. I have been collecting console/pc versions of both Dragon's Lair and Space Ace.

I have the following:

Dragon's Lair

Super Nintendo USA and Australia versions
Super Famicom Jap Dragon's Magic (perfect)
Gameboy Jap - Australia
Gameboy Color -
Nintendo - Australia - Jap
Atari Jaguar - Long Box
3DO - Long Box
Commodore 64 - Cassette
Spectrum - Cassette
DOS - CD-Rom
DVD-Rom
Sega Mega CD - Jap (with slip cover)
Sega CD
CD-i - Sealed with slip cover
CD-i Autographed
DVD Video
Blu-Ray
HD-DVD
Windows HD version

I think there is more but that's all I can think of for now

Space Ace

Atari Jaguar - jewel case
Windows HD version
Super Nintendo - Jap and PAL
DOS - Space Ace II: Borf's Revenge
Blu-Ray
CD-i - with slip cover
CD-Rom
CD-Rom - Real Magic version
Floppy
DVD Video

I've got almost all the main DLII and the DVD of DL III and DL 3D's

Link to most of the collection:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=628.60

Steve

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of selling
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »
steve, are you selling off your collection now or are those only spare parts?

speaking of spare parts: what about the peter packrat kit that you said you have for sale?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »
steve, are you selling off your collection now or are those only spare parts?

speaking of spare parts: what about the peter packrat kit that you said you have for sale?

Thinking of selling off the collection  ???

As for the PPR stuff. I have 3 kits, one minus the CPO overlay (but I have the file I can provide)
I have one NOS in PERFECT condition that's never been used (EVER) still in the System I box
And the other I have in a cab I am restoring
I also have 2 spare joysticks (the blue battlezone type ones)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:31:33 PM »

may i ask WHY???

As for the PPR stuff. I have 3 kits, one minus the CPO overlay (but I have the file I can provide)
I have one NOS in PERFECT condition that's never been used (EVER) still in the System I box
And the other I have in a cab I am restoring
I also have 2 spare joysticks (the blue battlezone type ones)

so do you have a complete spare set for sale?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 06:56:33 PM »
No offence, but I payed some good money for those Jaguar CD's plus the shipping to you as an advanced thank you for your work on the Joust and Puckman artwork, and all I got is "give me another [fill in a timeperiod]" from april on and now you are going to sell them ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I know this was not a "contract" deal but at least you could have the decency to either come up with the finished files or ask if I would mind you'd sell them.

I was in the assumption here that you were a "hardcore" collector who I could do a favor in return of your favor for me. Somewhere something went wrong.....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:05:09 PM by Level42 »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 07:26:24 PM »
Just wanted to know what it's worth. I have been collecting console/pc versions of both Dragon's Lair and Space Ace.

and the reply to Ully
could mean that he is not selling anything

but i need to agree with you that in that case the "post's subject" is very confusing / strange

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »
No offence, but I payed some good money for those Jaguar CD's plus the shipping to you as an advanced thank you for your work on the Joust and Puckman artwork, and all I got is "give me another [fill in a timeperiod]" from april on and now you are going to sell them ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I know this was not a "contract" deal but at least you could have the decency to either come up with the finished files or ask if I would mind you'd sell them.

I was in the assumption here that you were a "hardcore" collector who I could do a favor in return of your favor for me. Somewhere something went wrong.....

Okay, what I meant was (and left it out) 'IF' I were to sell how much would it be worth lol  :D
No chance of me selling anytime soon, was more for my own interest  8)

As for the artwork, with work and moving states and starting a new job has really taken it's toll on me and my family. The Joust one is finished, Puk-Man might take a while longer.

I'm yet to go and collect my PC off a mate (and my Space Ace, Cobra Command and Dragon's Lair) as I wanted to move these myself (along with my PC and 30" Dell screen  :o )

I hope to get it all in the next few weeks just need to plan it all.

So sorry for the delay but I've NOT forgotten and WILL get it to you (and I want to make sure it's PERFECT)

Steve

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »
Ah, somehow I missed your reply Steve...

Glad you're not actually wanting to sell, I already thought it strange but that's the limit of text-only communication I guess :P

I understand fully about the moving, there are higher priorities in life sometimes.

Great to hear the Joust is finished ! Would you mind sending the file to me so I can have it printed ?  Do you still have my e-mail adress or is it too big to mail it ?

Looking forward to the PuckMan work. Perfect is great, but remember I've got nothing to compare it to, so don't let it last "forever" just to get it perfect :D  The Puck project is really halted in anticipation of the CPO.

Thanks, André