Author Topic: [Restoration] Wizard of Wor Reborn  (Read 40476 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: [Restoration] Wizard of Wor Reborn
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 06:54:43 PM »
That looks great !!! And that's not cheap, that's for NOTHING !!!! Geez, I payed 75 euro's for a coin door here and that was WITHOUT blasting. Honestly, this guy couldn't do it together with any other parts which of course greatly reduces costs but that is still very cheap.

I do have one tiny super-anal remark to make: why didn't you let them do the coin bezels and return cups as well ?

Oh and, it might be a good idea to mask you address on pics....

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 08:36:32 PM »

i'm almost there. only one thing missing. anyone want to take a guess?

it looks like you did not put the midway sign really there, but photoshopped

in another way its too big, its going over the "bottomline" ...

for the rest it looks like new !  :spaceace:

what is really missing, is me behind this cab playing wizard of wor !  ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:38:53 PM by Etienne [NL] »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »
I think he simply laid it down on the coin door to show how it overlapped.

That's the thing between US and Euro coin doors. I got some Atari brand stickers from ThisOldGame.com and it turned out that the sticker area on the Euro coin door is a lot bigger than on the US coin doors. I do have the original sticker sheet with the manual that came with the cab, but I just can't make me pull that sticker of the sheet.... :D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 09:58:34 PM »
I do have one tiny super-anal remark to make: why didn't you let them do the coin bezels and return cups as well ?

that's not super-anal, that's right to the point: honest answer: i simply forgot about it  :-[ i'll take those smaller pieces with me the next time ...

yeah, i've seen you guys do that. are you doing this for protection of your privacy? perhaps i should think about that! what about car license plates?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 10:01:14 PM »
That's the thing between US and Euro coin doors.

don't know about that, but either the plate area is too small or the plate itself is to big - in both cases it won't fit  ;) i can't do anything but to leave it like that, or would you try cutting the metal?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 10:11:16 PM »

yeah, i've seen you guys do that. are you doing this for protection of your privacy? perhaps i should think about that! what about car license plates?

Yes sir, the internet is great, but everyone is looking and you just never know. Not only could someone show up at your door when you're not around (if you catch my drift) but even worse, identity theft is really happening and you make it a bit too easy this way.

License plates, well over here you can find out some details about the car through an internet site, but nothing about the owner, unless your with the police or similar authorities of course....

Here's "my" car: (Not really mine, it's a lease-car from my company:
https://www.rdw.nl/Ovi/Paginas/Voertuiggegevens.aspx

I think in Germany license plates are personal, you take it from car to car right ? Over here they are fixed to the car for as long as it exists.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 10:19:58 PM »
Yes sir, the internet is great, but everyone is looking and you just never know. Not only could someone show up at your door when you're not around (if you catch my drift) but even worse, identity theft is really happening and you make it a bit too easy this way.

I think in Germany license plates are personal, you take it from car to car right ? Over here they are fixed to the car for as long as it exists.

thx andré, you're right about the address thingy - i'll change the pics when i find the time! regarding license plates: when you get a new car, you also get a new plate, so if your car is gone, so is your plate. i've never heard of someone taking his old number with him, but then again: i'm no car geek (in fact: i find cars damn boring)!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 10:27:57 PM »
That's the thing between US and Euro coin doors.

don't know about that, but either the plate area is too small or the plate itself is to big - in both cases it won't fit  ;) i can't do anything but to leave it like that, or would you try cutting the metal?
The coin door in your WOW is the "standard" European coin door as used in so many games. The Midway plates that Rich makes are meant for US Midway coin doors like my Galaxian.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 10:29:55 PM »
i bow before your arcade knowledge!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »
Looking at it....I'm beginning to wonder if you've got an original door there....

I have a feeling that there were never Euro-WOW's. Bally didn't "do" Euro cabs afaik. It may very well be a retro-fit......yikes....

Is there any hint in the cab to see where it was manufactured ?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »
Hey Ully,

FrizzleFries from the BYOAC forum asks what paint color code you used for the white on the WOW (because he just bought one too).
Don't think our euro-codes would do him any good but who knows....

Here's his thread:http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=96931.0

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2009, 11:12:46 PM »
Shameless bump.

Ully ? Here's Frizzle's restoration thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=97063.msg1022997#msg1022997

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »
thx for the bump, andré. i've just posted an answer on the other board. unfortunately, i can't help him out with a color code!

Spyridon

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2009, 09:22:39 PM »
This is looking very nice.  No shame in pulling that side art off.  It was in bad shape.

logan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
Great Job Ully!  ;D

one small question, what did you use to ge rid of that rust the coins lef in the box?? where did you buy that? thx! :)

logan