Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
September 19, 2019, 03:11:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Holiday in Florida / Texas [features Arcade Life Style stories]  (Read 30105 times)
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 06:17:14 PM »

aaaaarh! - come on! show us the pictures!

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »

Everyone ready now?

Bruno, be ready for an AWESOME place now  Cool

Stay Tuned...

Sjeeeeez bruno, you really know how to put the tension up, and tease us  Wink

again we need to wait , and we are so curious!!! 

iīm waiting for the next part !!!   Twisted

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 12:20:44 PM »

"Welcome to Houston down town my friends"  arrow

This is it...

...ready for a travel in time?   Roll Eyes Let's set the destination, somewhere in the 80's, ok?  Kiss Kiss Kiss arrow

HERE WE GO  Cool Cool Cool  arrow

CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR THE TIME MACHINE !!!

"Houston, we've got a problem!" Well, I've just visited a game room called 'Joystix' with my friend Barry and now, we cannot remember if we are in 2009 or somewhere in the 80's... can you help us on this please?  Beware, explicit pictures for retrogamers & collectors!

Space Ace

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:33 PM »

...and back from 'JOYSTIX'  (awesome isn't it  Roll Eyes Tongue Kiss) ... at the Stacy & Barry's house.

We are all very tired (what a day!), but Barry shows some some 80's treasures, for example :

This Donkey Kong is a very special T-shirt for Barry (see here). Thanks for showing me this one Barry.

Others original 80's ones  arrow

Day 14 : Wake up ...Let's take the road this morning... everything is bigger in Texas... first, the car... see the Barry's vehicule  Shocked arrow

Next, the breakfast... Original American Breakfast here (I don't remember the name?) ... not a small one as you can see  Shocked Roll Eyes  arrow

Already need some rest? I told you the breakfast was too big for us, poor European  Grin  arrow

OK, let's go to the Sonic's workplace....

Hey, it's JOYSTIX... wanna go back there once again?  Roll Eyes Tongue Grin  arrow

He works over there  Cool  arrow

"Hey Barry... there is not enough road to accelerate to 88 mph?"

" ... Where we're going, we don't need roads... let's put the pick up on a special boat  Cheesy"  arrow

And here we are... the famous San Jacinto Texas (all the information about this place right here).  Kiss

Because Barry is working here... He is the PERFECT guide... we've got the complete tour... full access area ... behind the scene ... AWESOME  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Nice view from the top  Smiley  arrow

This is the Barry's office  Cool  arrow

...and inside his fridge  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  arrow

A great place... and yes... Sonic's the MAN  Kiss

to continue...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:36:30 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »

great! - what does barry work with?, or maby he can anwser himself Smiley

petieken

Belgium

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »

This is the Barry's office  Cool  arrow

Do I spot Asteroids? Grin

Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »

Looks like a cool office !

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
Sonic 1992
ArcadeLifeStyler'

I Wanna Go Back !

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »

great! - what does barry work with?, or maby he can anwser himself Smiley

Inside the museum is a theatre, I maintain the projection equipment, as well as the maintenace of the theatre, Also I have to keep the kiddos in line when they visit the museum... they need constant reminder that this is not a McDonald's Playground!  LOL  Tongue

Yes, That is Asteroids as my desktop! 
Ronald Reagan
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »

great topic, your Arcade stories with photo's rule bigtime!

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 10:37:12 PM »

Kiss

Now, let's visit the Battleship Texas  Kiss
In addition to the sacred battleground, visitors can experience an adventure on the Battleship Texas - the world's last remaining dreadnaught vessel that fought in and survived both World War I and II. 1948, the Battleship Texas became the first battleship memorial museum in the U.S. That same year, on the anniversary of Texas Independence, the Texas was presented to the State of Texas and commissioned as the flagship of the Texas Navy.

Hey, the visit of the ship can be done until 5:00Pm... and ... it's 5PM  Huh?
Fortunately, Barry knows everyone here... and...

...Bingo!... the tour continues  Wink We are in  pacman

Impressive!

Huge!

Captain Sonic and two sailors  Grin  arrow

Direction an other location... we ask to Barry & Stacy two things : A nice Roller Coaster ... and ... a real TEXAS Angus beef  Roll Eyes Tongue Kiss

Here we go for the first request  Roll Eyes ...

Roller coaster in wood... yyeess!!! They are the best  Kiss

In order to have the full experience, we are waiting something like 25 minutes in order to be together in the first car  Cool And here we go  Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

During the ride, I can hear Sonic screaming 'DRAGON'S LAIR!!!' True!  Cheesy

Now, let's go for the second request  Roll Eyes  arrow

The restaurant is full... but only few minutes to wait... the perfect moment for taking the official 'meeting picture'  Kiss Kiss Kiss arrow

...from left to right : Darth Nuno, Darth Nunette, Barry 'Sonic 92' & Stacy Kiss

No more cow boys here, but... I love this place  Kiss  arrow

MMhhhh... I'm loving it  Kiss

After the restaurant, let's have some fun again...

It's time for a special encounter... take this  arrow

Hey Barry... we are not hungry? What's this?  roll eyes

LOL... it's not for you  Grin It's food for stingray  Cool Try it!  Cool

Take the fish... and wait for a stingray...

AWESOME!!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

After walking, a last hop into the Arcade... hey... Ms Pac Man  Kiss  arrow

It's very late... time to go back to the Barry's house... Holy Jesus... What an awesome day! Perfect!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Ronald Reagan
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 10:42:29 PM »

awesome, you can make a book out of all those stories and photo's Ghost

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »

what a great trip!!
still, cant wait for Sonicīs gameroom!

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »

Day 15 : the LAST day in USA  oppps

Few weeks ago, I asked Barry to order for me a very special item for my Cirqus Voltaire pinball. See this strange neon  pacman arrow

Of course, this neon is too fragile for a shipping from USA to Europe (or it would be very complicate & expensive), so I've asked Barry to keep it safe at home, and I'll take it back with me...  Kiss

Taking back with me? Easy to say... This neon is so long, and so fragile... I'm sure It would not resist in my bags. So, the only option is to keep it with me in the plane... but how to pack this?  confused

Fortunately, Barry is the man, see this 'custom' (for customs) box  Tongue  arrow

It can be opened very easy... 'coz I'm sure I'll have to show what's inside that box before entering into the plane...

OK Barry, it should be fine like that, well done  Kiss :

Ok, we cannot leave Texas before visiting the Ultimate game room!  Tongue... Get ready?

...and here we are baby  Kiss  arrow YESTERDAYS  Tongue Kiss Tongue Kiss

Man, what a shock  Shocked I know this game room very well because I've seen a lot of pictures, but man, be here for real is a awesome experience  Shocked Kiss

Hey, two of my favorites table top games : Entex's Super Cobra & Galaxian2  Kiss ...with a ton of other games  Shocked  arrow

Berzerk on Atari 2600  Kiss

I'm like a little kid ... see...  I've got a ton of quarters in my hands... It's heaven here  Shocked  arrow

...hundreds for Barry  Shocked  arrow

Let's score on Missile Command... impossible to beat Barry  oppps

Heaven! I told you!

Barry and the Sonic cab'... or Sonic and Sonic?  Grin ...wait a sec, Barry IS Sonic!  Kiss

Ahhh, my dream comes true... at least a Virtual Boy... Let's try it for the very first time  Tongue Tongue Tongue  arrow

Impossible to describe all the items here! It would requires thousands of pictures...

See the carpet... special for 'black light'  Kiss  arrow

Here's the Dragon's Lair area  Tongue :

Even 25 years ago, it was possible to cheat on arcade games Roll Eyes  arrow

E.T. fan?  Wink  arrow

Of course, we cannot resist to try to ..."slay the Dragon"  Tongue  Kiss  arrow

Ok Barry, you win ... but I've got an excuse  roll eyes ... I use to play the EURO version of the game, not the US one roll eyes Grin

I guess I'm better on the NES version ... Nerd!  Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin  arrow

Cry Cry Cry time to go... a last picture... I still cannot believe I'm here, in Yesterdays!!!

On the way to the airport, Barry stops the car... and says : "Bruno, this is a place for all the fans of the movie BACK TO THE FUTURE : DMC"  arrow

Arggg... too bad it's Sunday today... it's closed...  Cry ...

Behind these walls, I can imagine all the Delorean cars  Kiss Kiss Kiss

OK, next time I'll go to Texas, I won't miss that!  Roll Eyes Wink

In the shuttle, on the way to the airport, I'm very sad as you can see... I don't want to go  Cry ...

A last good bye to Barry & Stacy.  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss  Once again, many thanks for everything!  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

... 15 incredible days... As you can see, we are VERY tired and a little bit ill (too much air conditioner I would say  oppps) ... but so happy  Tongue  Kiss

Now I hope I won't have problem to pass the custom/security check with the neon in my hand  roll eyes

...No problem at all... Let's eat the Barry's famous chips while we are waiting the plane... Grin  arrow

And... this is it... we are now safe in Belgium (and the Cirqus Voltaire neon too  Grin)... these 15 days were totally awesome!!!

It's was just incredible to meet Fred 'Arcadefever' and Barry 'Sonic 1992' for real... you were very kind with us... we never forget this 15 days trip with you  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Hope to meet you again very soon  Kiss Kiss Kiss

End of line...  Cool

Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »

woh! - just woh!
That gameroom is incredible, man, i wish some day i could se it with my own eyes!
thanks for the pictures and the story!!!  Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2009, 10:01:15 PM »

Woooowww Bruno, what a holiday!!!!  Kiss Kiss  I'm 101% envy

Space Ace Space Ace

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: