Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
May 23, 2019, 05:56:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Holiday in Florida / Texas [features Arcade Life Style stories]  (Read 28650 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2009, 07:42:26 PM »

OK, this is about Arcade Lifestyle in Florida / Texas  Tongue

Don't worry, I won't display all the pictures taken during my last holiday, but just give you the general plot, features *Arcade Life Style* segments of course  Tongue

It can give few ideas if you plan to go in Florida (but also in Texas).

Day 1 :

It starts immediately at the Luxembourg airport  Grin we meet the world famous DJ David Guetta  Cheesy  arrow

He was with us on the bus to the plane, and on the seat just behind us inside the plane... until Paris airport... funny  Grin

...where the Wifi is not free  Evil I'm only able to display what's on my laptop cache  confused

After a long trip... we arrive at our hotel in MIAMI BEACH :

Impossible to do something after spending almost one full day in the airport/bus/car rental/plane... so ZZZzzzzZZZ  Cool

Day 2 :

Breakfast near the hotel pool...

...and of course... impossible to resist  arrow

Pool time all the morning  Kiss

Something great : Fred 'ArcadeFever' is living in Miami... Let's meet him, on the hotel where he works (he's master Chief) :

Because he's top chief, we personally prepare us great food... we are *special* guests  Smiley  Kiss Kiss Kiss We'll meet him later (he's working now)

Ok let's walk on the Miami Beach streets  Cool

First one is Lincoln rd mall...

A lot of shops and restaurants of course.

Hey, the new Terminator will be out in few days  lol

Like most of Cinemas, few arcade games... nothing special  arrow

An other main street is the Washington avenue... a lot of shops & restaurants too.

But the best one is  Ocean drive :

Music, fun ... food everywhere, cigar, tourist attractions, body builders, ...

...dancing...

Grin

...and if you can, try to pick up a coconut directly on the tree if you have a lllooooonngg sitck... or ask for it... fresh coconut milk is so good  Kiss Kiss Kiss This black guy helped us to pick up one and cut it  Smiley

Day 3 : On the way to 'the Keys'  arrow

Driving on Florida is like ... playing Out Run 2  lol : water on left side, buildings on the right side of the road  Tongue

This is our car : DODGE Viper Avenger  Wink :

Small stop during the long trip from Miami Beach to Key West... here at Key Largo for asking some tourist informations...

...or eating for the first time in a Wendy's  Cheesy  arrow

Driving for islands to islands is amazing, but a little bit scaring too...

...water everywhere, huge bridges...

After 250km of wonderful landscapes, we arrive at the last island : Key West.

This island is famous for 'Pirate' stuff (the famous Blackbeard). Pirate shops, museum (Pirate Soul Museum houses 48 individual exhibit areas and states it contains the largest and most authentic collection of pirate artifacts ever displayed under one roof), ... and of course 'Pirates' pinball  Grin  arrow

Various pictures...

The love boat ?  Tongue

Cruise to Caribbean  Kiss

Italian Sausages here  Roll Eyes Tongue Let's give a try...

...did 'ya say fat? ... no  Roll Eyes Grin  arrow

The Ernest Hemingway house :

At this point, we are not too far from Cuba... see  Cool  arrow

Time to go back to Miami... careful on all these bridges... no light here ...

Cool
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:42:06 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 07:52:37 PM »

Day 4 : On the way to the Everglades...

Today we'll visit the southern part of the Everglades... let's leave Miami...

On the way, a very nice shop : "Robert is Here" :

Florida is THE best place for fresh fruits  Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

We are now at the Everglades Alligator farm ... impressive  Shocked  arrow

Huge!

But we are here for this  Cool  arrow

AIRBOAT  Kiss Let's go for a fast & furious 20 minutes ride  Kiss

Caution... Alligators everywhere  Tongue

Arriving at Flamingo / National Park ...

We drive all the afternoon on the everglades... and it's time to go back to Miami... more Out Run 2 pictures...

...or crazy taxi maybe  Grin

A last visit to a shop ... with interesting beverages  Tongue

...and dinner -once again- in the hotel where Fred 'Arcade Fever' works  Kiss

Day 5 : Little Havana & Miami Downtown.

Like every time we use the car... Out Run2  Cool  arrow

This morning, we start the visit with 'Little Havana', very close to the center of 'Downtown' :

The famous 'El Credito Cogar Company'...

...where they roll cigars manually  arrow

Let's buy few ones  Wink

A lot of memorial regarding the 'Bay of Pigs invasion'...

An other famous place here : the Maximo Gomez Park and its Domino Club  arrow

Now, let's go to the real 'Miami Downtown'  Wink

Nice, it's possible to visit 'by walking', like European cities  Kiss A lot of shops of course...

Let's go to 'BAYSIDE'  arrow

A nice place to visit, beautiful view on the bay, nice shops & restaurants...

Hey... a working Zoltar  Kiss  arrow

This gives me some idea for my game room... but it would be too big to bring it in the place  Tongue  arrow

Hey? It starts to rain  Undecided

Fortunately the visit here is done  Tongue Let's check for a warm place now... who says Arcadefever game room?  Roll Eyes Tongue  Grin

...And here we are! Welcome in the ArcadeFever's house  Kiss Kiss  arrow

As you can see, we are not in the game room, but they are already arcade games everywhere  Grin  arrow

His 'Sea Invasion' cocktail... brand new (see here) !!!  arrow

This SI Dlx is very nice too  Smiley :

IMPORTANT NOTE HERE
: I'm *ULTRA* allergic to cats !!!  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

I love cats but ... once again ... I'm *ULTRA* allergic to cats  Cry Cry Cry ... and there are a lot of cats  here...so after less than 20 minutes, impossible to do anything  (itchy nose / eyes)... I'm even not able to take picture  Ghost ...fortunately, my wife took few pictures :

Maybe an explanation ... why Fred 'ArcadeFever' is Top Chief Huh?? Because of this  Grin  arrow

Because of my allergy to cats, I wasn't able to fully enjoy playing the games, but... on the short time I was able to play them... it's was great  Kiss Arghhh have a look at this wonderful Ghosts'n'Goblins  Tongue  arrow

Playing Cabal on trackball is far better than playing with a joystick :

Of course, Fred's wife, like most of girls, is playing... Puzzle Bobble  Grin

Tron, and Commando with its nice 'custom made' CPO :

Playing Tempest ... on a Tempest cab is a great experience  Kiss  arrow

But one of my best gaming moment was playing 'Speed Buggy' aka 'Buggy Boy'  Kiss Kiss Kiss I used to play it long time ago on the three screens version, and because (I think ) this game is still not playable in Mame, it was great to play it again after so many years  Kiss Kiss Kiss

By the way, thanks for the warm welcome message on your electronic display  Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

There are so many decoration items here... impressive  Shocked  arrow

There is an other room, called 'The Consoles room' ... Wooow  Kiss  arrow

Consoles, electronics games, TV Pong, Game & Watch... all ready to play ... Awesome  Shocked  Kiss

Also in that small room, two arcade games : Asteroids cocktail & a special version of 'Astro Fighter'  Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

I really enjoyed the moment, but arrgggggggggg! Why I have this allergy to cats  Cry I wished to take more pictures (thanks to Nunette for these pictures, fortunately), spend more time here, trying all the games... next time I will take special medicines  Tongue

More pictures are available on the ArcadeFever's forum, right here  Wink Thanks Fred for these additional pictures Kiss See you tomorrow by the way  Wink Cool
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 02:11:35 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »

Day 6  :

Day off for Arcadefever, just to be with us  Kiss Kiss Kiss

As a perfect guide, he shows us many places... like this one  Wink  arrow

So 50's isn't it? Like the retro bar in Back to the Future II (where you can see a virtual Michael Jackson in a TV, asking you for a Pepsi)  Kiss  arrow

Fred 'Arcadefever' and Darth Nunette :

PS: did you see the rain behind them? Yes, it happens also at Miami Beach  Roll Eyes

It's also time for shopping ... mmhhhh ... I mean 'Arcade Life Style' shopping  Smiley

...first time I see a Contra T-shirt  Tongue Kiss

Fred presented me in that Apple store the lastest iMac... Very good demo my friend ... and mostly because of it, here's the result  Roll Eyes Cool Grin

Nice stuff  arrow

...this time I don't have to order these things... I'm on location  Roll Eyes Grin

And now, a moment I'm waiting for a long time... let's try to meet Billy Mitchell  Cool  arrow

(click on the picture to see the full story... DO NOT MISS THIS!!!)

Day 7 :

Hey, this is Miami Beach isn't it?  Roll Eyes ... Today, let's enjoy the 'Beach Life Style'  Grin Second hotel... second pool  Kiss  arrow

...but I prefer a ride along the beach...

Mhhh... which car to take today? The yellow one?

...or the red one?  Roll Eyes Tongue

Thanks to the Pow Wow 2009...a LOT of things like this everywhere in the main streets  Roll Eyes Tongue  arrow

Tomorrow, we'll leave Miami... so a last visit to Fred  Kiss  arrow

Thanks for everything my friend  Kiss Kiss Kiss It was a real pleasure to meet you in the 'real life'. We hope to meet again very soon  Cool

It's the evening... a last place to visit before leaving Miami  : Dave & Buster's ... because there is a GT-6 [Galaxian Theater] over there  Smiley
Ok, it doesn't play the original games (Dragoon or Zolgear), but... hey... it's a THEATER 'assembled'  Grin

See the full story here :

(Click on the picture for the full visit)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:48:36 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »

Day 8  : bye bye Miami... Welcome Orlando  Cool

...and here we are... the land of fantasy, fun ... and theme parks  Grin  arrow

We are in the middle of the afternoon. A little bit late to start the visit of a park SO let's take time to walk inside a *free entrance* Disney area, called Disney Village.  Cool

Inside Disney Village, there's something called DISNEYQUEST ... and ... my God  Shocked It's full of Classic games  Kiss Kiss Kiss

See the full story  arrow

[click on the picture to read the full report... included pictures and a video tour]

Day 9 : Universal Studios

OK, Orlando means 'World of Disney", but there are a lot of theme parks here... and not (hopefully) from Disney only  Wink

Let's start with my favorite one : Universal (which is two parks : Studios & Islands Of Adventure)

Some attractions are the same than the ones in the Universal Studio California, for example the Terminator 3D show, which is still amazing  Kiss  arrow

Have a look at this full size Terminator... It would be *AWESOME* in a game room  Shocked Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

Back in the 50's or 60's? ...

... like 'Back In The Future' movies, one of the most famous Universal Studios licence  Roll Eyes

Now enjoy this SEGMENT, dedicated to the famous trilogy and the all famous DeLorean car  Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

(click on the OUTATIME picture for the full story)

One of most impressive 3D ride would be 'SIMPSONS the ride' ... similar than the one in California, one of the best 3D ride I've ever seen  Cool

Hey? ...SCOOBY-DOO  Grin  arrow

The biggest Hard Rock Cafe on the planet...

Everything is bigger here  Tongue

In the "Islands Of Adventure", new thrilling rides, like Hulk...

...of this new one : Spider-Man : Motion ride  + 3D effects.... a must see here !!!

Nice backgrounds...

POPEYE  Smiley

Of course, there are a lot of attractions/shows/shops here... but I don't want to bore you too much  Tongue

Ok, a last picture... inside the Forrest Gump restaurant...  Roll Eyes  arrow

Fan of Dr.Peppers forever  Grin Grin Grin

Day 10 : Epcot & Disney's Hollywood Studios

Let's start this first half of the day by the visit of the world famous EPCOT

The park is dedicated to technological innovation and international culture.

I've already seen this shape in a video game... but which one?  Roll Eyes arrow

Nice walk... you can see various cultures... no, this is not Japan  Tongue arrow

This robot would be nice inside a game room...

...but... It takes the same space than an arcade cabinet... so I take the cabinet  Wink

Look! This is the FRANCE area... and yes, like in France, it rains... well done  Ghost  arrow

After Epcot, let's visit the Disney's Hollywood Studios :

Hey... Wow... Star Wars stuff here? ... but wait... it's only during the week end, and... this is NOT the week end now  Cry I can't win all the time  oppps ...

During the visit of the studios... a full size snowspeeder  Kiss Too bad we are inside a moving train... can't do better picture than this  confused :

Ok, no parade or special "Star Wars" event today, but still some interesting stuff to see. A small museum...

In the shops... when Disney and Star Wars unites...

Impossible to resist  Roll Eyes Tongue Now I'm on a picture, with my master  Kiss  arrow

Now you all know why I'm called 'Darth Nuno'  Twisted Grin Grin Grin

And at the end of the day, impossible to miss the Disney's parade... really impressive  Shocked

Day 11 : Disney's Typhoon Lagoon

This morning, just want to have some fun in a water park... let's go to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon  arrow

Let's play TOOBIN' for real  Cheesy  arrow

One of the world's largest wave pools.... impressive & ...very fun   Shocked Kiss arrow

Ok, let's take a rest this afternoon (not easy to do so many theme parks  Roll Eyes Tongue ), and just visit the streets and roads of Orlando...

Nice house ...

...for sale  Undecided Low prices... because of the crisis  Lips Sealed  arrow

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:35:38 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 07:53:53 PM »

...and still no particular destination for this afternoon... So let's say what's around here  Roll Eyes mhhh... on the navigation car system, in the folder 'amusement place', I can read : "FUNSPOT"  Roll Eyes ...sounds good no?  Wink ...and only 25 minutes to drive... so let's go!  Cool

Here we are...

This is a very small attraction park... let's check the game of course  Tongue  arrow

On this level, nothing special... I mean only 'modern' games...

What's this?  arrow

A Taito cab', all alone in a dark corner...  roll eyes

It's a good old ZOO KEEPER... very very tired  Undecided  arrow

Ok, let's check the games on the 2nd level. Decoration is great... Font & color looks nice :

...full size sport car on the wall  Tongue  arrow

More games, generic cabs'...

And here's the cool stuff  Tongue  arrow

OK, this is not real vintage cabinets, but re edition of oldies... it's better than nothing ...don't you think ?  Roll Eyes Tongue

Hey... all the games are in 'free play' ... YEEEHHAAWW  Kiss Kiss Kiss Let's score  Cheesy

After few plays... I see this  arrow

oppps shame on me... I didn't read it  oppps

OK, let's drink something outside... Hey Daytona is not too far from here  Roll Eyes Tongue Daaayyyttttttooonnaa  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Grin

Space Ace
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 05:36:31 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

vib_ribbon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »

looking forward to more!!

i loved miami even though i was only there for 1 night + 2 mornings.

lets bring out some old photos...  lol

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »

Very nice !

hope to read more soon !

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 08:58:25 PM »

It starts immediately at the Luxembourg airport  Grin we meet the world famous DJ David Guetta  Cheesy  arrow

who the f*** is DJ David Guetta? World famous? Obviously not the world I live in  Wink

nice pics and a great trip down memory lane for me. it's been more than 10 years since i visited the florida keys the last time. although it looks as if nothing has changed there. good old american lifestyle!

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
arcadefever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 07:43:59 PM »

Great pictures !!!!!!

teaser here:

Grin

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

Great pictures !!!!!!

Thanks  Kiss The Big stuff is coming soon by the way  Wink  (ps : new pictures added  Cool)

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 02:13:48 PM »

Story update (ArcadeFever's game room  Wink)

funkycochise

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 05:10:58 PM »

But one of my best gaming moment was playing 'Speed Buggy' aka 'Buggy Boy'  Kiss Kiss Kiss I used to play it long time ago on the three screens version, and because (I think ) this game is still not playable in Mame, it was great to play it again after so many years  Kiss Kiss Kiss
In fact, it was correct, but if you try to play it with the actual mame version, you'll get a good surprise...
I don't know since whitch version it is correctly supported...
arcadefever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 05:12:34 PM »

Nice pictures !!!!

Sorry about the cats  Undecided

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 02:32:51 PM »

Added the story : "The Billy Mitchell day" *Arcade Life Style* to the max...  pacman  Ghost Ghost Ghost Ghost

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

Few more pictures  Cool

Add the ...

...story + few Universal Studios pictures...

Zeether

Roger, out.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 12:45:46 AM »

I spy Initial D version 3 at the movie theater arcade  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: