Author Topic: Wanted: TOOBIN'  (Read 8402 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Wanted: TOOBIN'
« on: May 20, 2009, 08:22:56 PM »
I remember playing this in the Belgium De Vosemeeren Centre Parcs over and over again in the 90s. What a fun game, especially if two play simultaneous! Therefore:

WANTED: TOOBIN' ARCADE CABINET

Are you bored of that game and want to sell it? Do you know anyone who might be willing to let go of it? Then I'm the person to contact  :)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
Re: Wanted: TOOBIN'
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 10:20:35 PM »
I think I saw one for sale on a Belgian forum/site a few weeks ago... If I find it I'll let you know
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 10:24:41 PM »
UPDATE:
I found the cab again, it's on arcadebelgium
Here is the link: http://www.arcadebelgium.be/ab.php?l=en&r=mar&p=market

Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:40:36 PM »
petieken, just great - email sent! if the toobin' is still available, you will be officially declared GOD :)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »
UPDATE:
I found the cab again, it's on arcadebelgium
Here is the link: http://www.arcadebelgium.be/ab.php?l=en&r=mar&p=market

Hey ully , i guess you already saw that they also have a bubble bobble board there for € 30,-
i don't know if you still need one for your bubble bobble project?

the add says "bobble bobble" and the screenshot too, i guess thats a mistake, or not , anyway they also say this about the screenshot "Pictures shown are not from the actual product." so maybe its a original board.

Greets Etienne

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:00:50 PM »
Hey ully , i guess you already saw that they also have a bubble bobble board there for € 30,-

As mentioned it says Bobble Bobble, that's a bootleg if ever saw one. A working original, they would be asking a hellava lot more than 30.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »
thx etienne, already seen that. unfortunately, it's really just a bootleg!

no word yet from the toobin' guy - damn, i ABSOLUTELY need that game!  ;)  :twisted:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 11:13:39 PM »
UPDATE: just returned from another great roadtrip  ;D pics to follow soon ...

still no word from the toobin' guy  :'( i will write another email NOW  :twisted:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
still no word from the toobin' guy, so i guess he's either dead or a jackass - none of which makes me happy  :evil:

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »
still no word from the toobin' guy, so i guess he's either dead or a jackass - none of which makes me happy  :evil:

I hate that too when people advertise stuff for sale and don't reply to their mails >:( When they're too lazy to reply to their mails they should provide their phone number instead of their email address.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 09:38:03 PM »
UPDATE  ;D

he's neither dead nor a jackass, he simply changed his email address and forgot to change the forum settings  >:(

anyway, i've made contact with him trying to figure out a deal. the game is working, but there are some damages to the cabinet, the side side of the control panel is almost broken of und need to be fixed desperately, the sidearts have some damages, one of the gators is missing, but the waterfall is working - YEAH!!!

Waterfall??? What the f*** is he talking about? In case you haven't seen that INCREDIBLE marquee effect you can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LW0jWvDg8

Well, let's see if we can come to an agreement. I will keep you posted!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:39:54 PM by Superully »

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 11:13:54 PM »
Waterfall??? What the f*** is he talking about? In case you haven't seen that INCREDIBLE marquee effect you can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LW0jWvDg8

Wooowww!!!! Amazing effect !!!! This marquee is a piece of art  :-* :-*
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 09:17:12 PM »
I know you will come to an agreement with the seller ;) I'm looking forward to the roadtrip report already ;D ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 09:54:05 PM »
I'm looking forward to the roadtrip report already ;D ;D

i should quit my job and start going on roadtrips professionally  8)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 09:55:24 AM »

stay tuned ...  :)