Author Topic: Fitter 'Restoration' - Artwork  (Read 3636 times)

rotheblog

• View Profile
    • CoinOpSpace.com
Fitter 'Restoration' - Artwork
« on: October 31, 2021, 03:18:42 PM »
Hey folks.

Been a long time since I've posted here.

I was fortunate to find a Fitter up just outside of Hamilton, ON from a gentleman who used to live in the Netherlands and brought the cabinet with him to Canada when he emigrated.

The cabinet has the more generic stars Zaccaria bezel, and a Comidar overlay.  No original artwork outside of the sides of the cabinet (no marquee, bezel or overlay)

We're so fortunate that Paul Swan has contributed so much from his restorations - that the scans are at least available to work from.

So - Initial questions are three fold:

* Has anyone already reproduced artwork for this game?
* (If not) Is anyone willing to lend a hand if needed - color matching, or possibly temporarily lending unused pieces for color matching, matching dimensions?
* Longshot - If anyone has any artwork they'd be open to sell, drop me a PM

I don't think I'll find artwork, so will likely have it made.  I've worked with a local (to Indianapolis, IN - USA) shop previous to reproduce Universal Snap Jack overlays and instruction cards that were reverse, UV printed and laser cut.  I know I can reach out to them again.

I could make a couple of sets of artwork for folks that are interested.  NOTE - A long ways off.  Got the game yesterday, haven't even seriously looked Paul's scans yet to assess what is needed.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts / feedback.

-Rotheblog

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
Re: Fitter 'Restoration' - Artwork
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 04:19:04 PM »
Hi,

good find in the US!

I am not sure when,  (my Fitter cabinet is somewhere in the garage) but I think I can make the color test to you.

I should have a complete cabinet, just the PCB missing;-(
Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Vanguard.

rotheblog

• View Profile
    • CoinOpSpace.com
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 07:10:39 PM »
Thanks Digimon for taking the time to respond, and offer to help.

rotheblog

• View Profile
    • CoinOpSpace.com
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 01:41:39 AM »
Digimon - I could also use some help with the dimensions of the viewport on the control panel overlay (where the instruction card shows through), if you think you could locate / get access to your machine for additional information like these measurements.

rotheblog

• View Profile
    • CoinOpSpace.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 10:32:10 PM »
I didn't see any comments on interest in repro. artwork for this game....but I thought I'd update anyway.

I'm moving forward with getting the artwork reproduced, and may have the print company do the prep.  Waiting to see how much that is going to cost.

If you think you are interested in a set, OR even individual piece(s) - please drop me a line here or directly. Obviously just asking about interest, which is always pending pricing, etc.

rotheblog

• View Profile
    • CoinOpSpace.com
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 02:59:32 AM »
Bumping back up.

Getting pretty close to printing the artwork.  Paul Swan's scans have been pieced together and cleaned up, and we've done some color matching.

Probably the final notice - if there is any interest in getting any of the pieces for this cabinet - shoot me a note.