Author Topic: crystal castles  (Read 3255 times)

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
crystal castles
« on: November 22, 2019, 08:56:11 AM »
Hi

I want you to show the new crystal castles, which found the way to me.
As you can see its in mint condition and you can already put it into the living room. While moving into the garage, the cab already dropped a few coins - looks like the cab is happy now  ;D ( off course, it does not have to share space with the goats anymore, who bite the right edge with the t-molding away ).

Thx alex for transporting it. Funny fact, he has a crystal castles cab too and our cabs where neighbors at production ( like serial number 3564 and 3565 ).

So, here the link for the pictures ( since google wont let you direct link it anymore )
https://photos.app.goo.gl/foxeAwewwpbRFN5V8

Alex told me, he already shoved a huge pile of dirt from the cab. So its in transportable condition now  :D

greetings from austria
Andi

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: crystal castles
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 03:27:16 PM »
Holy shit  ;D

Have fun with the resto!!  ;)

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
Re: crystal castles
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 07:08:36 PM »
Holy shit  ;D

Exactly  ;D

This afternoon, I had some time to do a quick cleaning. Glass cleaner and papertowels for the outside, and vacuum cleaner for the inside.
Sadly, the PCB is missing  :-[ but I found 56 german D-Mark inside  :shock: :wink:  ( ok, pretty worthless now ). The power supply, audio board and a G07 with burn in was also inside.

While cleaning the outside, I told to myself, this isnt what it looks like, its some.... dirt from the ground, choclate pudding or something else . Finally, it did not smell.   ;D

The edge near the control panel has been eaten from the goats, the whole T-Molding is missing there.  The control panel was stuck because of rust but some heavy duty multi oil works wonder. Anyway, I must have a closer look when it got sandblasted because rust took already some of the metal away.

Ok, whats on the list now:

- PCB needed
- Trackball refurbish ( its stuck )
- Sideart and most graphic overlays needs to be changed to new one
- power supply, audio and monitor needs testing and refurbishing ( rust, dirt... )
- coin doors and control panel needs sandblasting and new coat ( coat, not goat  ;D )