Author Topic: Where to buy laminate in Europe?  (Read 14727 times)

rogerxy

• View Profile
Re: Where to buy laminate in Europe?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 09:57:40 PM »
Got an answer from a Panolam employee saying "Please contact our distributor in the UK, Arnold Lavers, Ltd".
This is their website: https://www.laver.co.uk/

I sent them an E-mail, let's see what they say...

An update about this. I got an answer from the people at the UK company Arnold Laver. They could get the laminate I was asking for, but it was not something they had in stock so they had to order from USA and the shipping cost would be on me. And the shipping cost for 2 laminate sheets would be.... £410!

Needless to say I had to decline  :'(

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 03:54:59 PM »
Uff, thats a lot.

So now you come back to paint it?  ;D
My Dk Jr is painted btw ( i think 2x, dont remember exactly ). But yeah, I used a roller, not a brush.

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 06:15:47 PM »
Uff, thats a lot.

So now you come back to paint it?  ;D
Nah, I'm quite the stubborn guy so if I've decided to get laminate I will get laminate one way or the other  :D

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 02:31:40 PM »
Samples just arrived - I'll get some more in orange later. For blue it looks VERY good against my 2 different nintendo cabs (popeye and versus super mario is the lighter one).
It's a little thicker than the original stuff, but not much in it at all. I'm not sure how you are supposed to cut it though, it's very tough and I'll want clean edges.

repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com

itruk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »
I'm not sure how you are supposed to cut it though, it's very tough and I'll want clean edges.

A pair of large sharp scissors or tin snips usually, give yourself plently of extra room around the edge incase it splits of.  Then a router with a good sharp bit on it to trim to the shape.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »
It's a little thicker than the original stuff, but not much in it at all. I'm not sure how you are supposed to cut it though, it's very tough and I'll want clean edges.

Check this John's video that shows how to deal with laminate on arcade cabinet.

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »
I'm not sure how you are supposed to cut it though, it's very tough and I'll want clean edges.

A pair of large sharp scissors or tin snips usually, give yourself plently of extra room around the edge incase it splits of.  Then a router with a good sharp bit on it to trim to the shape.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-Solid-Carbide-Flush-Trimmer-Bit-Self-Piloted-1-4-in-x-1-4-in-Laminate-Trim-Bit/1084639

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 06:04:39 PM »
I managed to get the RAL and NCS color codes for the laminates that Whitney uses, so it should make it easier to find european alternatives:

Liberty Red: RAL 3020    NCS S1580-Y90R

Carribean Blue RAL 220-70-35   NCS S1050-B10G

Fresh Papaya RAL 2008    NCS S1070-Y60R