Author Topic: Blast Galaxy arcade club Amsterdam *IT's A TRAP!*  (Read 24569 times)

jinxz

• View Profile
Blast Galaxy arcade club Amsterdam *IT's A TRAP!*
« on: April 23, 2018, 03:36:08 PM »
Hey fellow DLF'rs!

After years of doing my thing in the arcade scene I can finally anounce that we've formed a team to open an arcade club in a few months. An arcade club in the sense that it is an entry fee venue with all the games on freeplay.
We're planning to start with about 100 machines with our main focus on the classics. Classic woodies, mixed with some repro's (which we will fade out in due time), Pinballs, airhockey, some modern machines like Vewlix's, Candies and also some great deluxe cabs like Outrun, Hang On, 18 wheeler, Elevator action death parade etc.

The team consist of me doing the hardware, Steven (who is known as a presentor on Gamekings) doing marketing/PR and Bas (a great chef in Amsterdam) and Margot who will be doing the food/drinks.

Today we've signed the contract for the warehouse that we'll be converting into the arcade in the northern part of Amsterdam (NDSM area). The upcoming months I hope to post some updates of the progress and working towards an opening before this summer.

If you have any questions, comments or game requests, let me know!

Update May 1st:
We just opened the crowdfunding on Indiegogo : https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/blast-galaxy-arcade-club-amsterdam
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:27:55 PM by jinxz »

Robinholland

• View Profile
Re: Blast Galaxy arcade club Amsterdam
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 06:13:24 PM »
congratulations  :wink:

jinxz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 06:27:07 PM »
congratulations  :wink:

Thanks Robin.
I remember how cool the setting was during the Eurocade events in Ridderkerk and Hilversum and I'd love to reproduce some of it's magic with some good ol' classics.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »
That's awesome! Please give us any update on this!  :-*

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »
Grats, sounds great!  ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 10:51:08 AM »
That's very good news, please keep us posted here.  :)

jinxz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 10:21:09 AM »
Thanks guys.
I'm working daily on getting cabinets ready but considering the current batch of cabinets that I'm working on are Vewlix cabs I won't bother DLF'rs ;)

Tomorrow about 40-50 cabinets are arriving in the harbor in Rotterdam from Japan. After the weekend I should have some really good news in regards to woodies that are coming in.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »
Nice! Saw the Gamekings video a few weeks ago, you already got an impressive collection!

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 08:14:30 PM »
I like it that the main focus is on Classic Arcade games, must be the influence of Steven (Gamekings amongst others), he really is into classic gaming. Can't wait which classic dedicated games will be presented, a lineup of Nintendo games, originals of course, would be awesome.

Please share the info about the crowdfunding here too, I'm interested in a pre-opening party!  :spaceace:

Can you already share the location, as that has been finalized?

jinxz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »
The location will be the Mt. Lincolnweg 17 in Amsterdam. Its located in the NDSM area just above the IJ river. One of the few locations in Amsterdam with loads of parking space, and just a nice open minded creative spot in Amsterdam.

Yeah Steven has been a great advocate for classic games in the line-up. I should have the "final" list of games mid next week. Luckily the list will not be set in stone and is always changing when games pop up (or break down  :D )

At this moment we are planning just above 100 cabinets on day 1. Consisting of at least 30, up to 50 woodies. As said, some will be converted generics and most of them will be dedicated.
Some dedicated cabs that are for sure:
- Ikari warriors (rotary sticks)
- After Burner
- Space Panic
- Jaleco's Big run
- beast busters
- Wec Le Mans DLX
- Darius Burst AC
- Black Knight 2000 pinball

As a "homebrew" project I will also prep my Namco POD cabinet that is running an XboxOne with the latest Forza Horizon.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:28:14 PM by jinxz »

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 01:26:03 PM »
sounds great, will be definitely interesting!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 07:42:31 PM »
And also some pinball machines, besides the one that you listed? Video games and pinballs, with one or two table football games make a great mix. :)

jinxz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 08:53:29 PM »
The plan is to start with at least 3 pinball machines. Depending on the budget from the crowdfund we want to expand to 5-6 within a month.

I'm personally mostly into DMD generation pins but the Black Knight was a deal I couldn't refuse :) We went for a hike last weekend and ended up at an icecream truck where I talked to the owner. It turned out that he was about to sell his pinball machine and because the right flipper didn't move he cut the price in half :)
25 euro's for a new solenoid and voila.

Football table might be feasible. I have room for 2 Airhockeys but only have one at this moment. So anything can happen ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 01:40:07 AM by jinxz »

Bomjac

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 07:31:32 PM »
Will be in 020 around June 1st (Rebellion Punk fest at the Melkweg) - any chance you will be open by then)?

jinxz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 01:00:01 AM »
No unfortunately not. We start working in the warehouse around that time. I would've wanted to start earlier but the real estate business in Amsterdam is bureaucratic and slow.
Putting the machines in the arcade is one of the last things we do.