Author Topic: A new toy for Etienne  (Read 7839 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
A new toy for Etienne
« on: April 22, 2009, 01:23:06 PM »
Recently my wife bought for me a present at the local toystore here

I think she was crazy of me talking about classic games  ;)

Its a 5 in one game for direct connection to the TVset.

As you can see it has 5 wonderfull classics inside !

1. Ms. Pacman
2. Pole Position
3. Galaga
4. Xevious
5. Mappy

Here you can see that the `arcade Fever´ is indeed in the genes as my son likes it very much too !
(as far as he can understand it, he is 1 year and  5 months old  ;D)

`Hey daddy, i think this cable must go to the TVset , let me just check that!´

`I think this yellow connector keeps the composite signal, and the white the sound , im almost sure´  8)

`Ok dad, its defenetly correct what i just found out, im totally sure about it , so hurry up and lets go to play dad!´

So i think i just need to folow my sons advice now :D

Im also wondering howlong this toy is going to survive his life as a toy in the way its now , because i think it makes a wonderfull replacement board for a nice project  8)

Greetings
Etienne
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:31:00 PM by Etienne [NL] »

vib_ribbon

• View Profile
Re: A new toy for Etienne
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:22:45 PM »
great photos and cute child.

my favourite from that list = xevious, for sure!! what's yours?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 05:59:11 PM »
Really nice pictures  :-*

Great gift too... only classics (Xevious & Galaga are the best 4 me)  :) Does your wife know these games by the way?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 07:47:12 PM »
Thanx guys!

@ vib_ribbon, I like them all 5 but if i really have to choose my favorite, i must say ms pacman, but that is just because i suck more at the others  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad that there is no Donkey kong inside :(, that is my favorite classic game.

@ DarthNuno, My wife knows  :pac:  :ghost: :ghost: Pacman 8),  i can almost say ofcourse PacMan :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:.

but i think for the people that don't really know classics , pacman is the onlyone they know from this list, well maybe galaga.

for myself, i receive this gift after i saw the movie "The King of kong" , and before i saw the movie , i never had heard about Mappy  :-[

Anyway, the others i remember from the local arcades (when they still existed here in the netherlands, there are almost no here anymore)

thats also the reason that its very difficult to find cabs here i think  :(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:50:54 PM by Etienne [NL] »

The Chrono Trigger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »
I remember PacMan, Galaga, and Pole Position. My dad loved playing Pacman before he passed away. In fact, one time when he was in the hospital, he took my sister's old Game Boy and a copy of Pacman with him and he'd play nonstop for hours.
I am the assassin of time. I am the Chrono Trigger!

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 08:31:13 PM »
Hey Etienne ... great start for your son !!! Five beautiful classics games  :-* :-*

My favourites .... mmmhhhh .... as Bruno .....

1st place Galaga
2nd place Xevious

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 09:08:32 PM »
I remember PacMan, Galaga, and Pole Position. My dad loved playing Pacman before he passed away. In fact, one time when he was in the hospital, he took my sister's old Game Boy and a copy of Pacman with him and he'd play nonstop for hours.

Im sorry to hear that , i know how it is to loose a father, i hope my son will see me live long, i was rather young when my dad passed away,

anyway its nice that he had the opportunity to enjoy pacman , even in the hospital.

Hey Etienne ... great start for your son !!! Five beautiful classics games  :-* :-*

I hope he like it just as much as i do when he's older, because i think in that case there is no better toy than a MAME machine !  8) (wich ofcourse i still need to build someday....)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:10:34 PM by Etienne [NL] »