Author Topic: Renting somewhere for games  (Read 2840 times)

ocb

• View Profile
Renting somewhere for games
« on: September 19, 2017, 08:42:56 PM »
I know some of you guys had/have rented "space" to either store or even store and play your cabs.
What sort of price would I be paying per square metre for a small unit with power?

It's not just for me - but a flipper mate of mine also. He has about 15 pinballs across various friends and relatives.

Somewhere south(ish) of Brussels.

I've been looking on Immoweb, VLAN and 2ememain - and I don't see much.

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
Re: Renting somewhere for games
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 09:35:18 PM »
Commercial space is very expensive, surely around Brussels.

Look for empty office buildings, talk to companies that hire people to temporary inhabit empty buildings like stores, cloisters or buildings that have been left by municipalities and such, talk to housing companies, or look around in the countryside; farmers often have lots of space in buildings on their farms
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

ocb

• View Profile
Re: Renting somewhere for games
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:55:18 PM »
Cheers for the advice.
I see SNCB/NMBS or ex-Belgacom property all over the place lying empty that would be killer "private arcades".
I have zero interest in getting something like the UK "ArcadeClub" up and running, but I'm definitely not the only one around here who would appreciate a "space".

Not being a "real" Belgian I have zero idea how to approach Communes or letting agencies :(

One example - there is a lovely old "signal house" at the train station of Sint-Genesius-Rode. Not huge, probably 150m2. You can't get easier to get to by train, plus plenty of free parking - but it's just lying empty. 2km up the road is an "entrepĂ´ts" from Belgacom of about 1500m2 lying empty...

...yet I'm playing tetris with my tiny garage :(