Author Topic: Selling most of my arcade game collection (SOLD)  (Read 17316 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Selling most of my arcade game collection (SOLD)
« on: July 19, 2017, 11:48:12 PM »
Guys, the time has come that I need to say farewell to most of my classic games, for several reasons. That's why I put all games but Crazy kong and Moon Crest up for sale, including a bunch of spares (monitors, art, etc.).

Here is the gamelist, with some details per game (All SOLD):

1. A very, very nice DK, nicest one in Europe,  ;D with the DKII Romhack (http://www.jeffsromhack.com/products/d2k.htm) and a second PCB with the DK/Paulina romset from Jochen. Also some flat T-molding that I didn't install yet and other spare parts (mainly coin door related). I installed a brand new NOS bezel last year.

2. A DK cocktail game (licensed by Nintendo) that needs serious attention but has the rare original 4-board DK PCB (working status unknown). It comes with repro CPO art, made by Etiènne.

3. A very nice Galaga, 100% working and in good condition, with extra artwork set from This Old Game (Side art, kickpanel art and CPO). It comes with an extra PCB that needs a repair (keeps rebooting).

4. A very nice Joust, 100% working (after I swap out a faulty RAM), it already has the 4164 RAM modification, it has a superb WG WGZ1973-U2GS14H monitor with an as-new picture, the batteries are replaced by a 3V CR2032 cell battery, spare marquee and a set of art stencils that I bought from André a while back.

5. A very, very nice Juno First, in good condition and 100% working. Great game.

6. A very nice Gyruss, 100% working. This is a wonderful game. It comes with a spare game PCB and a HS save kit that still needs to be installed.

7. A very nice Centipede, good looking cab with a 100% working game. I also have a spare PCB for it which needs repair (onscreen garbage) . There were some smaller damages on the laminated frontpanel that I smoothened out. I have black laminate for it to put on, so the cab will look like new again.

8. Qix, the cabinet is in decent condition, the game is working but the old WG monitor needs attention (screenfield was narrowed), probably a daughterboard issue. I have a repro CPO for it (from This Old Game) and a second Bezel or marquee.

9. A very nice Pac-Man, with a NOS WG monitor with beautiful picture. I also still have the original WG monitor, which died on me, again probably a daughterboard issue, so repairable. At the moment I have Mike Doyle's 96-in-1 Multipac installed, so lots of games. It has a NOS marquee and I have a complete set of stencils or the whole cabinet, bought it once from a KLOV member. There is also a Multi pac-man marquee (see the froum somewhere) and a repro TOG CPO waiting to install.

10. A tempest which is in great condition. This cab is a real beauty, although if I would have kept it I would exchange the CPO and the marquee. The game is complete but not working. I think that it is a monitor problem and I have the monitor for repair at Andre's place (will he still?).

11. A beautiful Black Widow. This game is very rare and you won't find another one in this great condition. It was 100% working until one day the monitor picture collapsed. This monitor is also at André for repair (and the same ....).

12. An ugly Nintendo VS, at least ugly because of the green color. However I already removed some of the paint and under it the orange color of the original DK Jr. cab shows up. The cab is in great condition, but will need new side art. It is 100% working and comes with two games, VS Super Mario Bros. and VS Dr. Mario. SMB has a freeplay rom installed and has a marquee. For both games mirror-printed bezel artwork present, they just need to be installed on glass (also present). for SMB also some original docs are present.

13. A very nice Breakout, 99,9% working. Nice game with some history as we all know. The front laminated panels could use a new fresh black laminate, but see below for that.

14. A Ric-o-chet which is in great cosmetical condition. This is like a 4-player pong. The game is working, but with a distored gamescreen. The monitor, which acually is a 1967 BW TV (!!) needs repair or replacement. But the cabinet is in excellent condition and complete.

15. A very nice Asteroids. The cab is in great condition and 100% working. I have the HS save kit installed. A real beauty.

That is it for the games. For most of them you will find pictures (at least, as long as photobucket isn't killing the links!!!) and more details in several topics on the forum.

Additional I have:

- a second NOS monitor (the same as the one in Pac-Man), still in box
- a spare BW vector monitor (Asteroids)
- some other spare tubes
- a 3 meter role of black laminate (for the Atari games like Centipede, Breakout)
- originals manuals for about half of the above mentioned games
- some smaller stuff, like coin inserts etc.
- stepdownconverters for the games that need it.

That's about it, as you see quite a lot of stuff. When this is all gone, then I still have two Zaccaria cabs, Crazy Kong and Moon Crest (and a High Speed pinball). I'm keeping these two because they are are pure youth sentiment. And this is not an Exit, I'm just trimming down a bit.  :D

Now comes the important part, I don't want to spend too much time and hassle on selling the games, so at the moment I am only open for offers for the whole collection and parts, not for individual games! I have also approached a few collectors outside our community because I don't think that there will be many interested here for the whole lot, most of you already have more than one of the above listed games, but I feel obligated to inform you all and give you an opportunity.

If you are interested for the whole collection, then please send me a PM with an offer. And I can't hold on the games for too long. If I fail to sell the whole lot in one deal, then I might later be open for individual offers.

And I don't know if you know someone with love for Japanese Candy games, but also for sale are:

New Astro City. Cab is in great condition With a very nice monitor. Comes with an original 2P6B CP, repro marquee holder, 2 (Cave) marquees, 220V-110V stepdown converter. NVS4000 PSU. Euro coin mech (€ 0.50).Everything working 100%. Price is € 775. SOLD

Sega Blast City. Cab is in great condition. MS2931 monitor, no screen burn, original 2P6B CP, second marquee (Cave, see picture), 220V-110V stepdown converter, Original Jamma/JVS 001 loom. Works on 100 Yen (I can supply some Yen coins if wanted). Everything working 100%. Price is € 925 SOLD

Like both games? Get them for 1.650, including 2 stepdown converters.

- 3 original Taito stools, red cushion. € 50 each. SOLD
- original 2-player Taito bench. € 125. SOLD

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:28:00 AM by ckong »

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Selling most of my arcade game collection
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 10:25:47 AM »
Damn Eric - what's going on?

First Andre and now you  :ghost: :(

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 11:32:17 AM »
I was pretty sure, that André's decission will start the avalanche. >:(

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 11:51:43 AM »
:( guys... you might sell your stuff... but you are not allowed to leave the community. please!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 02:35:46 PM »
I have been contemplating selling most games for a long time now, they just didn't get the attention that they deserve. Besides, sometimes real-life kicks in a bit harder than you can handle. I had the guts to already sell some games (6) last year, am impressed by André's decision and action (he too was reconsidering the hobby for a long time now) and thought to myself "well, if André can do it, then why can't I?  :).

But I'm not leaving, just selling 'some' games. The ones that I really have fond childhood memories of, CK and Moon Crest are staying. Moon Crest(a) is a great game, IMO, I played it a lot back in 1980 and the Zaccaria cab is a real piece of art. The same goes for CK, I'm working on CK's sideart now, so that the cab will one day be as awesome as Moon Crest.

In fact, I think that I will get a bit more active again on the forum now I only have two games to concentrate on.  :)  And I will always have a game to bring with me to the next Eurocade party!  :spaceace:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:39:25 PM by ckong »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 02:50:02 PM »
My friend, the owner of the hungarian pinball and videogame museum will contact you soon. ;)
Keeping Moon Crest and the Crazy Kong makes you a Zaccaria collector. :D ;D ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 05:14:02 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 07:44:57 PM »
Good to hear that, ckong.
If that crazy kong on eurocade17 was yours, then I played it a lot  ;D

And yes, ZZZ cabs are really a BEAUTY!

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 11:27:42 PM »
My friend, the owner of the hungarian pinball and videogame museum will contact you soon. ;)

>:(
Hungary.... only when he opens an Amsterdam branch  :P

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 12:56:02 AM »

That place has more pinballs and videogames from the 1950's until nowadays, that all the european public arcades together. :P :-*

Gerike

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 01:53:24 AM »
You have to see it! It's a wonderful place, and the owner is one of the nicest person I've ever known.

Mostly pinballs, but growing arcade sections: http://www.flippermuzeum.hu/en/

arcade for life

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 08:37:40 AM »
On topic please.  :)

Lonewolf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 09:57:05 AM »
Hello. Is there any way to have pics of the cabs?

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »
Hello. Is there any way to have pics of the cabs?

Yep, they are all over the forum. Search by name of the game, and topic starter  (ckong is the name, and also a great game).  :)

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »
 ;)
Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Vanguard.