Author Topic: Work In Progress - Show Us What You are Working On  (Read 54583 times)

Pinge

• View Profile
Re: Work In Progress - Show Us What You are Working On
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 12:14:44 AM »
20 Euros? That is indeed a steal...
- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »
Doing sander work in an apartment is pretty far from optimal, but in my case it's the only option apart from taking it outside for every session.

I decided to do the work in the bath room since it's naturally the most bondo dust friendly place. It's not alot of space but what can you do?

After several hours of bondo/sanding/bondo/sanding repeat, it's finally ready for some paint job at least

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 02:41:55 PM »
Hehe, doing stuff in the bathroom  ;D. Been there, done that, I know what you are talking about!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »
Currently working on the Walls Down cabinet (Atari Breakout clone) and making some great progress.
Did some rewiring work on the harness & front panel and got the PCB to spit out a decent video signal!
All that needs to be done is remove the jitter from the pedal (probably a voltage issue) & running into some bad luck in regards to
monitors. Can't seem to find a CRT that's the correct size and reasonably close so I can pick it up  :lol:

Overall I am not spending as much time as I would like on arcade repairs the last few weeks due to the company where I work at moving locations.
But! Here is a picture of a project we are working on, as its semi/kinda/somehow/a bit related? (It's a tractor simulator to teach students how to behave in traffic).

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
Cool simulator... expensive shit I guess
- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 09:28:39 PM »
Very busy atm.

Run #9 of the Alustickers is printed, sorted, and now its cutting and packing time.

So yeah, pretty busy :-)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:23:03 PM by Etienne MacGyver »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 10:05:32 PM »
Vond:
Nice Commodore test monitor you have tehre. ;)
Etienne:
The good old stickers, nice to see your pro equipment. :D

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »
Bought a Rampage this weekend, one of my top "must have"-games  :D

The side art was still there & looked decent enough. The marquee was in great shape.

The same couldn't be said about the rest of the cabinet unfortunately.

It had at some point been converted to a "Moonwalker". The CP was stripped and painted black, as well as 3 Atari cone buttons sloppily drilled on the top.

The bezel glass was in great shape but the art was ruined due to the "Moonwalker" stickers. The harness had also been molested.

Apart from some sprite errors the PCB seems to work fine though. Must find a sound card

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »
Started to work on the CP yesterday. This abomination is going to be a Rampage CP once again. All the buttons and joysticks are original.

Started by removing all metal parts and put them in an ultrasonic bath to remove paint and rust.

Then moved on to the metal plate. Some Citristrip does wonders if you want to remove paint

After the paint was gone there are still alot of rust, so some grinding work is next

The metal parts are now as good as new  :)

And my best friendo Chemical metal will help to undo those horrible drilled holes.
A hint to anyone using this, have a piece of teflon where you want to have a plain surface (you can see that I have a piece of teflon under the CP in this photo). Chemical metal has a bad habbit of sticking to basically everything but not teflon though. Easy as pie to remove the teflon after the work is done.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:26:22 PM by rogerxy »

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2017, 08:09:17 PM »
Looking good, roger. If you need some pictures, I can take it from my Rampage which is waiting in the garage.

Ok, update from my side.
Im not really working on them but yesterday, the transport company showed up, again  ;D
And yes, I know, this is MUCH worse than I thought and it means a hell of work, but well...

Number 3 should be already here, instead of it, I got some swimming pool stuff. Looks like the transport company screwed up.

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 05:28:27 PM »
Ok, and the last 1 arrived now too. I bought that cab from germany, and then the shipping company screwed up and sent it to the dutch - TO HOLLAND, can you believe that ( there are already a lot of collectors there  ;D ).

Ok here it is:

For a little extra cash, I got this too:

Its an original DK Jr board, hacked to play DK3.

Sadly, ive seen another cab online, which I would really like. But there is already no space in the new, coming gameroom. So I would have to store other cabs in the garage, which isnt really good. Lets sleep over it...

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2017, 06:32:10 PM »
nice catch, I like the art of the cab and gameplay!

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2017, 06:33:28 PM »

On the backside, you can only remove that little backboard, because...

... you put out the pcb & co to the front!

something is missing?

The bodyframe around the coinbox is completely close, no chance for a coin to hide. So I dont have much hope to find coins in that cab ( ok, I havent searched for them ). So at the end, I thought lets have a look why the cab stands so out of position to the front and...

Yes, money, bling bling  ;D

Resumee: another huge project for the future...

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2017, 12:23:21 PM »
Beautiful cabinet that Mousetrap!