Author Topic: Xbox 360 Demo Kiosk  (Read 7344 times)

simplesi

• View Profile
Xbox 360 Demo Kiosk
« on: May 16, 2016, 07:27:26 PM »
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been posting and visiting the forum, but I've been catching up with some great reading on here.

I was inspired by Darth Nuno's Xbox 360 kioak and managed to get my hands on one myself. I just wanted to ask if any of you (or Darth) have issues with the Xbox button on the controller being disabled?

Cheers,

Si

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Xbox 360 Demo Kiosk
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 09:05:53 PM »
Not sure to understand the question... but for my XBOX Kiosk (not the 360 one, the original XBOX one to be precise), the only thing I have to do is to open the kiosk door in order to access the xbox 'power on' button and of course changing disc game if needed (I'm using a modded xbox that run 'CoinsOps 6 or 7'  ;) )

mumboking

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:43:52 PM »
Apparently, the XBOX buttons are deliberately disabled. Something to do with the Kiosk Control Pack.
I enjoy reading about arcade cabinets. I don't own one though... :(

simplesi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 03:58:24 PM »
Ah... I thought it may have been disabled through the Medusa input (Kiosk Control Pack). I guess, I could just plug the controllers in directly to the XBOX. I would recommend this unit for collectors... very good build quality and you can still get them at a good price.

I am jealous of your setup with the original XBOX. I was looking for the original and came across the 360 one on ebay... sorry, I confused the issue earlier. I can put up some photos as the lighting is fantastic.