Author Topic: Pinge! The presentation of your average Swede!  (Read 9357 times)

Pinge

• View Profile
Pinge! The presentation of your average Swede!
« on: March 23, 2016, 09:44:12 PM »
A few weeks back i registered to this forum, have been lurking around since and now decided to present myself!

Im a 35( :o ) year old guy from a very tiny shithole of a town in Sweden. Just the average family father with many projects and little time.

I still feel like a n00b when it comes to one of my hobbies, arcade gaming/collecting!

I got my first cabinet (a Danish JK-F3) back in 2004 with a single Neogeo motherboard and super sidekicks 3. Since then I´ve had alot of different cabinets and a few pinballs.
But as many of you know, games come and go all the time.

At this moment I have 7 arcade cabinets and one Pinball machine! I have two generic jamma cabinets, Paddle Battle, two Playchoice 10, Sega Mega-Tech & Dk Jr.

I dont really know what to tell you without boring you to death. Worth mentioning is that rogerxy (newly registered here aswell) is a good friend of mine. We are both part of association that used to arrange a Retrogame-fair in Gothenburgh called Retrospelsmässan.

Threads with no pictures are not as fun so here you go

Three of my games, have to say they are my favorites!

Me trying to play Mario Kart in Tokyo last year

Me picking up my latest addition to the collection

Any questions?
- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Pinge! The presentation of your average Swede!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 12:29:06 PM »
Hello and welcome here.
Wow, not one but 2 PlayChoice 10 cabinets, which games do they run? And what games do you have for them?
Have a PlayChoice 10 myself, and its one of the cabinets that get the most play at any event, so I completely understand why you love them so much!

Michael

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 12:52:16 PM »
Thanks and hi Muerto.

Pc10 is a very cool system and I really love to have them even though I dont have the time I would like to spend with them.
My machines are quite different from eachother

Machine 1: Made in US, Sharp Monitors, have the gun, slightly higher and different wood (thicker)
Machine 2: Made in Japan, Sanyo Monitors, a converted Punchout acording to license plate and burn-in on the top monitor  :lol:

Both of theese i have found here in Sweden, they are very rare here and I only know of 3 machines in total and heard about a fourth (unconfirmed).

At the moment Machine 2 is playing PunchOut (not pc10), I got pcb, marquee & cp a few years back, might convert the cabinet back to PO in the future event hough the game is quite boring.

The other machine is having some of my favorites in it at the moment:
Rescue rangers, Metroid, Pro-Am, Mario Bros, MTPO, MegaMan 3, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Castlevania, Excitebike

I have quite alot games for the system, the ones Im missing is: Solar Jetman, Rockin Kats, Powerblade, Yo Noid and ofcourse the impossible/non existing ones (Shatterhand, Ninja Gaiden III & RBI Baseball)

What games do you have? And did you see my FS/WTT Thread of my doubles?  ;)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 01:15:06 PM »
Welcome!! :)

I wonder how the arcade scene used to be in Sweden....or still ist. Did you have those classic arcades or just a cab standing here and there? In Germany we had arcades (well, sort of) but you were not allowed to enter below 18. And when I turned 18 in 1986, they were gone or the machines had almost been replaced by non videogames  :-\

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 02:34:33 PM »
Im not old enough to remember it to well but i think Sweden had a similar situation as Germany with the difference you only had to be 16 to play... im born 1980 and as far as I remember there where games "everywhere" like pizzerias, campingsites, videostores and ofcourse some real arcades. We even had an arcade/poolhall in the small city Im from.... As far as I remember there were most generic cabinets around and in the arcades there were also bigger dedicated ones like Outrun and so on..

The arcade& pinball comunity in sweden theese days is alive and kicking with many collectors and games around, sadly there is not so many old dedicated machines around and Nintendo cabinets are really rare, in total that i know of is less than 20.

A couple of containers from japan has come to Sweden over the years so there is quite a few Egrets, Astros, Blasts and similar cabinets around, and ofcourse old generic cabinets are common here, like the Danish JK-F3 is both common and affordable. (not mine on the picture)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 01:55:15 PM »
Welcome Pinge! Enjoy this arcade heaven, DLF is a great place!

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 06:32:30 PM »
Whats the shithole?