Author Topic: Synonym9´s 2015 year end review  (Read 26212 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Synonym9´s 2015 year end review
« on: December 22, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »
OK, guys...its 2 days out to christmas and for me it is always time for forum-threads and podcast-listenings at the holidays, its a nice thing that Vic and Shaun make the year-end-podcast extraordinary long.
I love to listen it in the train going to my mothers house on the 24th.

What have we done in 2015...of course we was active, was´nt we?
Some restored,
some collected,
some collected and then restored
some disappeared due to privat problems but came back in silence
and at least one had to interrupt collecting since he ran out of space, something we all hate more than anything else in the hobby..don´t we?

Yes, it is Don Moazzezi/Alpha1 - the Godfather of european arcade-collecting we are thinking of.
Although he ran out of storage capacity he has bought one more game if I remember right...but for the next time he will be not as active as we know him.
Boy!!! This man got a 145+ machines in total. I cannot even imagine how that all would look like staying next to one another.
Lining them up would result in a row of around 90 meters!!!! :o :o :o :o
Might 2016 bring him some new space so he can continue what he loves to do the most and make him break the 100 meters boarder.

Was´nt it also the year he made another big arcade raid, maybe the biggest we have seen so far...I think it was.
It also was the year when I continued my big operator raid I started back in 2014 which also should have been finished within the year.
Believe it or not, there are still some parts out there I have bring to my storage....I am very curious if the 2016 will end this, it most probably will.

Furthermore it was the year when the the fight between me and Uli reached its peak.
However, and this is way more remarkable for ´15, we ended this and found a new way.
I even would rate him as an arcade-pal meanwhile.

And yes, it was Uli who disappeared for some time, actually for the most time of 2015, due to a dramatic change in his life. He came back in silence...and still he is very silent since not everything is how it was before the happening that changed his life from white to black.  :-\
I am optimistic that we see the old Uli again in 2016. ;)

2015 was also an important year for Bela, you dont get your hands on a Tron every year, not in Europe.
I know it, I had contact with the seller as well, but could´nt get the deal to work, so congratulations Bela. ;)

What else did we have....oh yes - in 2015 my best and closest arcade-friend Martin (Nilfisk) started to look for a storage, so I am sure we will see some action from that guy as well in 2016. Martin really became a friend in the past year. He helped me a lot and I enjoy the time whenever I meet with him.
In ´15 of course he found his super-cool Robo-cabinet. I am more than curious what will happen to this machine in the future.

And what have I done in this year?
Well, it did not start very promising...a game here, a game there...but nothing exiting in the first months.

Thomas, my guy in KY, etablished his life in 2014 and in 2015 everything went a normal way for him over there.
We lost some games as he was often to slow to call the same minute we saw them, but learned in 2015 that the market is big in the US, but also the scene is a lot bigger then in Europe.
You cannot wait and think about a game....see it, call it, pick it as soon as you can. This is how it works out in the states.
There are games that are gone half an hour after the ad was written.
Maybe we can increase in reaction-speed in 2016 and as much as I love that he get us games overseas, I really want to have him back in Austria. I miss him.
Speaking of Thomas and arcade pickups...it was also the year he was thinking to roll his Chevy Trailblazer over the edge.....BOY, that car gave him hard times.
He just could´nt keep that thing running.
Kind enough to make a trip to Ohio to pick to games for me, which turned out in a 13hours-ride, it was unbelievable that the car did´nt die....  :-[

In the middle of the year I have got to know an long-term collector who got decades of collecting behind him. A 1000 games ran through his hands over the years Mark (thats his name) says.
He became a real good friend of me and Thomas and I buy a lot of games from him. Fortunatelly Thomas got plenty of space for the collecting-hobby.
I personally call him the "holy Mark" as he is that kind of human you dont meet often in your life and when, they leave a big footprint.
I did´nt want to spend the money to go to Kentucky but since the man did so so so so much for me I really want to meet him and spend some time together with him and Thomas.
My collection raised dramatically since I know Mark...why? Because its him who makes all the trips accross Ohio and Kentucky for me which is very important especially now as Thomas suffers by a prolapsed disc...not very nice. I hope he recovers soon.
It happened when I delivered a truck-load of pinballs to him (he was in back in Austria for 2 weeks and used the time to buy a little....what else  ::)

OK, lets now have a closer look about what I have picked and what new games I have found this year.

How I said, the year did not start very exiting (not to mention that I could now walk the first 2 months after my accient with the broken ankle  :'(
First, the Tron-deal did not work out, although I am not as angry as the ZZZ-version does not have the cool profile, I am more the Midway-guy on this.
Not one but TWO Xevious´es slipped through my hands.
It is a problem with the german sellers (it was like that with the Tron as well) that they tend to sell games while I look for the shipping.

Then, I found a clean Super Hang-On and an old Pong.
I have got a contact of a shipper who can pick games that are not palletized. I called him and it was no problem to pick the machines.
Since I was not in a hurry I agrred that he can drop the 2 machines when ever he got a way to Austria.
After some weeks the guy disappeared.
Website-dead
Whats App-dead
Phone-dead

I might have no other chance than going to the police and tell them about this. The Super Hang-on was in the nicest shape I have ever came accros on a SHO...so I am very angry and sad about this.

In the end of the year I found more and more games every month.
Here is the list and some, but not all pictures of the games I found (or just picked) in 2015.

Killer Instict 2
Cyber Cycles twin
Pong
Super Hang-on
Afterburner cockpit

Karate Champ

Pheonix (HUO)

Tempest

Then I won two auctions of the same seller with

Zaxxon and
Crystal Castle

Meanwhile I picked the

Simpsons and two pins which are
Bally Radical

and
Bally Dr. Dude

and Tailgunner II at once (it really was time)

What an ass:

Pacman and
Super-Pacman....and
Reactor

Here the Reactor when the holy Mark, my new very close friend from KY picked it.
Thanks Mark, all I can repeat to say is thanks my friend.  :-*

We continue with something I was long, looooooong after, a
Food Fight came along with a LeMans

Look at this beautiful picture:

The LeMans was a 90$ pick-up but I could´nt love it more if it was a 1000.

And here 3 lots of games still being at the sellers and wait for the pick-ups.

Lot #1

Asteroids DLX (US-version)
Pac-Land
Professor Pac

Lot #2

Midway Seawolf
Midway Seawolf

Gun Fight
Midway Panzer Attack (EM-Game)
Super Break-Out (goes to Thomas as well) and.........
Lunar Lander

Lot #3

Frogger
Elevator Action
Defender
Space Fury
Q*bert
Tempest (another one)
Zaxxon (another one)
Black Widow
Star Castle

I am sure I have forgotten the one or other game....but its late and I am tired.
I will control the list tomorrow and might add pictures as soon as I got them.
Here are some impressions of what we collected in the US so far

So, this was my 2015 arcade-wise....what was yours?  :)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 03:51:31 PM by synonym9 »
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: S9´s 2015 year end review
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:16:03 AM »

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

old school

• Read more = post less
    • View Profile
    • Le JR'S
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 09:28:49 AM »
I like this kind of post.

Each year on my website i' use to do a summary of the whole year.

not an easy task because we are busy all around the year.

i'am busy ATM and i got to go so

let me a couple of hour and i will answer.

;D

"Winners Don't Use Drug " but to loop Ghost & Goblins it help !!

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 09:31:51 AM »

I look forward  :)

old school

• Read more = post less
    • View Profile
    • Le JR'S
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »
This year was as the next one , incredible.

each year i say to myself.. "you need to calm down next year..."

and each time it's worse...

;D ;D ;D

This year i collected 7 CAB

#1 jeutel French Generic cab

i'm in love with this kind of cab i own 7 of this babe.

#2    tv ping pong from chicago coin

hobo's pong ;D ;D

i' failled in founding a real pong but this one is ok for me she's gorgeous, i love the colors  and i will bring it back to life in a glorious WIP

#3 Arca 2500

the seller told me it was an atari cab, i 'came and found this 10km from my home, clean and working no way to let it down...

#4 Taito Space chaser

A nice coktail cab with a missing pannel

i found onepannel and thank's to etienne  and it's magic stickers i wil  convert it  in Space invader part II

i've got pcb/pannel/sticker, just need some time to work on it.
`

#5 oh my god we are already at number 5 !!!

#5 pac man

What to say except each serious gamer must own a pac man cab (i'm not -serious it's a joke)

i' love this game and as i like to say, i'm an gamer not a collectioner, so i collect only game i like to play

really happy to caught this one

#6 Mortal Kombat

lazzy Road Trip a friend of mine came and transport it to my house

BBQ was the main event of the day

i'm glad to be a MK/MKII and Ki  owner

#7 Brent Leisure supreme

if you know me you know it's one of my grail !!!

i thought i will never find /own one

it's a miracle, the cab from my chilhood arcade center... i went Road Triping with my daughter for this one and cross France East To West
was long but very fun

more to read in french on my website..

Here we are 7 Cab and something like 30 Arcade pcb Games.

a really good year with a mooving from my 32M2 square garage to a 150 m2 attic
 ;D
manny works to do but it's on the way and 2016 will be the gaming room year .

and what about you guys?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:58:21 PM by old school »
"Winners Don't Use Drug " but to loop Ghost & Goblins it help !!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 12:21:55 PM »
Hey  :spaceace:

Great year in review.

Yes I have run out of space so not many games to buy for me - in fact I sold a few to make some space!  :lol:

You've had a good run on your US acquisitions - I didn't realize you had that many already waiting in the USA! Nice work!

Sorry to hear about your SHO story - that delivery driver sucks - I hope you find him. I would report all you had to the Police for sure.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »
Hey  :spaceace:

Great year in review.

You've had a good run on your US acquisitions - I didn't realize you had that many already waiting in the USA! Nice work!

Thanks Don, I was quite quit the last time but yes, there is a lot going on in my US-department.
As I said, I also bring some games home for you guys like a second Tempest and Zaxxon.
The Tempest is promised to someone if not anybody offers a trade against something I am really after.

Hey  :spaceace:

Sorry to hear about your SHO story - that delivery driver sucks - I hope you find him. I would report all you had to the Police for sure.

The Super Hang-On was not the most expensive nor the most rare one to get my hands on. It though was the most beautiful SHO I ever came accross...thats why I am a little depressed. It is not because of the 160€, it is just hard to find a good one.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 05:15:58 PM by synonym9 »

glstar

• View Profile
Re: Synonym9´s 2015 year end review
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »
Very good review here.
I love that Karate Champ.....
Find me one  ;D

Sorry for the super hang on...
I broke one this year and get the parts, since i have no use for it....(we already have two upright and a limited editions hang on).

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 07:00:42 PM »

I told you Gian, there was one but its gone. Next that appears we pick for you.
Waaaooooww....LE Hang-On!?!?!....the blue bike?
Next time we trade this one :P

glstar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 08:05:41 PM »

I told you Gian, there was one but its gone. Next that appears we pick for you.
Waaaooooww....LE Hang-On!?!?!....the blue bike?
Next time we trade this one :P
Thanks yes, think of me about the karate champ.
:)
Yes the blue bike.
We have to remount it since we had this machine repainted in a professional car shop.....
Sorry, but that machine is not for trade.
:)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 08:15:48 PM »

But where is the restoration-thread....I know where...nowhere.
This is also my last thread. For the future I dont starts threads about my collection anymore, only questions.
I wir around an hour to get pictures from Thomas, upload them to a hoster, make a list what I have bought and so on and so on for 3 guys answering?!?!
And one of them was sent by me to answer....that does not pay.

For the last months everytime I visited DLF I thought "man, that place is dead...never new postings" but I going to stop now as well.
I do not even add the DK I have bought yesterday.
This forum is consisting of the same 10 members who post all the timetime and if you are mind of them you get no feedback.
I am now connected with the ultra long-time collectors (20 years up) and all of them told me to forget forums.

Since I am not as concentrated on forums anymore I got far more games far cheaper and every part I look for.
So for the future I belong to the 98% who only read and ask once in a while...thats it. :)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 09:07:54 PM »
you will be missed so much. byeee!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 09:29:26 PM »
I wir around an hour to get pictures from Thomas, upload them to a hoster, make a list what I have bought and so on and so on for 3 guys answering?!?!
And one of them was sent by me to answer....that does not pay.

For the last months everytime I visited DLF I thought "man, that place is dead...never new postings" but I going to stop now as well.
I do not even add the DK I have bought yesterday.
This forum is consisting of the same 10 members who post all the timetime and if you are mind of them you get no feedback.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 01:40:59 AM »
Now you respond...you guys are really nuts  ::)
You proof one more time you are not able to post something useful...you are only after fights.
If you so happy when I stop posting content, why do you start now suddenly?
The thread is more than a week old, if you are happy that I dont post anymore than shut up and keep silent as you was before and post answers to the same old threads you answer since 2 years to....

Und Stefan, ich hab Dir schon einmal gesagt, geh in Orsch.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:52:28 AM by synonym9 »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 01:59:13 AM »

By the way Etienne....I am not whinning, I am just saying. No idea why you provoke a fight.
Others stop posting without explaination, I made a statement...if you allow.