Author Topic: Milan Games Week 2015  (Read 5536 times)

MacDLSA

• View Profile
Milan Games Week 2015
« on: October 24, 2015, 08:01:29 PM »
Hi everyone.

Bruno, I'm sorry to be not too much present in your wonderful site/forum as I did before...
Well, I want to share with you all this wonderful experience  :) !

Yesterday, October 23, 2015, meeting with Toru Iwatani at Milan Games Week.
 :pac:   :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

And, OF COURSE, I didn't miss the chance to have his autograph on my MICRO Puck-Man cabinet, which I made in about 2 days just for the occasion  :) !
My daughter now says "Ok, it's MINE !!!"  :D :-* ! She's almost nine years and she's a fan of Pac-Man :) !
No less... one of the few games which has not aged at all after 35 years !

Ok, let's make you see...

First of all, some pics of my Micro-Cab W.I.P.

There's my old Nokia 6630 inside, with its (GREAT !!!) Symbian O.S.(S60), which I did modify in the past (2002) and set it with almost all what I need to :
> play : MAME, AtariVCS/2600 emulator, C=64 emulator, Gameboy, Sega MegaDrive... ScummVM (!!!)  8)
> browse the net : Opera and something else I don't remember... but the thing I remember well is that I had FREE browsing on the internet (and I mean the *real* internet, not that old crappy WAP :-X :o ;D )
> sat nav : TomTom for S60 (hemm... not properly "original"...  ;) ) with bluetooth antenna
... ok, it didn't make me any coffe, but I think it was pretty enough  ;) !

Then, I spent some hour at my PC using my *OLD!* Ulead Photo Express (which I use since when I had Win98... and there was no time for me to learn to use PhotoShop... but, as I already said, it's pretty enough, too  :oops: ;D ) to set some artworks which could fit on the micro cab  :) !
Well, I think the result is good... and if not, it's pretty enough  ;D !

(on the right there's wife's wedding shoes box, which I "modified" just to make it perfectly suitable for safely carrying the cab... ;D ;D )

And then... IWATANI !
Here he's at our GamesCollection(.it) stand, the only one where a person could find *REAL* videogames, not all that crappy next-gen of which the "GamesWeek" was full ! (visitor's average age = around 17... and the rest of us, all around 45, are already included in the count...  :'( )

At the conference, in which Toru "made a sprinkling" of what was about the story of his never aged "Pakkuman"

And here it is !!!!!!!!!
Signin' my microcab with gold paint marker (and he didn't used it for no one else than me !!!!!!!!  ;D 8) 8) 8) )
His expression was really "emblematic" at the sight of a Puck-Man cab, even in miniature !
Me : "All handmade and fully playable.. unfortunately the battery is completely discharged"
***(I had to wait 2 hours and half... and Nokia's battery is too aged... it do not resist more than 2 hours of standby  :oops:" )***
He : "................................................"
ACH ! He don't speak a word in english... ONLY JAPANESE !!!  :oops: :'( In fact he always needs an interpreter...
But, hey, he perfectly "got my message" and he was visibly pleased !!!

And... THE PICTURE !
(!!!!!!!!! ... I am 45 and he's 60, but I am more gray than him !!!!!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( but, as Indy said, "It's not the age, it's the MILEage..."  ;) )

After all, we went to eat some pizzas and, of course...

And then .... the evening ended (1:00 am) at Vernimark Arcade ! 8) 8) 8) :) :) :)
[videoclip] https://youtu.be/2-e7NP4xvm4

Some other pics, made today in my house and with my daughter with her dolls around.......  :o ;D

Hehe... dolls wants to play  ;) !
[videoclip] https://youtu.be/cfnG7gtTEXY
Marco"MacDLSA", Daphne Team
irc[dot]enterthegame[dot]com , channels #Daphne / #Lasergames

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Milan Games Week 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 10:12:24 PM »
That is an awesome meet, and that home made mini puck man looks terrible! And 'cherry on the dot', it is now signed by Mr IWATANI himself... woow... just wooow  :P :-* :-* :-* Opportunities to meet that guy are very very very low, but you did it, and in an elegant way with your 'custom item puck man related' to sign.  8)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:09:30 AM »
Very cool !

MacDLSA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 09:51:32 AM »
Thanks Bruno and Andrè  :) !
Hey... Andrè, do you remember that arcade room shown in the first clip (the link is just under the Pac-Pizza) ?
 ;)
Marco"MacDLSA", Daphne Team
irc[dot]enterthegame[dot]com , channels #Daphne / #Lasergames

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »
Nice ! , i like mini cabinets  ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 09:05:13 PM »
Thanks Bruno and Andrè  :) !
Hey... Andrè, do you remember that arcade room shown in the first clip (the link is just under the Pac-Pizza) ?
 ;)
Haha definitely ! Although I have a hard time trying to imagine just how freaking hot the weather was :D